Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to show current balance on the website using PHP?  (Read 3571 times)
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 11:54:44 PM

I would like to display my current account balance on my website (kind of like: So far X amount of BTC has been donated, where X obviously shows the balance of an address) using PHP, but I want to extract this from a Bitcoin wallet residing on a different machine than the web-server. Is it possible and if so, what's the easiest way to do this? Also, is it possible to show the overall state of my entire wallet using PHP, but again connecting to a remote machine (I know this is not a smart thing to do, but just curious)?

My problem is I have no way of installing Bitcoin application on my hosting account, so I need to extract this info from my own bitcoin application residing on my PC. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 20, 2011, 12:39:11 AM

You could use BBE's getreceivedbyaddress: http://blockexplorer.com/q/getreceivedbyaddress/$address
semyazza

Activity: 339

View Profile
January 20, 2011, 10:43:29 PM

1)SSH tunnel from your hosting account, run the bitcoin balance command, parse and display.

2)Another way would be to set up a simple http server that supports cgi on the home computer and write a simple script to pull data from the client and display it.

3)Simple script that gets information from bitcoin client and then uploads a text file to your hosting server with the updated information.
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
January 20, 2011, 11:09:19 PM

1)SSH tunnel from your hosting account, run the bitcoin balance command, parse and display.

2)Another way would be to set up a simple http server that supports cgi on the home computer and write a simple script to pull data from the client and display it.

3)Simple script that gets information from bitcoin client and then uploads a text file to your hosting server with the updated information.

Thanks for taking the effort to write this - it will definitely help me!
TheBarMan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

DEGEN Future Traders

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:36:39 PM

Hi, im taking this info for my future website.

i don know yet how add this to a mark list. just to the watchlist but nothing like markers or something like that.

this message is for help me to find it.
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 07:46:00 PM

i don know yet how add this to a mark list. just to the watchlist but nothing like markers or something like that.

You could press 'Watch' at the bottom to save it to your watchlist which is available in the top left of the website (just under your username)
TheBarMan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

DEGEN Future Traders

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 08:04:32 PM

You could press 'Watch' at the bottom to save it to your watchlist which is available in the top left of the website (just under your username)

hi, i did it, but if any one put a Reply the list appears empty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: