Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:58:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PokerFace ?  (Read 928 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:09:23 PM

Actually I thought about starting a website where you can play live poker against other people online and you are forced to use a webcam to reveal your face to other players so it would feel a bi more like real life poker, but im sure it already exists even before I google for it..
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:11:12 AM

Actually I thought about starting a website where you can play live poker against other people online and you are forced to use a webcam to reveal your face to other players so it would feel a bi more like real life poker, but im sure it already exists even before I google for it..
There are some big poker sites with webcams and microphones but people aren't required to use one. So it's a good idea but I think it would be really hard to enforce it unless you had very active moderators and people who would report for blacking out the webcam screen etc.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:22:36 AM

Poker is very different online than in person. Same with other games like Blackjack. Most people don't realize but every hand is reshuffled in most occasions so people can't count cards.
DarkThrones

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

He can't read my poker face po po poker face. Really it's not your face as much as your neck or hands or something. Slap some glasses on and your face is basicslly unreadable.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 11:28:05 PM

Takes more knowledge of betting patterns to learn your opponent as that is the only variable you can get from an opponent online.
Whether online or live, your long term profits will come from being able to recognize your opponents play style, their betting patterns, their tendencies in different situations and then exploiting them while at the same time watching your own playstyle, betting patterns and tendencies so as to not get exploited yourself.

An opponent's physical demeanor may help in some cases, but focusing on the above is what will carry you to success in the long run whether you play online or live or both.
This is true. Regardless of whether you can read their faces or not, you can discern which actions to take if you are able to recognize their playstyle. However, against an erratic opponent who conforms to no principle, it's difficult and you must hope for luck on your side.

Obviously though, the more you play against a person, the more you start to form patterns on what they do, but it's the same both ways (so you must be careful in how you play)

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:30:21 PM

I think it doesn't matter, the most important in the game of poker is strategy and trick that he used. So that these factors do not determine victory or good luck of any player. The most important is skill, without the skill of it all won't mean anything
JasonXG (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:45:57 PM

Not sure the vast majority of poker players will like that but its nice as an option. Maybe some tournaments should have rules where you have to show your face so you know before hand and if you dont you will get kicked. There will need to be an admin watching maybe so it would only really appeal to high stakes and trusted members but I like your thinking.

I think it doesn't matter, the most important in the game of poker is strategy and trick that he used. So that these factors do not determine victory or good luck of any player. The most important is skill, without the skill of it all won't mean anything

I hear what you saying but that doesn't mean it plays no part at all. There is a reason they wear glasses and that cap thing though as someone else in the thread stated earlier. Bit you are right I think strategy and skill. But perhaps taking a poker face could then the tables.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: