Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:56:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: View the xPub key from multisig electrum wallet  (Read 723 times)
ajwest (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:07:04 PM

When I restore a multisig wallet in Electrum 2.6.4, the dialog appropriately prompts me to put in the three xPub or seeds needed to view the funds in the multisig wallet. When I click Wallet->Master Public Keys, I can then review these 3 public keys which makeup the multisig wallet.

Obviously in this case Electrum has deterministically generated some addresses from this combination. How can I see or generate a single xPub key for the multi-sig wallet so I may view all the transactions in a wallet-watching service?
racezefi

Activity: 80
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:19:02 PM

I don't have a multisig, but try opening the wallet file with a text editor (open a copy, just in case, not the original).
Search for xpub, do you see any that doesn't correspond to the ones you know about?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:00:54 AM

How can I see or generate a single xPub key for the multi-sig wallet so I may view all the transactions in a wallet-watching service?

There is no single xpub because it's a multisig wallet. If the service you are using does not support electrum multisig wallets then you can't use it to create a watch only wallet.

BTW if you enter the 3 xpubs when restoring a wallet using electrum it will create a watch-only wallet. So why not just use electrum itself?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: