Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did Bitcoin revolutionize the concept of money?
Yes, it is an entirely new form of money - 82 (78.1%)
No, there's nothing new conceptually - 23 (21.9%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next generation money  (Read 16582 times)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:03:58 AM

Yes bitcoin is entirely new form of money since it is virtual and also it is more advance than the traditional money that we are using. In bitcoin it offers great security that you don't need to expose your identity to just execute transactions between you and the other person. Bitcoin also offer lower fees which is quite convenient for an average person.
Yeah exactly I agree with your point of view. That’s true that bitcoin has revolutionized the concept of money and way of trading through this is convenient and low fees but it issecure according to trading point of view. The secure way of trading and its payment is its best feature for security point of view and in near future I think it take a great revolution in concept of tradition money.

Now bitcoin is trading $1200 levels which means it is getting more popularity so that it will get mass adoption hence it will surely become next generation money for sure.
Usually a thing will gets its value due to popularity and bitcoin is finding its popularity to gain more value. Like this there are many other characteristics also makes bitcoins to fit as a next generation (medium of exchange) money.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:34:25 PM

The total majority of Bitcoin holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created. With that said, I still don't think that Bitcoin did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here also...

I have an idea what could be an entirely new form of money (actually, it is not my idea), but first I would like to hear from you, guys, what you think about the truly new money that is yet to be invented or implemented

I think that the real money is the ones that are decentralized. Over the years people have been going back and forth between good money(money that is not controlled by government) and fiat currencies.

And bitcoin in my opinion is the next gen good money. Just like gold.

But the reality happening now and the situation was that bitcoin so far is not directly considered as real currency. It is still called as the virtual currency. But I do believed in the future bitcoin can be like gold as well or it can surpass the gold it too. Besides, where in the progress and process of becoming a new world currency.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:18:47 PM

The total majority of  holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created. With that said, I still don't think that  did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here also...

I have an idea what could be an entirely new form of money (actually, it is not my idea), but first I would like to hear from you, guys, what you think about the truly new money that is yet to be invented or implemented

I think that the real money is the ones that are decentralized. Over the years people have been going back and forth between good money(money that is not controlled by government) and fiat currencies.

And  in my opinion is the next gen good money. Just like gold.

But the reality happening now and the situation was that  so far is not directly considered as real currency. It is still called as the virtual currency. But I do believed in the future  can be like gold as well or it can surpass the gold it too. Besides, where in the progress and process of becoming a new world currency.
Bitcoin is a complete revolution to the new era. I believe that time is not far when people will start preferring bit-coins in stock market instead of any other currency. Bitcoins will become a currency for some countries and it will entirely change the concept of trading and investing money. Business trends will be changed and earning lifestyle of people will change. No doubt at the current moment it is considered to be a virtual currency but after few years from now things will change, therefore I consider bitcoins to be the next generation currency.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:26:36 PM

The total majority of  holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created. With that said, I still don't think that  did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here also...

But the reality happening now and the situation was that  so far is not directly considered as real currency. It is still called as the virtual currency. But I do believed in the future  can be like gold as well or it can surpass the gold it too. Besides, where in the progress and process of becoming a new world currency.
Bitcoin is a complete revolution to the new era. I believe that time is not far when people will start preferring bit-coins in stock market instead of any other currency. Bitcoins will become a currency for some countries and it will entirely change the concept of trading and investing money. Business trends will be changed and earning lifestyle of people will change. No doubt at the current moment it is considered to be a virtual currency but after few years from now things will change, therefore I consider bitcoins to be the next generation currency.
Theres a possibility on the thing might happen on the long run but these thing would really be hard to implement since we all know government wont really recognize this one infact they would create their own e-currency which means bitcoin cant be used or being adopted.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:57:21 PM

as the new generation is now giving more preference to online shopping and they are even investing their money in online business like gambling sites and so many other business therefore i think they are giving preference to bitcoin.
genny2kuk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

It Can Only Get Better

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:25:13 PM

The total majority of Bitcoin holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created through mining. With that said, I still don't think that Bitcoin did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here as well...

I have an idea what could be an entirely new form of money (actually, it is not my idea), but first I would like to hear from you, guys (and gals), what you think about the truly new money that is yet to be invented or implemented

Gold and silver are the true money that have stood the test of time. Whatever you're introducing should have their attributes, or else eventually fade away

Content Writing Service: Let's Craft Engaging Crypto Articles For You. 
 We create high quality & SEO Optimized Web Contents. Content Types include Article rewrites, Regular blog posts, Reviews & Copywriting services.
 Send me PM if in need of our services.
DD-Lex

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:14:22 PM

The total majority of Bitcoin holders think of their favorite toy as the next step in the evolution of money (less so for active users). I don't deny the technological innovation in respect to the blockchain and the decentralized nature of how new money is created through mining. With that said, I still don't think that Bitcoin did actually revolutionize the concept of money itself. Gold as money existed long before fiat, and it was "created" in a decentralized way too, so nothing particularly new here as well...

I have an idea what could be an entirely new form of money (actually, it is not my idea), but first I would like to hear from you, guys (and gals), what you think about the truly new money that is yet to be invented or implemented

Gold and silver are the true money that have stood the test of time. Whatever you're introducing should have their attributes, or else eventually fade away
Here I completely agree with you. Valuable metals always had their price and even fought for it with each other. These are material riches and they can be touched by hands, unlike bitcoins.
ChineTownMan

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:39:43 PM

Here I completely agree with you. Valuable metals always had their price and even fought for it with each other. These are material riches and they can be touched by hands, unlike bitcoins.

I agree with you. These material things will always be in demand. They are loved by people. But, bitcoin has many advantages. If people understand this, then perhaps the crypto currency will become the new currency of the world
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:47:36 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 11:47:38 AM by delliaerd

After all these years since the emergence of the bitcoin, the possibility of a massive adoption seems to be more and more distant given the bad prestige that this coin has received. However I do believe that bitcoin will be the basis on which the next generation of money will be founded.

I know more people are having the bitcoin.
many reasons why bitcoin will get more users and likely to be the next generation of money. along with the times, life becomes more convenient and practical. so also should we get when using the money, if we use bitcoin then it will not harm us when going out of the house, we do not need to carry a wallet and cover it with a small bag. if we only carry a wallet course it will harm us,  as prone to become victims of crime. the transaction also must be careful as likely to fall, forget to put, or missing. bitcoin will keep us from such problems.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:08:02 AM

After all these years since the emergence of the bitcoin, the possibility of a massive adoption seems to be more and more distant given the bad prestige that this coin has received. However I do believe that bitcoin will be the basis on which the next generation of money will be founded.

I know more people are having the bitcoin.
many reasons why bitcoin will get more users and likely to be the next generation of money. along with the times, life becomes more convenient and practical. so also should we get when using the money, if we use bitcoin then it will not harm us when going out of the house, we do not need to carry a wallet and cover it with a small bag. if we only carry a wallet course it will harm us. the transaction also must be careful as likely to fall, forget to put, or missing. bitcoin will keep us from such problems.
And what's the new concept? How is this different from the existing system of plastic cards? Nothing. Bitcoin is a currency just like all the other limited in its use due to the lack of cash.
Antoshka

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:52:34 PM

as the new generation is now giving more preference to online shopping and they are even investing their money in online business like gambling sites and so many other business therefore i think they are giving preference to bitcoin.

Yes, I agree with you, bitcoin is a coin of the future. Simplicity of its use allows us to be a bank for ourselves. I believe that bitcoin is the currency of the future generation
alexey199773

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:06:07 AM

Crypto currency The bitcoin is a revolution in the world of money that will turn the world around. Although now it is only gaining momentum, but far-sighted investors can invest in it now and earn money on the exchange rate Bitcoin.
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:43:09 AM

Crypto currency The bitcoin is a revolution in the world of money that will turn the world around. Although now it is only gaining momentum, but far-sighted investors can invest in it now and earn money on the exchange rate Bitcoin.
It is no doubt that Bitcoin will be the new world currency. However, I do not expect that the process will finish in this year since there are still many issues which have not been solved yet. Bitcoin is good, but it is not good enough to replace FIAT, which has existed on this planet for many years. Anyhow, I still believe that Bitcoin was created for the good purposes. Bitcoin will rule the world
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:48:55 AM

It is no doubt that Bitcoin will be the new world currency. However, I do not expect that the process will finish in this year since there are still many issues which have not been solved yet. Bitcoin is good, but it is not good enough to replace FIAT, which has existed on this planet for many years. Anyhow, I still believe that Bitcoin was created for the good purposes. Bitcoin will rule the world

Not just coin for the future but the new digital gold. It is just too bad that the EFT got rejected, however, it has still a bright future ahead. Just to think that if ETF has been approved, a lot of cash will flow on the bitcoin ecosystem. But I guess we have to wait again. It will be the next generation of money but will not replace fiat. They can co exist with each other and we will take advantage of both in terms of its usage in an online payment transaction or system.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:13:25 AM

Not just coin for the future but the new digital gold. It is just too bad that the EFT got rejected, however, it has still a bright future ahead. Just to think that if ETF has been approved, a lot of cash will flow on the bitcoin ecosystem. But I guess we have to wait again. It will be the next generation of money but will not replace fiat.

the ETF approval would have killed bitcoin with more centralization policies, so imo i think the rejection saved our cryptocurrency from that. For gold to get where is it today it took alot of time
and if bitcoin is to be considered the dital gold we need it to naturally grow and get accepted by the people

They can co exist with each other and we will take advantage of both in terms of its usage in an online payment transaction or system.
Which ever choice of next gen money we choose am confident that it will co exist with fiat to make trade easy and fast to use. Fortunately BITCOIN seems to fit in well to be the next gen currency/money.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 11:46:29 AM

Not just coin for the future but the new digital gold. It is just too bad that the EFT got rejected, however, it has still a bright future ahead. Just to think that if ETF has been approved, a lot of cash will flow on the bitcoin ecosystem. But I guess we have to wait again. It will be the next generation of money but will not replace fiat. They can co exist with each other and we will take advantage of both in terms of its usage in an online payment transaction or system

I'm curious what makes you (and other people) think so

Why would there be a lot of cash flowing into Bitcoin if the Winklevoss ETF had been allowed? Note that I don't doubt that the Bitcoin price would rise steeply (even if only temporarily), but not because of new money entering Bitcoin via this fund but likely thanks to hype and mass hysteria that would have arisen should the ETF have been approved. It seems that many folks here are dreaming that the Bitcoin ETF would be kind of a cash cow which they could milk. These folks are obviously wet dreaming. Investors that are interested in Bitcoin can invest in Bitcoin directly without intermediaries like ETF's and their likes (and they likely already invested if found it profitable). Institutional investors (like hedge and pension funds) would most certainly continue to stay away from Bitcoin whether such ETF's were allowed or not

HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:08:30 PM

It is really hard to tell whether crypto currency will turn the wolrd around but it is indeed a revolution when we think about the concept of valuation and with time more people would be interested in investing in it and with every investment people will be looking to make profit and so is the case here as more people see bitcoin as an asset as well as electronic cash.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:18:39 PM

It is really hard to tell whether crypto currency will turn the wolrd around but it is indeed a revolution when we think about the concept of valuation and with time more people would be interested in investing in it and with every investment people will be looking to make profit and so is the case here as more people see bitcoin as an asset as well as electronic cash.
I am sure that soon all currencies will move in a cashless form. Against this background, the bitcoin may be able to find a niche, but I think he will be able to collect for the users is not a stable currency. I wonder if it will survive the third world economies?
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:02:05 AM

In no way bitcoin can replace the fiat currency. Bitcoin will remain as a currency online just like this moment. Though many shops will accept bitcoins in exchange for their goods and other sectors of society will now accept bitcoin as a mode of payment  but bitcoin will remain the same. Its value will still depend on fiat currency. And without the fiat currency bitcoin will be again valueless. Removing fiat currency will not be allowed by the government thus bitcoin acceptance is only as a form of payment and not as a replacement of fiat currency.
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1115

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:11:54 AM

I am sure that soon all currencies will move in a cashless form. Against this background, the bitcoin may be able to find a niche, but I think he will be able to collect for the users is not a stable currency. I wonder if it will survive the third world economies?

It will be, if this world will still be stable.
The need to upgrade the technology of every country should happen first before making bitcoin as a currency for everyone. An when will that happen? Will this Earth be sustaining that kind of world? It will need a lot of power.
I think it can be done in some countries but there will be some who cant. Cash was made so we can make our transactions lighter, faster and convenient to all. Bitcoin can do that but with a big change.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄