Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old discussion about Fibo  (Read 1724 times)
trsampaio (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:41:58 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 05:19:34 AM by trsampaio

New topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1522566.0
FIBO
Pay, Play, and Profit
https://www.fibo.io/

Fibo is a service to play music, podcast and films instantly & legally.
    Even better, you can share and profit from the ones you played.

CLOSED BETA 18th July, 2016

Ticket price 0.00091001 BTC

Pay-per-stream with BTC, Bytes, or Bucks
Fibo accepts deposits in BTC and USD through debit/credit cards.
Incoming transactions will be converted to the platform in the day of its completion according to the currency BTC/USD, EUR/USD, or other foreign exchange.

Play music, films, and podcasts anywhere
Fibo online platform is accessible in any device.

Profit by sharing content
Install the Fibo Client
Set the amount of storage space to be shared for Mining
Wait for receiving files to be mined (Mining Spot)

The Mining Spots are given randomly, but an user can buy a permanent Mining Spot of a song, if you think the song will be streamed many times.
There are a limited amount of 20 permanent Mining Spots per song. Those, guarantee a revenue from any stream of that song, and can also be traded like stock once the song becomes trending/valuable.

You earn Dollars by mining/hosting content. Later, those Dollars can be exchanged to BTC or USD.

Closed Beta
Fibo is raising venture capital investments to achieve roughly $1,000,000 in valuation.
The beta starts on 18th July, 2016 and all the users that acquired a ticket (current price is 0.00091001 BTC) will get access.
Be the first and guarantee the chance to earn a permanent Mining Spot by discovering & uploading new songs.

We invite all users to start using and profiting with Fibo and a special opportunity of high profit for early users.
On top of being the most profitable Miner, early users also gets a bonus in their deposits, accepting BTC or Altcoins and credit/debit cards further.

30% bonus
10th June, 2016 - 1st August, 2016

20% bonus
1st August, 2016 - 1st September, 2016

10% bonus
1st September, 2016 - 1st October, 2016

The platform uses Fibo Dollar (ƒ) as virtual currency, any deposit into Fibo will be converted to Fibo Dollars in 1:1 ratio to USD.
Fibo will offer Fibo Dollar/USD or Fibo Dollar/BTC payout after public release.

Behind the scenes
Each song has its own streaming price set by the artist.
The revenue generated by the streams is shared between the Artist (50%), Miners (40%), and Fibo (10%).

The average pricing of a song stream is $0.01, and a trending song can hit 200M streams
It represents a potential revenue of $800K distributed to the song hosts/miners.

There are around 30M copyrighted songs on Spotify + millions of other kind of media to be discovered.

Have you reserved your closed beta ticket?

GET STARTED
https://www.fibo.io/
https://www.facebook.com/fibocloud

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 12:16:45 PM

An interesting project, good luck. I've never heard of Fibo as an altcoin before. Is that a new altcoin as well or ?
trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:28:36 PM

An interesting project, good luck. I've never heard of Fibo as an altcoin before. Is that a new altcoin as well or ?

Fibo is not cryptocurrency. We do have Fibo Dollars, 1:1 ratio to USD, that can be used inside the platform for streaming Music & Films, and paying for using the distributed cloud storage/processing power in the future.
Being part of Fibo means that you can mine Fibo Dollars (ƒ) by hosting content and get payout on your investment.
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:34:34 PM

Looking to raise 1m is a tall order. I think you should have tried to raise 100k and then build it out or find more funding once you have started to build it out.
trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:57:30 PM

Looking to raise 1m is a tall order. I think you should have tried to raise 100k and then build it out or find more funding once you have started to build it out.
We've rephrased it. Our goal is to achieve 1M in valuation. The platform is already developed with our current funding and a Fibo Music demo can be found after signup.

The next step involves the release of copyrighted songs and we're already talking with a few labels. The BTC crowdsale will serve as proof of interest and chance for a win-win to early users.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 06:01:08 PM

I guess there a few things that aren't clear in the crowdsale and your campaign, but that shouldn't discourage you. The fibo dollars is going to be a bit of a hard swallow with the audience here.  Here's a couple of suggestions, and no offense on the feedback, just my own perspective on your campaign.

-You need a video, relate to the experience and share your passion for this project.  If your angle is anti-apple, you need to let that come through.
-Your nomenclature (fibo dollars, miners, etc) is very confusing, people aren't going to get it, especially the bitcoin crowd.
-No one wants to know their bitcoins are going to used for lawyers or developer salaries, you might want to rollup those to "development".
-Your reward of a bonus is good, but since Fibo is a non-crypto currency, you might have trouble getting conversion at large levels. (btc is now above $600)

Good luck, hope it works out.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:06:39 PM

Interesting idea ... the question becomes which comes first: the 'customer' or the 'artist/label' ? In the case of iTunes, Apple had a captive customer base, and the size/credibility to bring the labels on board. Fibo has neither at this point, and I'm not sure a crowdsale gets you there. I'd love for this to work (and to short AAPL along the way) ... hmmm. If I see some momentum I could see myself jumping aboard ...

Also, in your shoes I would take some notes from Augur's crowdsale, and consider selling 'Fibo' coins that grant the right to mine and generate revenue. The crypto community likes to have their interest 'monetized' in the form of some type of fungible coin or token.
umair01

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:16:51 AM

Interesting idea ... the question becomes which comes first: the 'customer' or the 'artist/label' ? In the case of iTunes, Apple had a captive customer base, and the size/credibility to bring the labels on board. Fibo has neither at this point, and I'm not sure a crowdsale gets you there. I'd love for this to work (and to short AAPL along the way) ... hmmm. If I see some momentum I could see myself jumping aboard ...

Also, in your shoes I would take some notes from Augur's crowdsale, and consider selling 'Fibo' coins that grant the right to mine and generate revenue. The crypto community likes to have their interest 'monetized' in the form of some type of fungible coin or token.

In this case i would lean in the direction of the artists come first.
trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:38:15 AM

In this case i would lean in the direction of the artists come first.

We've talked with artists complaining they are not happy with subscription services, as they do not control the pricing etc.. Fibo is filling up the demand for a Pay-per-stream service where the artists can set their own price.

On top of that we allow the media content to be hosted in a distributed cloud storage and the users sharing/serving a content would get passive revenue for that, and in a certain way, users and fans would be happy to share their favorite songs/films.

Fibo's vision is not to create "one more" cryptocurrency, we achieve to be "the one" content marketplace, where users actually Mines something meaningful and not just proof of work waste.

There's a real opportunity of profit for any user without any initial investment, but those joining the Crowdsale before the public release will have the chance of being a Pioneer Miner, i.e. host, of certain media content permanently. Therefore, generating consistent revenue every time the user is online.
Indamuck

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:58:39 PM

There's a real opportunity of profit for any user without any initial investment, but those joining the Crowdsale before the public release will have the chance of being a Pioneer Miner, i.e. host, of certain media content permanently. Therefore, generating consistent revenue every time the user is online.

Obviously some content is more valuable that others. Likely, if you are successful, your most valuable content will come on board long after many other lesser artists have. So, do you have some algorithm for who gets what content, and when? Will the crowdsale participants always have first choice re: what content to host?

Finally, I'll torrent something from time to time, but I don't host things. So there would be a necessity of keeping my PC or server on, in order to monetize my cached content?
trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:04:56 AM

Obviously some content is more valuable that others. Likely, if you are successful, your most valuable content will come on board long after many other lesser artists have. So, do you have some algorithm for who gets what content, and when? Will the crowdsale participants always have first choice re: what content to host?

Finally, I'll torrent something from time to time, but I don't host things. So there would be a necessity of keeping my PC or server on, in order to monetize my cached content?

Yes, Crowdsale participants will have the first choice of which content to host. That's a huge benefit that can provide way more profit than anything in the blockchain technology.

Other users are chosen to host content in a random way, giving priority to the content already streamed by you.

And unfortunately yes, you've to keep your hosting device online for serving content.
umair01

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:46:04 AM

WTF?? is no one interested in this project. No posters on the thread is not a good sign.  Sad
And I want to see this happen!
trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:02:45 PM

WTF?? is no one interested in this project. No posters on the thread is not a good sign.  Sad

Thank you! We will make this happen anyway.

We will enable the deposit for Pioneer Tickets by using credit/debit cards.
First we prioritized Bitcoin deposits, but soon anyone will have the same opportunity.
umair01

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:05:12 PM

Thank you! We will make this happen anyway.

We will enable the deposit for Pioneer Tickets by using credit/debit cards.
First we prioritized Bitcoin deposits, but soon anyone will have the same opportunity.

Awesome because I cant wait to see this project come alive. Do you plan on building a detailed roadmap so people who come to the thread can see where this is headed in a tldr sort of way..
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 06:38:42 AM

Nice concept it's Interesting, so basically it's like torrent which you can earn bitcoin by to be a uploader? The reward is based on mining share? Sorry for asking, I'm still confuse about the sharing reward.
trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:40:24 AM

Nice concept it's Interesting, so basically it's like torrent which you can earn bitcoin by to be a uploader? The reward is based on mining share? Sorry for asking, I'm still confuse about the sharing reward.

Exactly. You earn Dollars by mining/hosting content. Later, those Dollars can be exchanged to BTC or USD.

Any user just need to install the Fibo Client, set the amount of storage space to be shared for Mining, and just wait for receiving files to be mined (Mining Spot).
The Mining Spots are given randomly, but the user can buy a permanent Mining Spot of a song, if you think the song will be streamed many times.

There are a limited amount of 20 permanent Mining Spots per song. Those, guarantee a revenue from any stream of that song, and can also be traded like stock once the song becomes trending/valuable.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:30:49 PM

I have noticed you have changed the OP, is the 30% bonus still active until 1st August  Huh

trsampaio (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:28:32 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 10:05:41 AM by trsampaio

I have noticed you have changed the OP, is the 30% bonus still active until 1st August  Huh

Yes. We've updated our marketing material in both topic and website.

Keep in mind that the beta starts on 18th July, 2016 and all the users that acquired a ticket (current price is 0.00061108 BTC) will get access.
After 18th July only 10 tickets will be given on daily basis to the TOP 10 users.

Be the first and guarantee the chance to earn a permanent Mining Spot by discovering & uploading new songs.
CryR

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

kcin obazs

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:32:04 AM

Interesting project, very good Grin
Indamuck

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:30:22 PM

I'm curious if OP has tried advertising on some of the torrent sites, where people are currently sharing thousands of songs basically for free? Offer those people a chance to make $$ from something that they are currently doing for free, and I would guess you could get some takers.Then again, that might be problematic for artists/labels who have a beef with torrents? Lol ...

Your project looks interesting. Biggest problem for me is that I don't want to leave a PC on and connected to the internet ... I don't want to personally provide that caching service. My preference is to be a passive investor. So it doesn't seem like it makes sense for me to participate. Not to mention it will be an illiquid investment in an extremely high risk venture. Worth watching for now perhaps.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: