Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about blockchain  (Read 472 times)
Dyatrev (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 07:51:42 AM

at my blockchain wallet there is a warning at my transactions "This transaction is may be at risk of a double spend"

never seen that before is it new feature anyone of you know anything about that?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:02:16 AM

at my blockchain wallet there is a warning at my transactions "This transaction is may be at risk of a double spend"

never seen that before is it new feature anyone of you know anything about that?

Do you have the warning when trying to send or on the Transaction ID ? See here for what Double spend means : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Double-spending If someone sent you and you got it in TXID then I wouldn't recommend trading with him.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:07:30 AM

Do you have the warning when trying to send or on the Transaction ID ? See here for what Double spend means : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Double-spending If someone sent you and you got it in TXID then I wouldn't recommend trading with him.

How one can send same bitcoins two times to different persons? Once you send money from any wallet then your amount should have been deducted already right?

I never faced this issue so far but wanted know more on how it can happen? Thanks

Edit - it means we should wait for at least one confirmation from the blockchain to make sure the transaction is successful?
Dyatrev (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:10:26 AM

i dont have any warning when trying to send it is just on my transactions there is sign and when i cursor on it it says "This transaction is may be at risk of a double spend" even 28 confirmed transaction has that warning maybe it is just new feature on blockchain wallet and will disappear maybe after 50/100 confirmation later lets see
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:19:22 AM

How one can send same bitcoins two times to different persons? Once you send money from any wallet then your amount should have been deducted already right?

I never faced this issue so far but wanted know more on how it can happen? Thanks

Edit - it means we should wait for at least one confirmation from the blockchain to make sure the transaction is successful?

you don't have to send from a wallet.
and yes wallets don't usually let you double spend because it is a way to prevent newbies from accidentally doing it without knowing. but it is possible to double spend.

and it can happen by spending the same UTXOs in two or more different transactions and broadcasting all of them.

and yes at least 1 is to be 99% (more or less) sure that it was successful but depending on the amount and the situation it is better to wait for more.

i dont have any warning when trying to send it is just on my transactions there is sign and when i cursor on it it says "This transaction is may be at risk of a double spend" even 28 confirmed transaction has that warning maybe it is just new feature on blockchain wallet and will disappear maybe after 50/100 confirmation later lets see

post link.
but i guess you are seeing the warning on the address page not on a particular transaction which means that address has done some double spend which are not yet confirmed.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:03:48 AM

I don't get it, are you asking about blockchain or blockchain.info wallet?

Are you asking if it's something new from the wallet?
Dyatrev (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:06:18 AM

my question is about blockchain.info/wallet i am still waiting to see if warning will be off after some confirmations on transaction (one has now 33 confirmation but warning still stay there)
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:12:32 AM

my question is about blockchain.info/wallet i am still waiting to see if warning will be off after some confirmations on transaction (one has now 33 confirmation but warning still stay there)

Can you post the transaction link to us and post some screenshot?

Try to logout and login again, far I know, maybe "you"(or the wallet) send 2x the same amount however I think the blockchain will disconsider the one with less fee.

edit: move your thread to Web Wallets section, I think it's more apropriate.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 11:13:58 AM

is it something like this: https://blockchain.info/tx/994237ccf1b1b21bbd0f24b4498ffbb47db560b51400174635889245b77c4f85
taken from here: https://blockchain.info/double-spends

if so I guess that is because despite the fact that above transaction is confirmed and the inputs were spent successfully there is another transaction e6d61db30b242e4c6821a60b78e467ce02e80d0310be6a673214c1f9a9a88ee7 trying to spend the same inputs and there are still nodes broadcasting the second transaction so unless they stop it will remain with this warning.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: