Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:01:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please help about bitcoin  (Read 991 times)
shadabahmed (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:56:42 PM

please help i have 10 bitcoins where i can store them for future.
cause site like unocoin zebpay btcxindia kabhi bhi bandh ho jayeto mere BITcoins save kese karu.
is there any official bitcoin site
or other site
please suggest me...

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit1334271

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:02:09 PM

cause site like unocoin zebpay btcxindia kabhi bhi bandh ho jayeto mere BITcoins save kese karu.
or other site
please suggest me...
Hope this will help you for storing your bitcoins https://blockchain.info/
shadabahmed (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:21:22 PM

or other site
please suggest me...
Hope this will help you for storing your bitcoins https://blockchain.info/

first thanks for fast reply brother.

so bro https://blockchain.info/ is best na?

Bit1334271

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:38:45 PM

yea I am using for some time without any problem support is also very good
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:43:35 PM

Why do you want to store your bitcoins online ? Why not store them on a hardware or a paper wallet that will be in your possession forever ? Storing them long term on any online sites, would be a very high risk.

PantminerS7

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:48:22 PM

Get your own client for sure. Either use bitcoin-qt and make your own full-node wallet, or use a light client like electrum etc. If not, get a hardware wallet or paper wallet as mentioned above! Google 'hardware wallet' and you'll find how-to's,

Storing coins online is the worst idea. Some sites take 'inactivity fees' and the like, and some sites can (and have) block transactions for arbitrary reasons.
shadabahmed (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:45:18 PM

Get your own client for sure. Either use bitcoin-qt and make your own full-node wallet, or use a light client like electrum etc. If not, get a hardware wallet or paper wallet as mentioned above! Google 'hardware wallet' and you'll find how-to's,

Storing coins online is the worst idea. Some sites take 'inactivity fees' and the like, and some sites can (and have) block transactions for arbitrary reasons.

thanks alot philiveyjr Bit1334271 and PantminerS7
ok i am installing bitcoin-QT

but 1 questions what happen if my hard disk crash?
means than  how to recover my bitcoins?

and it seems too big in size may be 1 week me full install hoga bitcoin-QT

Bit1334271

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:51:19 PM

Then better go with Electrum its much better then Bitcoin-qt and easy to manage
shadabahmed (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:59:01 PM

Cold storage is the best to hold your bitcoin for a long time and save the private keys and password for safe places..
or use electrum with authenticatior backup all things also the authenticator backup and save into your email or where is the best to save it..

after installed electrum when i open it

there are two things

which one i go?
1st create a new wallet
2nd restore a wallet or import keys

and wallet kind:
1 standard wallet
2 wallet with two factor authorization
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

please dont angry i am totally noob. and my english is also subhanallah

PantminerS7

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:31:08 PM

You can do both.

Option 1:
Creating a new wallet will mean that you have to transfer your BTC from your online wallet to the new electrum wallet. This costs a normal transaction fee. I would recommend using this option.

You could use 'restore a wallet or import keys' assuming you have the private keys for your bitcoin now. Do you?
shadabahmed (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:58:47 PM

You can do both.

Option 1:
Creating a new wallet will mean that you have to transfer your BTC from your online wallet to the new electrum wallet. This costs a normal transaction fee. I would recommend using this option.

You could use 'restore a wallet or import keys' assuming you have the private keys for your bitcoin now. Do you?

thanks again bro

and what about thsese options

and wallet kind:
1 standard wallet
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

soyab0007

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:27:56 PM

This is a very good topic to get hardware and paper wallet understanding..
till now i am also saving my bitcoins on coinsecure and zebpay

Would like to know how much % of risk factor involved when savings bitcoin with coinsecure or zebpay?
PantminerS7

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 09:03:32 PM

You can do both.

Option 1:

thanks again bro

and wallet kind:
1 standard wallet
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

I'm assuming you're not going to use the coins a lot.

In that case: Choose either 3 or 4 and follow the instructions on screen. For 4 you need a USB/hdd of some kind, but it is the safer option.

Quote from: soyab0007

Would like to know how much % of risk factor involved when savings bitcoin with coinsecure or zebpay?

You can't say anything about percentages. The point is that if you use coinbase/zebpay/etc for wallet, you have to place your trust in that company. If the company goes down (see MtGox for instance) it can be hard or impossible to get your coins back.

With a hardware wallet or at least a normal electrum wallet, you can always get your coins. This is because you get the private keys for your addresses and a seed that you can backup your wallet with. BE SURE to save both the seeds and private keys in a SAFE place (don't send keys/seeds on email/forums/facebook/etc) either on a USB you keep locked away (hardware waller), or write it down and laminate the paper/whatever you write on (paper wallet).

For even more safety, you could use a 2FA solution, but the one in electrum does not seem especially appealing because it also needs you to trust a company.

Whatever wallet/solution you choose make sure you can always get the private keys for your bitcoin. That is the most important thing.
shadabahmed (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:46:31 PM

You can do both.

Option 1:

thanks again bro

and wallet kind:
1 standard wallet
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

In that case: Choose either 3 or 4 and follow the instructions on screen. For 4 you need a USB/hdd of some kind, but it is the safer option.

You can't say anything about percentages. The point is that if you use coinbase/zebpay/etc for wallet, you have to place your trust in that company. If the company goes down (see MtGox for instance) it can be hard or impossible to get your coins back.

With a hardware wallet or at least a normal electrum wallet, you can always get your coins. This is because you get the private keys for your addresses and a seed that you can backup your wallet with. BE SURE to save both the seeds and private keys in a SAFE place (don't send keys/seeds on email/forums/facebook/etc) either on a USB you keep locked away (hardware waller), or write it down and laminate the paper/whatever you write on (paper wallet).

For even more safety, you could use a 2FA solution, but the one in electrum does not seem especially appealing because it also needs you to trust a company.

Whatever wallet/solution you choose make sure you can always get the private keys for your bitcoin. That is the most important thing.

i am stuck on an window

here is your master public key
something like this

dasdajhjdashdadsad

please enter the master public key of consigner # 1:

what type here?

i tried pasting  above master public key but not work

PantminerS7

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:14:17 PM

You can do both.

Option 1:

thanks again bro

and wallet kind:
1 standard wallet
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

i am stuck on an window

something like this

dasdajhjdashdadsad

what type here?

To make multisig, you need two wallets.

1. Electrum -> new/restore -> create standard wallet -> set a strong password
2. Go in your standard wallet -> Master public keys -> save this key for the multisig wallet creation
3. Make the multisig wallet with New/restore -> Multisig wallet
4. Put in the master key form the standard wallet

Remember to save both seeds for both wallets!

This is electrum docs on the multisig:

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/multisig.html
shadabahmed (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:23:00 PM

You can do both.

Option 1:

thanks again bro

and wallet kind:
1 standard wallet
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

i am stuck on an window

something like this

dasdajhjdashdadsad

what type here?

To make multisig, you need two wallets.

1. Electrum -> new/restore -> create standard wallet -> set a strong password
2. Go in your standard wallet -> Master public keys -> save this key for the multisig wallet creation
3. Make the multisig wallet with New/restore -> Multisig wallet
4. Put in the master key form the standard wallet

Remember to save both seeds for both wallets!

This is electrum docs on the multisig:

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/multisig.html

thanks for reply bro

so multi-signature wallet is not usable for me. because i have only one computer. so bro which option i select for my use for 1 pc only

1 standard wallet
3 multi-signature wallet
4 hardware wallet

PantminerS7

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:53:03 PM

Go with hardware wallet. Just buy a cheap small USB if you don't have one already/
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:58:42 PM

evey wallet which is online have 50% chances to steal your coin.yes, online bitcoin storing service like blockchain,mycelium wallet many more can steal all your coin if they want.but although they didn't do this ever.but in case of you want to store your coin for long term in high amount you should use your own core wallet nothing else.
i ask you why you want to store your money to someone else pocket? why you trust them? i am not claiming someone is scam but storing btc someone else wallet like blockchain.info is just like storing your money in someone esle pocket.

so you just download bitcoin core wallet which have almost 32gb setup.then create your wallet now you can store your coin here.and remember don't forget to make paper backup of your wallet in case of your pc,device formatted.if you do these all you get more more security than bank.

hope it will help you.

mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:06:24 PM

before your pc get crashed make a backup of your wallet.also write private key on paper and permanently store them.now enjoy.
and you shouldn't worried about high size of wallet because this is matter of 10btc.which is not small amount so you just have to do these for securing your coin. Smiley

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:46:55 PM

or other site
please suggest me...
How to securely protect 10 BTC offline

Step 1: Get a clean PC/Laptop (Warning: Stay away from smartphones for securing bitcoin).

Step 2: Connect it to the internet.

Step 3: Go to bitaddress.org.

Step 4: Disconnect the internet.

Step 5: Generate a fresh address on bitaddress.org.

Step 7: Write down the private key on a piece of paper. Be cautious to write down exactly what you see and make multiple hand written copies of this. Keep them at different safe & secure places. May be one can be kept in your bank locker.

Step 8: Save the bitcoin address on any text editor in your computer (e.g. Notepad, MS Word etc.).

Step 9: Close bitaddress.org and remove your history & cache. Make sure that there is no trace of the private key on your PC/Laptop.

Step 10: Send 10 BTC to the generated address that you just saved on text editor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: