Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain for private data  (Read 144 times)
BitHub.pl (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 265

Najnowsze Wiadomości ze Świata Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 11:59:38 AM

With the explosion of distributed systems including cloud, big data, blockchain, and IoT, proxy re-encryption’s value is becoming more apparent and the problems it solves more urgent – says MacLane Wilkinson, cofounder and CEO at ‎NuCypher, in Bithub.pl’s #SundayInterview.

Your tool is a decentralized Key Management System. How does it work?

MacLane Wilkinson: We use proxy re-encryption to provide decentralized key management and cryptographic access controls. This means developers building decentralized applications can now store, share, and manage private data on public blockchains.

Proxy re-encryption is fundamentally a more scalable form of public-key encryption that is well-suited for many-to-many data sharing environments. Traditional public-key encryption is good for one-to-one communication. That is, if I want to share a secret message with you, I can encrypt with your public key and you can decrypt it with your private key. But for every additional recipient that I want to share that message with, I have to encrypt the message again with their public key. By contrast, with proxy re-encryption, I can encrypt data once and then delegate and revoke access to that data to as many recipients as I like.

Full interview on https://bithub.pl/english/sundayinterview-blockchain-for-private-data/

Bitcoin, Kryptowaluty, Blockchain, Bitcoin informacje, Poradniki, Bitcoin wiadomości, Porady, Informacje, Dash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Monero, PIVX, Golem, Giełdy, Rankingi kryptowalut,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: