Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did Bitcoin revolutionize the concept of money?
Yes, it is an entirely new form of money - 82 (78.1%)
No, there's nothing new conceptually - 23 (21.9%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next generation money  (Read 16582 times)
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:47:25 AM

The total majority of Bitcoin holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created through mining. With that said, I still don't think that Bitcoin did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here as well...

I have an idea what could be an entirely new form of money (actually, it is not my idea), but first I would like to hear from you, guys (and gals), what you think about the truly new money that is yet to be invented or implemented

Bitcoin may replace the paper money someday in the future. Many experts have been into study as to how it will be implemented. With the current trend it will not be possible since it will need the cooperation from the government. Bitcoin today is independent from government regulations. But if we want bitcoins to be a legal tender it must surrender itself to the laws, monitoring and policies of the government.
bitcoin will surely replace the paper money in the future,i think we will see some big increases in its price because of that,i hope that it will give us all some decent profit easily, though thats just my guess
Thinking that it will replace paper money is too ambitious in my opinion, paper money are designed by government and you need to get the support of the government first to regulate bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 07:39:48 AM

Guys please stop posting useless and spammy posts here, whether Bitcoin will replace paper money or not. There is a special thread for that sitting right next to this one...

Post there

Legasean

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:16:12 AM

The total majority of Bitcoin holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created through mining. With that said, I still don't think that Bitcoin did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here as well...

I have an idea what could be an entirely new form of money (actually, it is not my idea), but first I would like to hear from you, guys (and gals), what you think about the truly new money that is yet to be invented or implemented
Next generation money is not the generation that you think becasue i can help you out of your dreams the bitcoin wont be the future
money because the paper money will always the number one paying method in this world/.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 08:24:10 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 08:48:10 AM by deisik

Next generation money is not the generation that you think becasue i can help you out of your dreams the bitcoin wont be the future
money because the paper money will always the number one paying method in this world/.

Paper money has long ceased to be the number one paying method since the introduction of electronic payments in the 1960s, which I already mentioned just a few posts back. Obviously, you don't know what I think or what my "dreams" are about either. Because I made it pretty clear in the OP that Bitcoin doesn't cut it (as the nexgen money)...

Which you seem to have quoted without ever reading

praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:17:42 PM

Eventually everything is going to be digital even tho many people are going to be against it it is still going to happen.
I think that it is also going to be different per country because not every country is as advanced as the other.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:58:16 PM

Well, I think digital money will be the only next-generation money. I think bitcoin will not be in the shape of the coin again, but with the development of technology, bitcoin will be made easier than ever before. transactions will become easier with the development of technology and I think bitcoin will become the first choice for the development of
zeta1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:01:04 PM

A lot of government agencies are stil weary to adapt this method. And using it in a lot of webstores is still not possible.
Zaducis

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:22:06 PM

Well, I think digital money will be the only next-generation money. I think bitcoin will not be in the shape of the coin again, but with the development of technology, bitcoin will be made easier than ever before. transactions will become easier with the development of technology and I think bitcoin will become the first choice for the development of

The Chinese government is developing the digital Yuan. It will reduce the cost of issuing and managing money.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:48:48 PM

It's right that People who have faith in Bitcoin say that it's the next generation money. But it is still long time to implement. The concept of decentralization is not being supported by the banking corporations as they won't be able to make profit. But if people realize that Bitcoins are digital money and more reliable then paper money will slowly move out of our daily use.
Zaducis

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 07:53:21 AM

It's right that People who have faith in Bitcoin say that it's the next generation money. But it is still long time to implement. The concept of decentralization is not being supported by the banking corporations as they won't be able to make profit. But if people realize that Bitcoins are digital money and more reliable then paper money will slowly move out of our daily use.

At the moment, the infrastructure for the bitcoin is not built completely. The bitcoin transaction is still slow.

praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:30:58 AM

They rare going to make a new form of money in the future and I believe that everything is going to be digital which is both positive and negative at the same time.
I hope that they are not going to rush things because I do not think we are ready for such a big change.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:03:10 AM

The Chinese government is developing the digital Yuan. It will reduce the cost of issuing and managing money.

It's sounds good though. I mean, every year our life is always upgrade into digital era. Digital money should be suit with that and bitcoin sounds good to fill it.
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:53:32 AM

Bitcoin may replace the paper money someday in the future. Many experts have been into study as to how it will be implemented. With the current trend it will not be possible since it will need the cooperation from the government. Bitcoin today is independent from government regulations. But if we want bitcoins to be a legal tender it must surrender itself to the laws, monitoring and policies of the government.
bitcoin will surely replace the paper money in the future,i think we will see some big increases in its price because of that,i hope that it will give us all some decent profit easily, though thats just my guess

I think it is will replace fiat easily as people like to adopt and use their own local fiat for the purchase and other use in their areas and in their local market, with that they will not have to pay any fee of transactions and they can pay instantly without logging in to any account.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:01:57 AM

They rare going to make a new form of money in the future and I believe that everything is going to be digital which is both positive and negative at the same time.
I hope that they are not going to rush things because I do not think we are ready for such a big change.

I think this blockchain technology is the starting point and with the advent of bitcoin, shall we say 20 years from now or less more improvement on the system and more bugs is fixed and more problems is addressed. Its a good start, slowly but surely we are getting there into the future. Smiley

Open for Campaigns
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:11:52 AM

I think cryptocurrency is never be the same like gold.
Gold is the true money ever.
And bitcoin...
What if the satellites is broke, and the internet is down?

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:50:43 PM

In the realm of money and finance, these elements interact in very interesting ways.  E.g. it's the same illegal transactions that provide demand for Bitcoin, which in turn give confidence to Chinese savers today for using Bitcoin to get around their government's capital controls and get out of the yuan

Why go only halfway? Heroin trafficking from Asia to Europe doesn't let children die from hunger in Afghanistan, so why not legitimize it?

Or do children in Afghanistan not deserve to live?

These are separate issues and separate discussions.  Mixing the merits of a monetary system with crime-fighting is a recipe for myopia.
Every type of technology has some advantages and disadvantages and we cannot neglect something only because of some bad aspects.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Sanguintan

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 02:06:32 PM

Ethereum could be a good next generation money. Like bitcoin, it can be used as a currency. It can also be used for smart contract.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 02:20:24 PM

Ethereum could be a good next generation money. Like bitcoin, it can be used as a currency. It can also be used for smart contract.

And what are its advantages before Bitcoin as a currency?

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:13:40 AM

I think this blockchain technology is the starting point and with the advent of bitcoin, shall we say 20 years from now or less more improvement on the system and more bugs is fixed and more problems is addressed. Its a good start, slowly but surely we are getting there into the future. Smiley

With almost all transactions being digital then bitcoin may be the next generation money. With the advancement of technology and the bitcoin gaining popularity then people may opt to use digital money in the future since fiat currency is losing its value. For now, there are still so many people not aware of it but as time pass by, maybe a major event that will happen and made bitcoin popular even for those people that are not into technology and just stick to the old ways and it may convince them to use bitcoin then may be change has really come during this time.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

With almost all transactions being digital then bitcoin may be the next generation money. With the advancement of technology and the bitcoin gaining popularity then people may opt to use digital money in the future since fiat currency is losing its value. For now, there are still so many people not aware of it but as time pass by, maybe a major event that will happen and made bitcoin popular even for those people that are not into technology and just stick to the old ways and it may convince them to use bitcoin then may be change has really come during this time.

Unlike Bitcoin, fiat can also be used in offline transactions (as paper money and specie). This is a great advantage, and unless Bitcoin somehow solves this "last mile problem", it will continue to remain inferior to fiat (in this respect). And even the theoretical possibility of resolving this issue is vague...

Since it would contradict the very concept of blockchain (I mean offline transactions)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: