Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website for 1 BTC  (Read 1292 times)
tkbx (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:25:43 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2013, 12:18:53 PM by tkbx

I've been doing web design for fun since I was 7, and I think it's time to try to sell my skills  Grin

I'm willing to create a full website, with HTML/CSS, JavaScript/jQuery, and PHP, for only 1 bitcoin. If you're interested, please PM me. We can work out exactly how it will go, but I'll create the entire thing and give you a preview of it before you pay.

If you're interested, I can also do some graphic design and general photoshopping, Python programming for automation or anything else, basic audio editing (stitching/separating files, removing pauses in speech, etc), and nearly anything else you might want. I'm very flexible price wise.

Here's an example, a design I did for bitpools.com by Elwar

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:27:07 PM

I want a complete Facebook clone.

PM me when the work is ready so I can send you 1 BTC.
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:28:05 PM

ha
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:29:22 PM

You should provide a full sample Wink Build a full website with Dreamweaver to show off

ha

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:31:32 PM

You should provide a full sample Wink Build a full website with Dreamweaver to show off

ha

Certainly couldn't hurt. I don't use dreamweaver, but a full site would be a more appealing sample.
Xqisit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:14:34 PM

Build a full website with Dreamweaver to show off

Just because it uses Dreamweaver doesn't make it impressive...infact i'm generally quite wary of someone who calls themself a webdesigner and uses Dreamweaver...
shkiser

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

I AM INTERESTED!

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:35:58 PM

Here's another quick design

It doesn't look so good when you don't see it full size, so here's a link to the image itself as well:

http://s1.postimage.org/n4vm8wq6n/Logo_Photo.png
alir

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:46:57 PM

I see a couple different fonts, an image, and a rectangle with drop shadow.

Try working on a design for more than 5min chief.
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:54:27 PM

In a minimalist design like this, that's all you really want. It's better to have a few, clean-looking elements that do what you need them to than a Drudge Report-esque pile of ugly lines and such.
Are their any other types of designs you'd like to see, or that you think would be appealing?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 04:10:55 PM

Just a quick note to say that OP does good work. He just finished my page and it looks better than I had envisioned in my mind.

I will post a link to the page when I get home and can put the files on my server.

He was able to do the front end, GUI, work while I am still working on the back end dynamic content portion of the page. He was able to do the creative visual stuff that I have neither the talent nor the experience to make work.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:15:24 AM

Just a quick note to say that OP does good work. He just finished my page and it looks better than I had envisioned in my mind.

I will post a link to the page when I get home and can put the files on my server.

He was able to do the front end, GUI, work while I am still working on the back end dynamic content portion of the page. He was able to do the creative visual stuff that I have neither the talent nor the experience to make work.
Only 1 BTC?

tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:32:24 AM

Only 1 BTC?

I was debating myself on this for a while, because I could probably get more, and charging a low price sort of portrays the image of poor quality, but I figure if people end up seeing my work and liking it, they'll be more than willing to hire me. Plus, I can't complain making over $10/hour at 15, doing something I like Cheesy
alir

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:36:11 AM

In a minimalist design like this, that's all you really want. It's better to have a few, clean-looking elements that do what you need them to than a Drudge Report-esque pile of ugly lines and such.
Are their any other types of designs you'd like to see, or that you think would be appealing?

I'm sorry but you can't just overlook critical design aspects and then call it "minimalist".
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:44:45 AM

I'm sorry but you can't just overlook critical design aspects and then call it "minimalist".

What "critical design aspects"? People are used to seeing a cluttered grid of unnecessary things. Look at any website, and it could be easily rearranged into something like this, with very few elements. It would look much better, be easier to use, and load faster.

Can you tell me exactly what that design is missing, and why what's "missing" needs to be there?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

Update:

I got the web site files on my host.  http://www.bitpools.com/index.html

The 1 BTC was well worth giving me a jumping off point and the look is better than what I had spent a day or so working on myself that could be better spent on the back end stuff.

Note, the BitPools site is very much in alpha stage at this point.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

I might recruit you for a site I have in the works...
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:47:02 PM

Good god, what is this?

Turquoise font on pale blue background.

Login data sent via http as plaintext.

Internal image links are broken.

Banner and Navigation elements are defined on every page instead of pulled from a central repository. A supporting nightmare.

No content management in place for front page content boxes. Everything has to be built manually. Supporting nightmare.

Dont' even get me started on the table background colour choice.

This is website design circa 1999.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:57:03 PM

Good god, what is this?

Banner and Navigation elements are defined on every page instead of pulled from a central repository. A supporting nightmare.

No content management in place for front page content boxes. Everything has to be built manually. Supporting nightmare.

And yet, not so surprisingly, still better than I would do with regards to design.   Cheesy
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:36:34 PM

Good god, what is this?

The font and table are arguably bad design. The rest of the problems you describe are because the site, as you apparently haven't noticed, isn't actually running yet.  No login data whatsoever is sent, the image was removed or doesn't have correct permissions (not sure which), and content management is likely going to be added later.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

All true, but in any design prototype worth it's salt you'd already have appropriate placeholders in there instead of going "Here's what it's gonna look like, now we're gonna need to go and scrap all of that again to do it for real."

As I said prototyping circa 1999.
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 08:04:10 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 12:03:46 PM by tkbx

All true, but in any design prototype worth it's salt you'd already have appropriate placeholders in there instead of going "Here's what it's gonna look like, now we're gonna need to go and scrap all of that again to do it for real."

As I said prototyping circa 1999.

You said "web design circa 1999". If your only problem with the actual design is the color (and these specific colors were requested, as was the layout), then your problem isn't with the design.

It will not have to be made from scratch, some PHP would be added to the current files, and they would be renamed with a ".php" extension. Considering the going rates for websites, BTC1 is pretty good for a template, even if it were horrible.
alir

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:41:42 PM

What "critical design aspects"? People are used to seeing a cluttered grid of unnecessary things. Look at any website, and it could be easily rearranged into something like this, with very few elements. It would look much better, be easier to use, and load faster.

Can you tell me exactly what that design is missing, and why what's "missing" needs to be there?
I can't tell you what it's missing because I don't know what you were trying to design and I usually charge for that anyways ;)

I can tell you what you overlooked. For some reason you've settled on a whopping 30px padding throughout but despite all that space, the content still looks squished together. To fix that eyesore rather than add space around the content, increase the font-size, line, and letter spacing to improve readability.

While you're at it, ditch the drop shadow. You've done an awful job of implementing it because it exceeds your content width and doesn't blend in well. Frankly it would look more "minimal" without it, but that's what you're shooting for, right? The header is also abnormally sized at 108px tall, it may just be 2px off (or 8) but it's picking up on the small things that make a good designer.
tkbx (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:59:29 PM

I can't tell you what it's missing because I don't know what you were trying to design and I usually charge for that anyways Wink

I can tell you what you overlooked. For some reason you've settled on a whopping 30px padding throughout but despite all that space, the content still looks squished together. To fix that eyesore rather than add space around the content, increase the font-size, line, and letter spacing to improve readability.

While you're at it, ditch the drop shadow. You've done an awful job of implementing it because it exceeds your content width and doesn't blend in well. Frankly it would look more "minimal" without it, but that's what you're shooting for, right? The header is also abnormally sized at 108px tall, it may just be 2px off (or Cool but it's picking up on the small things that make a good designer.

Thanks, I didn't save the layers, but I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: