Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did Bitcoin revolutionize the concept of money?
Yes, it is an entirely new form of money - 82 (78.1%)
No, there's nothing new conceptually - 23 (21.9%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next generation money  (Read 16582 times)
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:36:05 PM

In my opinion as a user of bitcoin for several years I think bitcoin and generally the crypto-currencies are a new form of money. As we are in the era of tech development and innovations a revolution in the financial system was somehow needed as well. You know that in many SF space movies the main currency between planets or so ever.. are the so called "credits". We can relate bitcoin to that and the blockchain is a trully revolutionar system and has so many applicabilities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:27:36 PM

For what everyone want, bitcoin is working best in that way and one day we will see that bitcoin is taking over the world. The next generation has already started and bitcoin is the money for that generation. I can see all the things which will be beneficial for the next generation and will complete all the requirements of that generation.

Bitcoin would be the option for the upcoming generation people. Already most of the countries making their country as digital transaction country. So i hope bitcoin will be centralized money in next 10 years in most of the countries.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:29:20 PM

I would say next generation of money will be "cashless" money. Under this rationale bitcoin and some other cryptocoins will be the future money. Of course will be a transitional period. This is referred as cashless money. In this period the plastic money i.e credit/debit cards as well as web banking will monopolize the world. It is not excluded a small amount in banknotes in circulation until people fully acquainted with this monetary system. When conditions permit, and people have forgotten the money as something they can grab with their hands and feel it only as value digital currencies will dominate. Centralized/Decentralized ledgers and any kind of currencies will circulate so as people to choose anything is handy for their needs. The latter I call it after next generation of money.
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:45:48 AM

For what everyone want, bitcoin is working best in that way and one day we will see that bitcoin is taking over the world. The next generation has already started and bitcoin is the money for that generation. I can see all the things which will be beneficial for the next generation and will complete all the requirements of that generation.

Bitcoin would be the option for the upcoming generation people. Already most of the countries making their country as digital transaction country. So i hope bitcoin will be centralized money in next 10 years in most of the countries.
Yeah, bitcoin is really apropriate for the future becouse most of people are loves to make the transaction virtualy. Bitcoin is so easy and practicaly to use. I think bitcoin could be the next generation of money.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
crockoo

Activity: 262

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:27:15 AM

Yeah, bitcoin is really apropriate for the future becouse most of people are loves to make the transaction virtualy. Bitcoin is so easy and practicaly to use. I think bitcoin could be the next generation of money.

I agree that Bitcoin is conceptually different from the currency and payment systems that existed prior to its introduction. But I think that he will not be able to replace the Fiat. The main reason for this - it is the government's reluctance to accept Bitcoin
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:11:16 PM

in fact the new generation is interested in online business as well as shopping therefore bitcoin is the best option for such people they will use bitcoin for shopping and trading purposes without converting it in to fiat currency.
PanZerrr

Activity: 243

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:49:47 PM

in fact the new generation is interested in online business as well as shopping therefore bitcoin is the best option for such people they will use bitcoin for shopping and trading purposes without converting it in to fiat currency.

Yes, you are right, Bitcoin penetrates into all spheres of human life. And the time comes, it will be next to the dollar and take an equally important role
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:13:24 PM

I would hate to see a generation being classified as interested in "shopping". We are consumerist, no doubt, but not any more than the previous generations. Online businesses have seen strong growth and if they adopt Bitcoin, we could see its usage explode.

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:58:36 PM

My idea is nothing new, but it would be the ultimate form of decentralized hard money ever possible. What is the most precious thing which could potentially work as money? It is time itself, and not some abstract time (e.g. as the time span between two dates), but how much is left for you to live. This idea is basically what the plot of the In Time movie evolves around. You can get the concept from the Wiki article if you feel interested. I guess that would be a sort of absolute money having absolute value...

Live forever or die trying

Ohh, it is "TIME"
The most valuable thing in the world as based of lifetime.
Anything won't be precious if we will die tomorrow obviously, laying down on the bed in hospital, waiting....
Too many to describe why time is so valuable.
But, I can't imagine how it gonna works in order to achieve a purpose or result,
I think that only happenedd in the movie and won't be next generation of money as we can't change Nature's law.
So, bitcoin still the number one of new generation as medium of exchange.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 01:52:54 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 02:38:31 PM by deisik

My idea is nothing new, but it would be the ultimate form of decentralized hard money ever possible. What is the most precious thing which could potentially work as money? It is time itself, and not some abstract time (e.g. as the time span between two dates), but how much is left for you to live. This idea is basically what the plot of the In Time movie evolves around. You can get the concept from the Wiki article if you feel interested. I guess that would be a sort of absolute money having absolute value...

Live forever or die trying

Ohh, it is "TIME"
The most valuable thing in the world as based of lifetime.
Anything won't be precious if we will die tomorrow obviously, laying down on the bed in hospital, waiting....
Too many to describe why time is so valuable.
But, I can't imagine how it gonna works in order to achieve a purpose or result,

To tell the truth, I don't know it either

That's one of the reasons why I started this thread, that someone will get interested in the idea and give a hint or two how it could be turned into reality or at least what should be required for that. Ironically, it seems that the inflation of money based on time would be welcomed by almost everyone simply because it would basically mean they have more time left to enjoy their life

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:19:42 PM

Yes bitcoin is entirely new form of money since it is virtual and also it is more advance than the traditional money that we are using. In bitcoin it offers great security that you don't need to expose your identity to just execute transactions between you and the other person. Bitcoin also offer lower fees which is quite convenient for an average person.
raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

No i dont think bitcoin will totally rule over the world .it will be totally different and its limitations will be more than 21 million .all the government will jointly accept and i am sure that it will not be bitcoins at all.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Sanguintan

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:21:13 AM

No i dont think bitcoin will totally rule over the world .it will be totally different and its limitations will be more than 21 million .all the government will jointly accept and i am sure that it will not be bitcoins at all.

It will just take some time for the bitcoin to be the most popular currency.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:27:24 AM

It will just take some time for the bitcoin to be the most popular currency.
There are many steps ahead and Bitcoin has to wait in order to be adopted. Many Bitcoin investors, such as me, believe in the future where Bitcoin is the main currency and that visionary is more precise after every year.
grandy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:01:36 PM

i think still it need a good time rule over the world. actually bitcoin is not yes so much popular in all over the world, it will take a long time when all the people of the world  will starting using bitcoin and they will give priority to bitcoin over fiat currency.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:17:17 PM

we have to admit the fact that the next generation is interested in online buying and selling therefor their best choice will be bitcoin, because bitcoin is fulfilling their all requirement for online shopping and other other online affairs. so we can say that bitcoin is the future currency of new generation.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:09:40 PM

i think still it need a good time rule over the world. actually bitcoin is not yes so much popular in all over the world, it will take a long time when all the people of the world  will starting using bitcoin and they will give priority to bitcoin over fiat currency.
But we cannot ignore people's capability on how quickly they will learn new things ?

You or your father is sending mails through postal like some 20 years back people were doing ? After mobile communication got introduced the importance of postal has gone.

I have already started giving priority to bitcoin over fiat. And I do see many people are doing similar things. So the possibility of having a next generation money has already started.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:10:05 PM

After all these years since the emergence of the bitcoin, the possibility of a massive adoption seems to be more and more distant given the bad prestige that this coin has received. However I do believe that bitcoin will be the basis on which the next generation of money will be founded.
Sanguintan

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:52:38 AM

After all these years since the emergence of the bitcoin, the possibility of a massive adoption seems to be more and more distant given the bad prestige that this coin has received. However I do believe that bitcoin will be the basis on which the next generation of money will be founded.

I know more people are having the bitcoin.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:53:39 AM

I know more people are having the bitcoin.
When you are believing into next generation money then hold bitcoin will be the right choice. Now bitcoin is trading $1200 levels which means it is getting more popularity so that it will get mass adoption hence it will surely become next generation money for sure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: