Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did Bitcoin revolutionize the concept of money?
Yes, it is an entirely new form of money - 82 (78.1%)
No, there's nothing new conceptually - 23 (21.9%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next generation money  (Read 16582 times)
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 09:08:50 PM

Bitcoin is not far from it.
Though it needs more improvement yet it has a great chance to be one world currency or money in no time.

I can see too that bitcoin will be the next generation of money. Since we are already starting it and the price of it seems to be good already and many people are already using it. There's one more thing left that bitcoin should be furnished and good to go when the gov't started to realize that this will be one of the best investment and currency.

I think its far from reality. Bitcoin can be far from being a money but instead it can be a good means of transacting it in the near future. But the idea of having bitcoin as money is believed by many to happen but in my case its way too far and impossible.
No you do not understand the reality as the reality is that bitcoin is already a form of money and it is taking the place of money and will replace the fiat with itself on many places of the world financial system as it is already doing on online world. Like it have replaced paypal from a large number of companies on internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peter0425

Activity: 2618
Merit: 439

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:19:06 PM

Though it needs more improvement yet it has a great chance to be one world currency or money in no time.

I can see too that bitcoin will be the next generation of money. Since we are already starting it and the price of it seems to be good already and many people are already using it. There's one more thing left that bitcoin should be furnished and good to go when the gov't started to realize that this will be one of the best investment and currency.

I think its far from reality. Bitcoin can be far from being a money but instead it can be a good means of transacting it in the near future. But the idea of having bitcoin as money is believed by many to happen but in my case its way too far and impossible.
No you do not understand the reality as the reality is that bitcoin is already a form of money and it is taking the place of money and will replace the fiat with itself on many places of the world financial system as it is already doing on online world. Like it have replaced paypal from a large number of companies on internet.

I think bitcoin is not yet ready to replace fiat. But I would agree that the influence of bitcoin is undeniable. The digital currency of the possible future is much more financially and environmentally friendly.While it may not replace physical currency entirely, it could easily lead the way for an interesting hybrid arrangement where printed currency coexists peacefully with physical currency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:26:33 PM

I think bitcoin is not yet ready to replace fiat. But I would agree that the influence of bitcoin is undeniable. The digital currency of the possible future is much more financially and environmentally friendly.While it may not replace physical currency entirely, it could easily lead the way for an interesting hybrid arrangement where printed currency coexists peacefully with physical currency.

That's true that bitcoin is not ready for fiat replacement. yes, it appeared many programms in ordinary stores which allow to pay for goods with bitcoins directly, but I heard the fees are just grabby. That can't help to bitcoin to become mass adopted. This compaines who suggest such services and such fees just want to makew money and I understand that, but in fact bitcoin users just stay with basic form of bitcoin convertation through online exchangers and bitcoin stays unknown.
Devboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:51:10 PM

is not far from it.

I can see too that  will be the next generation of money. Since we are already starting it and the price of it seems to be good already and many people are already using it. There's one more thing left that  should be furnished and good to go when the gov't started to realize that this will be one of the best investment and currency.

I think its far from reality.  can be far from being a money but instead it can be a good means of transacting it in the near future. But the idea of having  as money is believed by many to happen but in my case its way too far and impossible.
No you do not understand the reality as the reality is that  is already a form of money and it is taking the place of money and will replace the fiat with itself on many places of the world financial system as it is already doing on online world. Like it have replaced paypal from a large number of companies on internet.

I think  is not yet ready to replace fiat. But I would agree that the influence of  is undeniable. The digital currency of the possible future is much more financially and environmentally friendly.While it may not replace physical currency entirely, it could easily lead the way for an interesting hybrid arrangement where printed currency coexists peacefully with physical currency.
Really Bitcoin such an asset the currency of the Internet, the influenced of bitcoin so big that's through it's the Next-Generation Digital Currency. But it's true yet have not required quality to replace fiat. It's could better if it remain to virtual currency. To replace fiat there need a dramatic change though there have some issue.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:22:11 PM

I think it is really the next generation of money,
We are in a generation where technology is part of our every day routine so I think it is really the next generation or the upgraded version of money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 07:43:15 PM

I think bitcoin is not yet ready to replace fiat. But I would agree that the influence of bitcoin is undeniable. The digital currency of the possible future is much more financially and environmentally friendly.While it may not replace physical currency entirely, it could easily lead the way for an interesting hybrid arrangement where printed currency coexists peacefully with physical currency

I'm curious what you might mean by "much more financially and environmentally friendly"

Care to explain? I particularly interested about the financial part since environmentally Bitcoin simply cannot be friendly in any way possible (remember paper money is made from cotton, not from trees). Unless we move to some other form of mining which doesn't require as much as energy (and consequently doesn't produce as much heat), the current system is completely unsustainable if Bitcoin is going to expand in the future. In other words, if it were on par with major currencies (in terms of transactions processed daily), it would likely require the amount of electricity produced by all power stations in the world which would make the oceans turn to deserts. I don't really know how that can be considered as "environmentally friendly"

ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:23:09 PM

You were right somehow i can't really say that bitcoin or crypto currency is the future of money. Things here are still on the experimental stage yet.  However good thing about it is that it is growing and evolving
as the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time and is there we can expected that nature   price of bitcoin will increase more and more from time to time. 
I agree with you, in addition, i think there is a big potential at altcoin cryptoworld. The total market cap of altcoin will increase logarithmically
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:03:37 PM

You were right somehow i can't really say that bitcoin or crypto currency is the future of money. Things here are still on the experimental stage yet.  However good thing about it is that it is growing and evolving
as the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time and is there we can expected that nature   price of bitcoin will increase more and more from time to time. 
I agree with you, in addition, i think there is a big potential at altcoin cryptoworld. The total market cap of altcoin will increase logarithmically

Ya it is true that  seeing that how many ICO and other types of altcoins are coming in the market and if everything goes same way then we can see lot of new coins, but even then only some of the altcoins are surviving and balance other coins are just pump and dump coins. So we can say that apart from bitcoin any one of the altcoin can come to some higher value in coming days
MissGrey

Activity: 201
Merit: 194

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:01:42 PM

Yes, I think that Bitcoin still it is an experiment in process, but even so I think that Bitcoin is a new concept of money, in fact based on this project now there are others projects interesting, meaning many people believe in this new concept.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 07:25:19 PM

Yes, I think that Bitcoin still it is an experiment in process, but even so I think that Bitcoin is a new concept of money, in fact based on this project now there are others projects interesting, meaning many people believe in this new concept.

I don't really think that we can still call Bitcoin an experiment

With so many billions of dollars invested, it seems to be too good to be called like that (it would be rather an expensive experiment, as to me). I guess we are already pretty well into "industrial" use of Bitcoin. This doesn't indeed mean that there cannot be further improvements (in fact, some of them are long due and overdue) but Bitcoin is pretty consistent and reliable by now to be put into "production mode" of operation, so to speak

Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:41:40 PM

With so many billions of dollars invested, it seems to be too good to be called like that (it would be rather an expensive experiment, as to me).
It doesn't matter how much money was spent on Bitcoin. There is no clear financial limit when you can say that something is no longer experiment because it is expensive.
We have multi billion dollar worth of tech used for experiments, for example: Large Hadron Collider. The completion of this project cost $10 billion to construct.
I don't even want to start with International Space Station worth hundreds of billion...
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 08:31:37 PM

With so many billions of dollars invested, it seems to be too good to be called like that (it would be rather an expensive experiment, as to me).
It doesn't matter how much money was spent on Bitcoin. There is no clear financial limit when you can say that something is no longer experiment because it is expensive.
We have multi billion dollar worth of tech used for experiments, for example: Large Hadron Collider. The completion of this project cost $10 billion to construct.
I don't even want to start with International Space Station worth hundreds of billion...

They were intentionally built for carrying out experiments

I guess this is not the same as being an experiment itself. For example, ITER costs a few dozen billion dollars (or euro) but it is conceived to be an experimental reactor right from the start. I guees Bitcoin is nowhere near that. My main argument is that it is already heavily used in "production", as it were. Thereby, it can no longer be considered as an experiment. It was an experiment when only a few folks with Satoshi had been testing it between themselves, but we are far from that already

darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:30:23 AM

Yes it is entirely new concept in the world of money. Bitcoin is so powerful that we can trade any amount of volume via its medium. This transaction is still safe and anonymous with no big fees and surcharges as that applied by your own bank. New generation would always want hassle free transaction which bitcoin is already providing. Bitcoin gives you freedom of time. No matter what you can transact any amount of money overseas, locally and personally. This is something sounds like new generation stuff and yes it is.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:05:19 PM

Yes it is entirely new concept in the world of money. Bitcoin is so powerful that we can trade any amount of volume via its medium. This transaction is still safe and anonymous with no big fees and surcharges as that applied by your own bank. New generation would always want hassle free transaction which bitcoin is already providing. Bitcoin gives you freedom of time. No matter what you can transact any amount of money overseas, locally and personally. This is something sounds like new generation stuff and yes it is.  Wink

I wouldn't say that Bitcoin offers hassle free transactions, especially right now. With the huge backlog of transactions and debate about block size, we are in fluid territory right now. But yes, Bitcoin does have potential.

quzai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:11:08 PM

Bitcoin, gold, etc. are market-based monies, whereas national currencies are centrally planned money.
Wa(t)ch_night()

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:06:00 PM

I wouldn't say that Bitcoin offers hassle free transactions, especially right now. With the huge backlog of transactions and debate about block size, we are in fluid territory right now. But yes, Bitcoin does have potential.

I agree with you, the problem of transactions is very urgent now. But I think that it will be resolved in the near future. Bitcoin is almost an ideal system and it is not possible to spoil the problem of transactions

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

Bitcoin is the new form money through internet where this can help us out to earn money with less work and hassle free by doing small job we can earn bitcoin/satoshi from internet. Very easy to do transaction what ever your location is this could be a new generation and new generation of money that will came up in the future of this world.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:54:58 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 09:24:07 AM by Fireblade

yes no doubt that bitcoin is still not in position to replace fiat, but i think the users of bitcoin continuously increasing which is making bitcoin more and more strong, so we can expect that in future the users of bitcoin will be present everywhere and they will be mostly using bitcoin not only for online shopping but even in physical shops they will be using  bitcoin for shopping and for so many other activities.
MioTaiHeo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:19:50 PM

yes no doubt that bitcoin is still not in position to replace fiat, but i think the users of bitcoin continously increasing which is making bitcon more and more strong, so we can expect such thing in future.

I also agree that bitcoin is not yet a substitute for Fiat. And in the future, too, it will not replace the national currency. Cryptocurrency has always been and will be an alternative currency. Fiat will remain forever
signature200

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:41:12 PM

Bitcoin is the new form money through internet where this can help us out to earn money with less work and hassle free by doing small job we can earn bitcoin/satoshi from internet. Very easy to do transaction what ever your location is this could be a new generation and new generation of money that will came up in the future of this world.
I don't see anything new except the fact that potentially there is a possibility of confidential use in calculations between people. But as soon as carried out conversion operations, and this advantage is lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: