Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVC] Vcash Official Community Thread ▱ Zerotime ▱ Anon ▱ Auto Block Size  (Read 150741 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
basket ball

Activity: 971
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 02:36:08 AM

What a crazy day in XVC land today

So what happened? They got hacked or something like ETH's fork?
disposal so great from hackers

....TRUEPLAY.io....♣ TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
♠ 30% DISCOUNT
    SITE
ANN THREAD
WALLET
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 02:45:00 AM

John did this to the timeline then his twitter account was deleted for a bit and caused a bunch of panic... IMO it was planned

Then he came back on the forum and posted this

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 06:32:42 PM

John did this to the timeline then his twitter account was deleted for a bit and caused a bunch of panic... IMO it was planned

This also explains why he banned public pools which weren't under his control...  He didn't want the emission of the coins to the miners, at least not when he's unaware who's mining...

Crazy guy..  It's not 'his'  coin -  it's everyone's coin... Or at least it should be

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:05:32 PM

This also explains why he banned public pools which weren't under his control...  He didn't want the emission of the coins to the miners, at least not when he's unaware who's mining...

Crazy guy..  It's not 'his'  coin -  it's everyone's coin... Or at least it should be
Most of peers running on linux, so compiled from source. Is there any proofs that the source code have this ban list?
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:56:39 PM

JC fighting with the supressor

DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 06:34:22 PM

This post was deleted on the "official" thread
IMO the dump was created by John in his actions on the timeline and on twitter. He knew exactly what would happen and it did.
By forcing the dump and the panic he has the us by the balls so he can implement the mining fee.
Which I think is fine he wants money to continue his work but the shady way he went about it was fucked.

Also he said his twitter was "removed" due to failed login attempts and posted this picture as proof

take this picture for what its worth...who knows...

LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 06:42:32 PM

Everything Crash
 Angry
LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 06:50:11 PM

This post was deleted on the "official" thread
IMO the dump was created by John in his actions on the timeline and on twitter. He knew exactly what would happen and it did.
By forcing the dump and the panic he has the us by the balls so he can implement the mining fee.
Which I think is fine he wants money to continue his work but the shady way he went about it was fucked.

Also he said his twitter was "removed" due to failed login attempts and posted this picture as proof

take this picture for what its worth...who knows...

He and his team have no respect for the community
Anyone who writes something "Delete"
DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 09:54:46 PM

JimLite in the XVC slack also said something similar to myself but with more detail:

I've known Johns actions for quite a while. The thing with him is you will never know the truth. It obviously looks like he posted the bad news and the probably made his twitter go down (but it could have been all his VPN attempts). This would not be the first COINCIDENCE that he releases really bad forum post and price crashes.
My guess is he does this to
A)Buy cheap coins
B)Try to get rid of the whales (whether real or imaginary that he thinks are manipulating the price).
Every time he does this he does come back, continue deving, and the price goes back up. You will never know if he did this on purpose, he would never admit it, but that doesn't even matter, what matters is if he continues the project, pumps out good features, releases zeroslot, does the governance and gets funding thru option 2.
Though if he sold high and bought low, he would now be the whale/MM and really doesn't need funding or any option as he can now control the price and have funds for dev. Maybe that is what he did, but in any case he has A LOT to prove and EVEN MORE to gain people's trust back. And that is assuming he even gives a shit about people's trust. He may only give a shit about the tech and whether it can be pumped, sold to a business, or incorporated into a business. J
ohn has also stated he is rich and not in this for the money, so "my project needs funds" is kinda B.S. He is either lying one way or the other, but this is his game of poker and he holds all the cards. This would be the 3rd time he has played GOD and wiped out the price with havock like the flood.
I really think John is just playing GOD and telling his real investors/followers to build a fucking ark and when the flood comes fill it with Vcash, while whiping out all the non-believers Vcash.  Then again he could be just completely nutz and cashing out/abandoning the project, but he is too smart to have announced bad news and THEN cashed out.
 He would have released zslots, news, hype and then cashed out slowly. I think his ego, devotion, and desire for a real anon crypto will make him carry on.
I don't agree with his actions at all, but I know it is what it is. The problem is how is he gonna convince the world that all the shit he pulled and his personality give them any reason to invest? I guess he is just going to keep going with the Steve Jobs and Satoshi were assholes, so why not me, it will all work out as I planned.

hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:07:10 PM

I have a feeling this is going to turn into biggest scam in the altcoin history. IMO he dumped his coins before the "news" and rebought 5x cheaper. He will make another announcement which will start new pump. Then he will dump it all and make a lot of money.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:42:00 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2016, 01:05:59 PM by EmilioMann

I have a feeling this is going to turn into biggest scam in the altcoin history. IMO he dumped his coins before the "news" and rebought 5x cheaper. He will make another announcement which will start new pump. Then he will dump it all and make a lot of money.

The coin is excellent, with features that no other has and real potential to become a means of payment. Just read the OP. It isnt scam.
But I agree about the bad character and personality of JC.

Every release of a new feature he dump on investors and says that this was done by investors themselves.

He also created false rumors to dump, like when he said xvc would be added to btc38 and then deleted his post and said he didnt say that.
I understand that he needs money to work, but the way he acts is really stupid.

At every turn he shoots himself and the backs of the investors who trusted him.

He tries to guess how the market will react to some attitude, but the market will never react as he thinks, simply because he is crazy.
He isnt a scammer, he is a retarded.

He must think that with his last Machiavellian plan he kick off the suppressors of the currency, but what he did was to kick 80% of the serious investors who really believed in him and continue with the speculators, who are now making money with shorts on coin.

That asshole thinks that I'm one of the suppressors. I've brought dozens, maybe even a hundred new investors to vcash, most of them now jumped out and are thinking I'm part of the "scam".
hughbt

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:41:52 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2016, 04:09:04 PM by hughbt

I know that the coin works but it doesn't mean he is not scamming investors. As you said he is controlling the market, dumping on news etc. He is making a ton of money while someone is losing. This story that some group (and you) is suppressing the price is pure bs to distract people. He has lied about mobile clients(which supposedly were ready to be deployed A YEAR AGO), whisper app which was complete and ready to be pushed to github (also a year ago and we all know what happened), exchanges and many other things. Scam is about making someone confident about something and exploiting that. That's what he is doing. There is still a lot of people believing in XVC and circlejerking on slack. It's sad that they are so blind. Blind or stupid. You have to be stupid to believe in this pitiful story about blocked twitter account. LMAO

John claims it is "the complete coin" - instant, scalable, anon etc. and he can't find a VC investor? It's very fishy.

Edit:
Looks like circlejerking on vcash slack channel continues. Even "the leader" Mazz has spoken. Where are the mobile clients Mazz? Where is whisper app? Where is btc38? What happened to the JC's money? He said he has a lot of money and started few multimillion dollar companies. Now he is broke?
Picketwire

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 08:01:52 PM

I know that the coin works but it doesn't mean he is not scamming investors. As you said he is controlling the market, dumping on news etc. He is making a ton of money while someone is losing. This story that some group (and you) is suppressing the price is pure bs to distract people. He has lied about mobile clients(which supposedly were ready to be deployed A YEAR AGO), whisper app which was complete and ready to be pushed to github (also a year ago and we all know what happened), exchanges and many other things. Scam is about making someone confident about something and exploiting that. That's what he is doing. There is still a lot of people believing in XVC and circlejerking on slack. It's sad that they are so blind. Blind or stupid. You have to be stupid to believe in this pitiful story about blocked twitter account. LMAO

John claims it is "the complete coin" - instant, scalable, anon etc. and he can't find a VC investor? It's very fishy.

Edit:
Looks like circlejerking on vcash slack channel continues. Even "the leader" Mazz has spoken. Where are the mobile clients Mazz? Where is whisper app? Where is btc38? What happened to the JC's money? He said he has a lot of money and started few multimillion dollar companies. Now he is broke?
Since you have hitched your wagon to a hate thread, could it be possible that you are blind?
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 08:20:52 PM

The coin is excellent, with features that no other has and real potential to become a means of payment. Just read the OP. It isnt scam.

Actually it isn't - when you look at the code and just do some searching you'll find that many, many (!) parts of the code are just copied from other programs/functions - where copyright information then was ripped off and replaced with john's like this:

https://github.com/john-connor/vcash/blob/38ba821efb5e74a7746d81d604af62309e99b343/src/stack.cpp#L29

https://github.com/Packet7/grapevine/blob/cca8b5e8b9f8bf4ef185893071b28a435070e437/src/stack_impl.cpp#L40

It seems like he is using the grapevine implementation for his needs and modified the original code to work with his coind - no doubt that there is some technical skill necessary here, but when you compare the rest of the files (stack.hpp for example) you'll find a lof of similarities which cannot be a coincidence - and everywhere copyright information is removed.

You can do that will almost all files in the repo, just click through the last commits, use some individual function calls for a github / google search and you'll see where the code came / comes from Wink

Chiili

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 08:53:44 PM

Actually it isn't - when you look at the code and just do some searching you'll find that many, many (!) parts of the code are just copied from other programs/functions - where copyright information then was ripped off and replaced with john's like this:

https://github.com/john-connor/vcash/blob/38ba821efb5e74a7746d81d604af62309e99b343/src/stack.cpp#L29

https://github.com/Packet7/grapevine/blob/cca8b5e8b9f8bf4ef185893071b28a435070e437/src/stack_impl.cpp#L40

It seems like he is using the grapevine implementation for his needs and modified the original code to work with his coind - no doubt that there is some technical skill necessary here, but when you compare the rest of the files (stack.hpp for example) you'll find a lof of similarities which cannot be a coincidence - and everywhere copyright information is removed.

You can do that will almost all files in the repo, just click through the last commits, use some individual function calls for a github / google search and you'll see where the code came / comes from Wink

So you say the code is not good because there are parts copied?
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 08:56:20 PM

So you say the code is not good because there are parts copied?

Yes and no Smiley

If someone tells he invented/created everything and later you find out it was "just" copied code where copyright information was removed - what would you think ?

As mentioned before, he earns some kudos to implement/merge the stuff into his code, but it's no "reinvention of the wheel" and it's neither "excellent code" nor "excellent coding".

cryptonerd1

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:47:11 PM

Yes and no Smiley

If someone tells he invented/created everything and later you find out it was "just" copied code where copyright information was removed - what would you think ?

As mentioned before, he earns some kudos to implement/merge the stuff into his code, but it's no "reinvention of the wheel" and it's neither "excellent code" nor "excellent coding".

All of these blockchain based coins have to do the same thing. of course code is going to be similar.

You are looking at the wrong code.

You can't deny there is innovation happening within the Zerotime locking code, chainblender, and Zeroledger.

Also, this is not just some theories on whitepapers or vaporware. The guy actually got it all to work. and you can download it. now. today. and use it!
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 09:50:18 PM

Lol, stop hiding behind newbie accounts and shill for the coin Smiley

Picketwire

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:36:42 PM

Please look at the one month chart and point out where that could have happened.
hughbt

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:29:30 PM

Actually I have to admit that zeroslot is working great. If there were other games like dice that could be game changer for vcash. BTC gambling market is huge. I'm getting my popcorn ready to see what shit JC is going to pull.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: