Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSDN vs. Retail Keys  (Read 699 times)
brendongl (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:44:05 PM

Hello,

I would like to know if there is such a thing as a retail key for Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus.
Doing some research i have found these are only available through volume licensing and businesses.
I have met someone who believes that you can get retail Office Pro "Plus" keys which are different from MSDN keys.
Can someone please explain this a bit for me?

Thank you!
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 03:16:16 PM

MSDN keys technically belong to someone else. They are part of an MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) Subscription that guarantees the subscriber access to all Microsoft products for development purposes only. Transferring MSDN keys is against the ToS and if found doing so, those keys will be revoked (so you will have wasted your money) and the subscriber banned.

A retail key is just that, one that you personally bought from a retailer. You own that license.

brendongl (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:11:04 AM

If someone uses a MSDN Key, and installs Office and everything is ok. And one week later, the license gets revoked, does the office become invalid straight away??
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:33:24 AM

Not sure but both may need KMS activation.
I suggest just using what ever works then run a KMS local server.
You can run the server once per year.

This may be outdated but search for "Office 2010 Toolkit and EZ-Activator."
https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/18746-Office-2010-Toolkit-and-EZ-Activator
(need to be logged in to see it there)
If that is outdated then login and look around you will find something newer / better for sure.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: