Bitcoin Forum
October 23, 2018, 05:26:44 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BITMAIN a trusted source for purchasing mining equipment?  (Read 6005 times)
navigatrix

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:28:25 PM

Buy Directly from bitmain IMO, warranty can become an issue if you get it from someone else.

I have bought 4 S1's and 2 S3's from them , all worked great, no issues.  S1 is still hashing (more so to prove out how much of a beast it is ) about 2 years it's been going.
It depends if you want faster shipping or not. Sometimes I will buy from websites like eBay because they ship from the US, not China, and I'm willing to take the extra cost for saving time. Warranty has never been an issue for me even buying from eBay or Amazon. The only bad thing is, people resell for a higher cost there, and if you're willing to buy it for more, but have a smaller ship time, this is for you.

Bitmain's trustworthy enough that you can safely buy from them, unlike BFL which ended up not sending it's miners at all for many people. For now, it is safe, but watch out , because as Bitmain becomes more of a monopoly this could change.

Shipping time from Bitmain in China is about as fast as anyone in the US. My new S9 shipped later Sunday and it's expected tomorrow. Occasionally it will get held up in customs for a couple of days, but I only had that problem when I bought 35 S5's all at once and the customs folks didn't know what they were.
When I buy 1 or 2 units it takes about 48 hours (West coast).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1053

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 12:26:18 AM

as far as a company can be legit in China.

As far as dealing with a company in China;   ....     I'm talking about ethics here, not ethnicity.

you have to deal with their shitty ethics

Thats not racism.

You're suggesting that a company is implicitly unethical because its Chinese, not only is that racist but nearly every example of mining companies has shown the opposite.

"Western" companies
BlackArrow
AMT
HashFast
Technobit
CoinTerra
HashCoins
BitMine
BFL (lol)
SpondooliesTech (unpaid debts etc)
KNCMiner
XBTech (Russian team in CN)
BitCrane
GAWMiners
Bitfury (the exception)

Asian companies
RockMiner
BTCGarden
Canaan Creative
Bitmain
ASICMiner (the exception, and one man)

Search Results
racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: racism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

*super snip* the Chinese are very nice people they have there own values and ways of doing things that we in the US see as unfair as they do about us , that's racist ?

Answer: yes.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1363

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:39:12 AM

My first 2 s-9's arrive in a day.  I will let you all know how they setup in the solar array.

I decided to order 2 more.  So I spent just about 8.3k  for 4 miners and shipping.

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:35:34 AM

The one time I ordered direct from BitMain, the order arrived in 3 business days via DHL.
Very competative on time with most folks I order stuff from in the US (Newegg can beat that if they ship from their Indianapolis facility, but usually takes a day or two longer since I usually use their "saver" option).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:16:41 PM

I'm new to mining and am wondering whether BITMAIN is trustworthy or not.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

No. Even today, they're lying about S7 parameters.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1511522.0

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.