Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186361 times)
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:02:25 PM

I do not think that this will happen, the bitcoin is way too big and I do not think it can be replaced anymore by another cryptocurrency.
anything could happen , so do about this bitcoin could be replaced as the most used cryptocurrency. so far i can see the most threatening altcoin that have a lot of potential like to make bitcoin not popular and people start move to this altcoin. they are ethereum they have one billion market cap while bitcoin have 10 billion market cap , this is possible but the chance itself just a little to happen.

usually when you see around here that people are talking about bitcoin and bitcoin dying, being replaced, ... they are in fact talking about an altcoin they want to advertise and this is the only reason why i always say a big fat no to these kinds of topic and say bitcoin is not going to be replaced by their shitcoin.

All the things that exist in the world of digital currency will surely there are things where they more favor altcoin they build or believing. But I am sure that all of the coin who would like to beat the bitcoin will never happen. Because the Bitcoin is a very complex place that is good to get something that is not available to existing currencies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatima zuhra

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:45:39 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
It would be really something is bitcoin would be taken over by some other crypto currency because bitcoin is at the moment the biggest one.
It would not make much sense if the more little one would take over Bitcoin.
I do not think there could be sure that, in addition to currency bitcoin crypto is the best and the biggest but it is likely to be replaced will probably continue to exist, because the new coin will continue to emerge and may be among them there are coin nicer and potential

Anything is possible in near future and if there is a new coin which holds better and unique features then bitcoin then in it will take no time for people to quit bitcoins and switch to new coin.

Highly doubt that, maybe in the next few years IF bitcoin doesn't take over much of the global businesses, then some may consider creating/adapting a new coin to replace bitcoin.

Bitcoin will not be replaced by any cryptocurrency. I believe that bitcoin is the most trustworthy coin and it is hard to make a coin to combat bitcoins. Even there will be coins much more precious than bitcoins but still it will be the standard altcoins. The rising of a new coin is an impossibility that can never happened.
yes i am also agree with you and that is a fact that bitcoin is not going to be replace by any other currency, as bitcoin is becoming more and more stronger as people are investing their money here.
jonahmarieaton101

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:42:11 PM

I do not think that this will happen, the bitcoin is way too big and I do not think it can be replaced anymore by another cryptocurrency.
anything could happen , so do about this bitcoin could be replaced as the most used cryptocurrency. so far i can see the most threatening altcoin that have a lot of potential like to make bitcoin not popular and people start move to this altcoin. they are ethereum they have one billion market cap while bitcoin have 10 billion market cap , this is possible but the chance itself just a little to happen.

Yes anything could happen, there is a possible that bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency. But maybe not for this coming years, it will take a longer time to be replaced by another cryptocurrency. As far as i know, bitcoin is a trustworthy, more progressive, and it is the best cryptocurrency.  Smiley
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:57:55 PM

Bitcoin some years ago no one could think some crypto coin could hit or replace bitcoin from top crypto currencie, nowadays bitcoin had a lot coins fighting to get invest and the interest of crypto community, and one thing is sure, bitcoin need to take care.
dasana212

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:33:58 PM

bitcoin can not be replaced another currency and all cryptocurrency, because in my opinion, every crypto currency has unique in the foundations..
RealEstCoin

Activity: 110

The Commercial Real Estate Coin

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:03:16 PM

A better scenario would be bitcoin being supplemented by another cryptocurrency. Purposeful altcoins expand the bitcoin ecosystem. If bitcoin is comparable to cash then other cryptocurrencies are comparable to gift cards.

hend442

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:57:59 PM

bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency and it will continue to be the number one crypto currency. bitcoin systematically that its very difficult to be replaced. it has been successfully accepted over past seven years.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:05:21 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
It would be really something is bitcoin would be taken over by some other crypto currency because bitcoin is at the moment the biggest one.
I do not think there could be sure that, in addition to currency bitcoin crypto is the best and the biggest but it is likely to be replaced will probably continue to exist, because the new coin will continue to emerge and may be among them there are coin nicer and potential

Anything is possible in near future and if there is a new coin which holds better and unique features then bitcoin then in it will take no time for people to quit bitcoins and switch to new coin.

Highly doubt that, maybe in the next few years IF bitcoin doesn't take over much of the global businesses, then some may consider creating/adapting a new coin to replace bitcoin.

Bitcoin will not be replaced by any cryptocurrency. I believe that bitcoin is the most trustworthy coin and it is hard to make a coin to combat bitcoins. Even there will be coins much more precious than bitcoins but still it will be the standard altcoins. The rising of a new coin is an impossibility that can never happened.
yes i am also agree with you and that is a fact that bitcoin is not going to be replace by any other currency, as bitcoin is becoming more and more stronger as people are investing their money here.

That is true that people are investing their money in bitcoin at a moment but it will not take long time for people to switch to other coin if its giving more benefits to them in compare to bitcoins.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:08:44 AM

I don't think any cryptocurrency will replaced bitcoins place unless that cyptocurrency will likely bitcoins as it circulates and use in some countries like bitcoins that will have a big percentage to be known that cryptocurrency but as long as no one can make bitcoins achievements in the world no one can replace even the second largest coin ethereum .
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:49:06 AM

That is true that people are investing their money in bitcoin at a moment but it will not take long time for people to switch to other coin if its giving more benefits to them in compare to bitcoins.
Absolutely, crypto very tight competition. Which will be the peak of its popularity is that continues to progress. Bitcoin is very likely to be superseded other crypo if not progress. If you can not compete bitcoin, bitcoin will die in the street.
dimonstration

Activity: 2576
Merit: 659

Dimon6969

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:06:09 AM

Absolutely, crypto very tight competition. Which will be the peak of its popularity is that continues to progress. Bitcoin is very likely to be superseded other crypo if not progress. If you can not compete bitcoin, bitcoin will die in the street.
Yes agree maybe one day there's a coin who will get interest of many investor and it will replace the bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:16:58 AM

Possibly bitcoin won't be replaced by another cryptocurrency in the future but there is still a small possibility that it will be replaced. I said it since many coins are being made to compete with bitcoin but they fail in the end but there might be a time in the future where a promising coin will dethrone bitcoin for real. There's just a low probability of it happening too but im sure if that happens the coin that will dethrone bitcoin is a better cryptocurrency.
tunctioncloud

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:17:57 AM

No, it does not make any sense. Bictoin is the older, the original, the most accepted and has no default that could make it sink.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 10:21:07 AM

Possibly bitcoin won't be replaced by another cryptocurrency in the future but there is still a small possibility that it will be replaced. I said it since many coins are being made to compete with bitcoin but they fail in the end but there might be a time in the future where a promising coin will dethrone bitcoin for real. There's just a low probability of it happening too but im sure if that happens the coin that will dethrone bitcoin is a better cryptocurrency.

Not possible, even the smallest possibility, the only thing can happen is some altcoins reach the same price level as bitcoins. but we are still far from getting there..

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:29:07 AM

No, it does not make any sense. Bictoin is the older, the original, the most accepted and has no default that could make it sink.
yes like currently, so many new cryptocurrency born. but still can not replace bitcoin. bitcoin will remain the main. I think it is not easy to create new cryptocurrency and then be as large as bitcoin. if it was easy, I think a lot of people who will create new cryptocurrency it and potentially a major fraud in the future.

jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:32:55 AM

I am not sure that bitcoin could be replaced by other digital currencies. bitcoin digital currency is the first in the world. I still believe bitcoin will be used by everyone in the world and none of interference from other altcoin.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:40:06 AM

I am not sure that bitcoin could be replaced by other digital currencies. bitcoin digital currency is the first in the world. I still believe bitcoin will be used by everyone in the world and none of interference from other altcoin.

yeah bitcoin is bigger in compare to other digital currencies so I don't think that any other coin has potential to replace bitcoins and even if it happens then it will take long time.
BTC Loading

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

if you believe you can succeed

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:46:37 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I dont think that it will be that easy because of the traction that bitcoin has in the cryptocurrency world and its infulance

But if the cryptocurrency is a very storng one that is developed by professionals and has a promiseing future it may replace bitcoin
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 11:40:34 AM

Not possible, even the smallest possibility, the only thing can happen is some altcoins reach the same price level as bitcoins. but we are still far from getting there..
I think it has a chance even though it is a very small percentage, we don't know what can happen with bitcoin in the future, who knows suddenly somebody can infiltrate the security then nobody trust bitcoin anymore, then at that point i think we will use another alt coin to replace bitcoin position, but if everything is good then bitcoin will be still at the top of crypto currencies

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 11:50:51 AM

I think it has a chance even though it is a very small percentage, we don't know what can happen with bitcoin in the future, who knows suddenly somebody can infiltrate the security then nobody trust bitcoin anymore, then at that point i think we will use another alt coin to replace bitcoin position, but if everything is good then bitcoin will be still at the top of crypto currencies

I believe bitcoin would be still maintain his position, First of all, bitcoin no need to chance now into other crpto currency, but if something would be wrong with bitcoin in future and its repute could be affect than may be bitcoin would be changed another name or may be marge with another crypto currency. But i wish the day will never come, because i like bitcoin as it is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: