Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2017, 10:24:15 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 837 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL fucked us over again [NSFW]  (Read 1114826 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1552

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:27:05 AM

I ordered from BFL but was lucky enough to get a full refund. I would advise anyone who has an order with them, who paid via PayPal, and who is still within the 45 day window to open a claim and get your money back.

BFL hasn't accepted PayPal payments in well over a year.

Do not send bitcoins to me: 16b8s7pBJ9rUmsExNW25qD5VUqVqRPZuXu
100% solar powered bitcoin generation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:39:34 AM

I ordered from BFL but was lucky enough to get a full refund. I would advise anyone who has an order with them, who paid via PayPal, and who is still within the 45 day window to open a claim and get your money back.
Or is it the other way around?  Wasn't PayPal holding over 1 M$ payments to them because of non-delivery?  Or was it AMT?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:37:32 PM

Or is it the other way around?  Wasn't PayPal holding over 1 M$ payments to them because of non-delivery?  Or was it AMT?

Probably both, lol.   Paypal should release a list of companies that they have frozen funds for due to inappropriate behavior.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:14:37 PM

Wait, people are actually getting their monarchs? (It's not 2015 yet?!)

What are the reactions (so far) from those receiving them?

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 1736

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 02:18:25 PM

too early! WTF! I expect it earliest in other two weeksTM cycles.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:37:55 PM

Some monarchs are in the wild, they appear to be hashing at 700GH (not 1TH) and wildly overpriced.  Grin
No word on the rate of delivery. Most folks around here got refunds, so our sample size for deliveries is small.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

Activity: 1134

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 02:14:08 AM

Some monarchs are in the wild, they appear to be hashing at 700GH (not 1TH) and wildly overpriced.  Grin
No word on the rate of delivery. Most folks around here got refunds, so our sample size for deliveries is small.

Speaking 'bout Monarchs in the wild, here's a pic of a dude who just received his massive order.

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth
With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Man with his flaming pyre
Has conquered the wayward breezes
Climbing to tranquility
Far above the cloud
Conceiving the heavens
Clear of misty shroud

Gleb Gamow
Legendary

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:04:16 PM

PS: Not a single person who's now receiving their Monarchs from BFL will ROI with their units, yet HashTrade with their multi-million dollar order and Netsolus with their 20 Megawatt worth of orders are going to profit. But, who am I to argue with the Jacobson Clan, one of which oversees and owns the building that the Canadian Bitcoin Embassy occupies.

https://coinreport.net/netsolus-hosting-custom-made-gears-bitcoin-network/

And that Montral Embassy just so happened to get a generous donation from the BitcoinDF fund set up by BFL.

http://bitcoindf.org/project/bitcoin-embassy-montreal-24/

BitcoinDF also donated 25BTC to the embassy in Miami as well, a known location of Mr. Bachrach which is highly likely to be associated with the Montreal embassy.

BTW, over a year later the Bitcoindf.org fund has only managed to distribute a little over half of their fund.

I contend it's highly likely that the Miami Bitcoin Embassy is directly affiliated with the Montreal Bitcoin Embassy.

<BTW, I love your post, Avenger>

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin_Embassy/status/427148318980845568

We're happy to announce the upcoming opening of the #Bitcoin Embassy in Miami this April! @bitcoinmiami

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin_Embassy

@BitcoinEmbassy
@Bitcoin_Embassy
Strength in Numbers

Montreal, Qc
 bitcoinembassy.ca

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/ConvertTiffToPDF?storagePath=COR%5C2012%5C0315%5C24870496.tif&documentNumber=P11000084688

It's already been established that one of the Jacobson brothers owns the building in Montreal where the Canadian Bitcoin Embassy is located.

The Jacobson brothers owns CoinWare, which in turn owns... http://www.coinware.io/companies.html

The CoinWare family of companies is a network aimed at providing you with the most flexible and efficient solutions to getting bitcoin. Learn more about our companies.

• NimbusMining
  • LiquidBits
  • HashTrade
  • Netsolus

Netsolus brings more than 14 years of experience providing cost-effective IT solutions to market. Netsolus proven experience in data center / cloud services, bitcoin services and IT staff augmentation help deliver innovative and reliable end-to-end solutions with integrity. Netsolus provides mining gear cloud hosting and co-location services for bitcoin customers, which is an important step in making bitcoin accessible to the masses..

"We believe that bitcoin can transform the world for the better and we are making every effort to help it happen."

Greg Bachrach, CEO & Co-Founder

Strangely, Netsolus is no longer on the list, but check this out: https://coinreport.net/netsolus-hosting-custom-made-gears-bitcoin-network/

Netsolus Plans To Bring 20 Megawatts Online For Bitcoin Mining Center

Why would CoinWare remove its largest entity from its formidable list?

Somehow, Coinware has successfully expunged their connection to Netsolus on the internet.

http://siteexplorer.info/www.netsolus.com/

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1638

Mining hardware dev and reviewer.

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:43:29 PM

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/6334533/online-retailers-ftc-shipping-rules
This week, the FTC announced new rules that require online shipment companies to have a "reasonable basis" for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set. Helpful, but the kicker is this: if the company misses the shipping date, or doesn't set one and misses the 30-day cut-off, customers must be informed and provide consent for the delay. If the company doesn't receive consent — even if the customer simply doesn't respond — it must automatically refund the purchase. Any time between when the customer consents to the delay and the item ships, the customer can cancel the order for a full refund.

Looking to review Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:03:03 PM

This week, the FTC announced new rules that require online shipment companies to have a "reasonable basis" for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set. Helpful, but the kicker is this: if the company misses the shipping date, or doesn't set one and misses the 30-day cut-off, customers must be informed and provide consent for the delay. If the company doesn't receive consent — even if the customer simply doesn't respond — it must automatically refund the purchase. Any time between when the customer consents to the delay and the item ships, the customer can cancel the order for a full refund.

That should put this entire bitcoin miner pre-order bullshit to an end.

SLVR4ME

Activity: 120

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

Ive never personally had the displeasure of dealing with BFL, but this is obviously good news for the community in general.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:12:18 PM

How effective is FTC tho? Because BFL has violated FTC rules in the past and no shit happened to them.
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:15:27 PM

How effective is FTC tho? Because BFL has violated FTC rules in the past and no shit happened to them.

Yeah, but this time...

"Refund, Jody, or it's the cozy chair for you!"

Techknowledgy

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:54:31 PM

Did somebody mention the FTC? Apparently the FTC showed up with US Marshals today and closed the place down, seized their assets, and sent everyone home. I only have personal confirmations of this at the moment as I am a former employee but I expect this to be verified in the news soon. You heard it here first.
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

Did somebody mention the FTC? Apparently the FTC showed up with US Marshals today and closed the place down, seized their assets, and sent everyone home. I only have personal confirmations of this at the moment as I am a former employee but I expect this to be verified in the news soon. You heard it here first.

Dude, my dick's not used to getting hard first thing in the morning.

I took the liberty to revive an earlier post of yours, bud.

So many things I want to say, but only one reason I can't say them. At some point I will have to decide whether to continue to stay silent for the sake of a certain person I know well who works there or write the novel that I've been planning for the better of the community... Only time will tell I guess, because it's obvious neither they nor their customers can stop themselves due to their greed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to milk a couple billy goats.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:05:20 PM

Wow! That's great news!

Dogie... those are facts. We've delivered over 50k miners (actually over 60k now).  It's gone from "delivered miners" to "delivered miners recently" now that I've provided the facts that you are wrong.
Uses preorders?  Fact: BFL does not take preorders and hasn't for almost 6 months.
Refund issues: Fact: BFL provides full refunds
Communication: Fact: BFL communicates regularly
Ethics: Fact: You have made a special category just for BFL, making you opinionated and biased.

Those are called facts.  You have presented nothing to the contrary so far except speculation and false information, which are called "not facts." 

FU scammer Josh Zerlan! What are you going to lie now? FUUU!

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:18:39 PM

Wow! That's great news!

Dogie... those are facts. We've delivered over 50k miners (actually over 60k now).  It's gone from "delivered miners" to "delivered miners recently" now that I've provided the facts that you are wrong.
Uses preorders?  Fact: BFL does not take preorders and hasn't for almost 6 months.
Ethics: Fact: You have made a special category just for BFL, making you opinionated and biased.

Those are called facts.  You have presented nothing to the contrary so far except speculation and false information, which are called "not facts." 

I got lucky and was able to now know who Tech... is, and am pretty sure he's not spreading FUD, hoping I'm not disappointed. I won't call him out, but for the benefit of him knowing that I know who his is, his first name starts with the letter A. No need to dis the dude though, for he's a good guy, and older than I envisioned.

Gleb Gamow
Legendary

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:48:07 PM

Looks like whoever is provider their Twitter feed isn't up to speed: https://twitter.com/ButterflyLabs

https://twitter.com/ButterflyLabs/status/512984987327791104

Techknowledgy

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:03:40 PM

Wow! That's great news!

I got lucky and was able to now know who Tech... is, and am pretty sure he's not spreading FUD, hoping I'm not disappointed. I won't call him out, but for the benefit of him knowing that I know who his is, his first name starts with the letter A. No need to dis the dude though, for he's a good guy, and older than I envisioned.

This is correct and thank you for the kind words. I have multiple accounts on here due to being doxxed once due to my affiliation with BFL in the past and I'm not going to lie about that. I also have no vested interest or intent on spreading FUD. I have received multiple confirmations this morning from people who both worked there in the past and were currently working there. As for the Twitter account, it has been on auto-pilot since I left there and was in charge of it last summer.
uhoh

Activity: 728

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:07:46 PM

Hooray if true! They finally got that obnoxious prick.
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 837 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.