Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is too slow  (Read 8877 times)
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:35:54 PM

i feel like bitcoin is average in transaction times. the transaction broadcasts within seconds, just takess hours to confirm. so you should be pretty safe using bitcoin as long as its not a double spend. banks take way longer than a couple of hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:16:18 PM

For now i satisfied what speed of transaction of bitcoin even it takes 10 minutes or more but last month i experience of delay it takes  day before i receive my bitcoin in my wallet and i think thats why its too long to receive because the sender is paying below the default fee..
And i hope they fix it that even low fee they can confirm it fast..
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:27:25 PM

no I don't think so. bitcoin is too fact, infact fast than any other crypto currency.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:35:29 PM

no I don't think so. bitcoin is too fact, infact fast than any other crypto currency.

well, there are indeed faster digital currencies in terms of confirmations. so in that aspect bitcoin isn't the fastest crypto currency. or are you talking about something else?
RastoMan

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:22:23 PM

Do you think the bitcoin confirmation is too fast? It is 10 mins. It is slower than most other currencies, for example, Ethereum.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:31:09 PM

Bitcoin is not slow when used for sending money abroad like remittances or gifts to friends and family. This is the biggest strength of Bitcoin - the very low to non-existent fees. Bitcoin can get a little bit inconvenient when used for daily shopping with small amounts like buying a cup of coffee or a sandwich because most vendors will wait for some confirmations in order to be sure that the transaction will be legitimate and this is where Bitcoin is lacking some speed. But for these situations people could use cash instead and be on their way without waiting.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:44:48 PM

Transactions are too slow. Will someone fix it or do we need a better coin?

yea, we are seeing that the transactions of bitcoin are too much slow but still it is much better then the transaction period taken by banks, we can easily transact our money within a few minutes and it sometimes takes some hours , but you may have noticed that banks take days for transaction your money from one place to another.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:48:00 PM

A ew days a go I also tried to transact about 0.14 BTC from my xapo to an exchange, and I was wonder to see that it took about more than 6 hours, I think it is not good for the future of bitcoin, the developers would have to do some better for it and have to secure bitcoin from all the issues like that, with that bitcoin can have chances to become global currency.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:51:34 PM

Bitcoin crypto-currency is not fast dear, it is slow as compared to other currencies.. Transaction on bitcoin takes at least 1-2 days. First we have to exchange it to other currencies because many countries don't accept bitcoin so it takes time.
DashTron

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:53:18 PM

I had a two hours transaction today from a blockchain.info wallet to poloniex with medium priority and 0.26$ fees.
I consider that as too slow.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:14:28 PM

Agreed !! Transaction in bitcoin are very slow it takes too much time, If this problem is solved then many people get their money on time and  use their money on time where they want to spend.

Although bitcoin transaction are slow sometimes and it take 6 confirmations to complete, but most merchants online accept the payment on 1 confirmation only.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:21:30 PM

i agree that it is too slow to use the same way as i use credit card. but for internatinal money transfers it is extremely fast!
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:23:35 PM

Spoiled brats, go complain to your bank that takes 4 days for a transaction to settle.

Isnt the 10 minute confirm time enough for ya?

jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:54:29 PM

Spoiled brats, go complain to your bank that takes 4 days for a transaction to settle.

yep, international transfers can take very long, but where i live even interbank trasactions are faster than 4 days. yet, not even close to btc!
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:59:11 AM

I don't know about a bank that takes 4 days to settle a transaction but I do know that money transfers takes somewhere along half a day. And comparing that to bitcoins, it's definitely a lot better.
Some people just do not know how to pay the profer tx fees that's why their confirmations aren't only 10 minutes, rather it takes a lot of time for them.
JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:22:18 AM

I don't know about a bank that takes 4 days to settle a transaction but I do know that money transfers takes somewhere along half a day. And comparing that to bitcoins, it's definitely a lot better.
Some people just do not know how to pay the profer tx fees that's why their confirmations aren't only 10 minutes, rather it takes a lot of time for them.

I think those transaction would depend on you proximity. Example in banks, it would take longer if you are transacting in a different bank from where you made your account. I think the same principle is followed here?. Depends on where you made your transaction.

In my experience the longest time i had to wait is 1 hour. Especially the confirmation. Except for yobit as to it has many tacticalities and updates
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:57:53 AM

Usualy transaction are too slow if price of bitcoin going down or up because there are many people who send bitcoin between markets or if fees for transaction are too low.

At this stage of the bitcoin development, it should concentrating attracting more people, so the fee should be lower.
yes it is a fact but it is not its nature. and specially when halving is approaching. now i am warring about the present condition of  the bitcoin. although it is good if bitocin can maintain itself stable like the present position but usually in present condition the bitocin price should be boost up for all time high price.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:00:53 AM

Unluckily,i have to agree hundred percent with you.
Last night i've been waiting 3 hours for 1 confirmation,and now im waiting about 2 hours,for 1 confirmation too.
It is probably because too many ppl transfering,or rather that mining gets less profitable.
I hope it will get fixed,i need faster transactions!
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:06:29 AM

It seem pretty fast to me, usually around 15 to 20 minutes for confirmations. Maybe there is a coin that would be better, but I don't think bitcoin is going anywhere.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 02:09:23 PM

Unluckily,i have to agree hundred percent with you.
Neither one of you know what you're talking about.

Last night i've been waiting 3 hours for 1 confirmation,and now im waiting about 2 hours,for 1 confirmation too. It is probably because too many ppl transfering,or rather that mining gets less profitable. I hope it will get fixed,i need faster transactions!
Stop posting bullshit and learn how to use Bitcoin properly. You don't even know the difference between transaction and confirmation times. In addition to that, your reasoning is horribly wrong. The primary reason for which your transactions (which are near-instant) do not get confirmed within the next block is because you're being cheap with the fees.

It seem pretty fast to me, usually around 15 to 20 minutes for confirmations.
Transaction times are near-instant, confirmation times are 10 minutes on average (your 15-20 minutes is normal). Anyone who posts here without knowing the difference is either very ignorant or a signature spammer (false complaints just to boost post count up).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: