Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890776 times)
Accepted

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:01:45 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 04:12:22 PM by Accepted

For those new to investing on this forum/thread I'd suggest a visit to the Slack channel to fully understand why Stratis has seen such strong growth since ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pap0u

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:13:51 PM

Does anybody actually know what Stratis does or is capable of doing? It looks like a standard PoS blockchain with a solid development team and an unnaturally euphoric ICO crowd amazed at the price appreciation and constantly shilling technology they are ignorant of. I mean, the business model for Stratis is to consult on private implementations not bring value to the public chain. No doubt if I log into the Stratis slack I'm sure I will see some posts about how Stratis will change the world or each Strat will be worth $1. Incredible.

This is why I left this thread and the fan boys and shills to it. Be careful though they're watching and are going to be on you any second, how dare you speak up.

The followers of Stratis are not "euphoric" - just very optimistic about this project's prospects (and with good reason). How many crypto projects deliver ahead of schedule? How many deliver extra value-add functionality on top of the planned roadmap? How many have a Bitcoin Core developer?

If you want to find out more, read a few of the weekly announcements which highlight the major developments.

...Oh and Strat is also currently 8x ICO.

I definitely disagree on the not euphoric part. Everyone is convinced this project will go x10 from here.  ICO holder panic is around the corner. There definitely isn't enough liquidity for everyone to cash out in profit.

Having a bitcoin core developer is a marketing point. I still have yet to see an actual Stratis use case. What is the point of Stratis besides making ICO participants more wealthy? The only use case I've seen so far is letting C devs code a PoS blockchain easily. I assure you that's not something the world needs.

Lisk has less use cases, but their biggest market cap was 200 million usd, if lisk can do, why stratis can't be that huge?

That's probably the worst argument in favor of Stratis I can imagine. "Hey look at this other project without use cases that had a crazy post ICO pump valuation. Stratis can do that too!" .

"If they can do it so can we" has been the main driving force behind Stratis evaluation lol. De Shelby does make valid points honestly. People get angry and cry praises and pumps since it's their money they are protecting, that's all, normal. Stratis will see above 10k again but it might be our last chance to dump

GOT7

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:14:14 PM

For those new to investing on this forum/thread I'd suggest a visit to the Slack channel to fully understand why Stratis has seen such strong growth since ICO.

Because the dev team pumped a few hundred of their own btc into the project and made it simple simon to pump. Nobody needs to go to slack, everyone knows whats up here. Yeah I missed out and never sold 5x so you got me there gents, I'm jealous and trolling LOL
Accepted

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:25:56 PM

I think any left over concern since ICO about this project is largely due to not sourcing the correct information.

It's important if you have any concerns/doubts to talk to the community. There are plenty of people online in the Slack chat that can answer your questions directly.
bashuile

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:40:13 PM

Hi,
First thank you all for the quality posting, i enjoy seeing reassuring news when price is dropping :p
I had a question, a little out of context and that must have been replied in the early pages but I was wondering: I'm keeping my stratis on Bittrex (2FA enabled etc), and I wanted to know if there was a safer option: like a paper wallet, and how to do it? or the stratis app? but what if my computer (mac) gets infected or something?
Thanks a lot for your answers
good day!.

The safest way is send the coins to your wallet and print out your PRIVATE KEY onto paper then delete your wallet. and keep that paper in a fire proof safe or somewhere secure only you should have access to.
OK thank you for your answer Smiley
idolacchacked

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:52:56 PM

bunch of new accounts making fud... it means time to buy for me Cheesy
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:53:01 PM

Hey Stratis Holders,

Just doing my every 2-3 wk swing by to catch up and get a laugh at the occasional fud posts.
Stratis has a strong community, impeccable core development team with a VISION! and a price that is dirt cheap
while the team develops and implements their VISION. The solid buy support is a great indicator of the future of stratis.
I am personally heavy invested in Stratis. I missed the ICO but started buying around 1300 and have not stopped buying.

I buy all the way up and all the way down. Most of the times, I just buy and send to my wallet and they start helping the staking.
I don't buy on the bottom, I buy all the time = dollar cost averaging. Damn, this coin is around 6 cents...give or take a half penny. This coin has the potential to reach one dollar and others have said more but I truly believe that a dollar is not too far off.

Basically there are 100 million coins. Waves have 100 million coins and it's around 23 cents and as high as 35 cents and it dropped
in the teens for awhile. An ultra conservative, easy prediction is stratis WILL definitely have a solid 23-28 cents with high liquidity.
I look at that and say "self, just buy,buy,buy at every chance you get." So to the crybaby saying he lost money in stratis, I say the following...first, thank you for the laughs. You are either from another project and you see all the volume and potential stratis has
and you're pissed so you act like a total fucktard or you truly are a fuctard Grin

keep piling it high people. Do what you can afford. REMEMBER we are talking 6 pennies on a possible life changing experience. These don't just happen everyday. I just believe stratis is that opportunity. It's not a flashy coin, multi-media bs these ICO's take millions from us. This project is the real deal and it is flying under everyone's radar as they focus on zcash, monero, eth, etc and all the damn ICO's . I am in five currently that haven't ended yet. I stake 11 coins and I take what I stake and buy stratis. I will sell those ICO's when release and invest 80% into stratis. That is how much I believe in the project.

Till next time...

6 pennies! love it, i've always thought exchanges should past the price in BTC and USD simultaneously. 6 cents is a much more psychologicaly friendly price. 6 cents what do you have to lose put $20 and come back in two years. Or you can buy lottery tickets lol
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:53:50 PM

Spoken like a true veteran!
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:32:50 PM

Hi guys,

If you want to learn some about Stratis, want to ask some questions about it, here is an option: https://www.reddit.com/r/stratisplatform/comments/5fdmr4/ama_stratis_questions_and_answers_about_stratis/

You also can drop your questions here, I and others will be happy to help you guys with any questions regarding the project etc.
Krushang (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 07:47:45 PM

This team is way too arrogant, they have only made some code but achieved nothing. Even the wallet is full with bugs. You are all acting as if you are already on the finish line.

Why would a company want to buy coins? They can just steal the open source code and host their own network. Then all work is done for nothing. And how do you think you can get these so called customers? Besides the fact that there are too many coins and not 98 million coders worldwide. I understand they only need 1 coin to be part of the network that is basically run for free by other people their computer and power resources. It will only cost for those people. What use case does it have then yes nothing? And will these coins be used one time only and then get burned or stay in existence? And  what about the cloud why is it not finished yet. Why can't i do anything now with only coins on exhange or some piece of shit wallet. It's way too overvalued now.

hmmm this was your first post on bitcointalk, unless of course you'got another account. Either way too many inaccuracies and subjection to respond to.
Well then answer my question instead of talking out of your ass

Which wallet is full with bugs? Our interim wallet is based on Blackcoin, which is a proven digital currency code base, the bug that Stratis experienced was due to a parameter change between Blackcoin and Stratis that did not cause any problems until recently. The interim wallet based on Blackcoin has been stable so far and credit must go to the Blackcoin team for their work and dedication.

They do not need to steal our code as its open source. However, should they require the network security of the Strat blockchain, the in house expertise of the team that created the platform and to do business with a company that as an organization is able to offer them an enterprise end to end solution. They will choose Stratis.

I do not understand your point on the coin supply, 100M coins with 1-2% inflation is optimum for our platform and technology. Developers do not have to purchase any Stratis to develop applications and platforms with our Stratis Development Framework. However, if they want to deploy their app on our cloud platform or utilize a private chain, this will incur a fee in STRAT combined with the STRAT they must purchase to utilize on their private chain. In the standard Stratis chain model the coins can move between the main chain and the side chains, so the coins are not burned. We will be implementing a fee based POS reward structure once the transaction volume can sustain the network, this will remove the 1-2% inflation from staking.

As far as use cases, I would start by reading the use cases listed in the whitepaper. We are developing the tools and the platform to allow .NET developers to create the next generation of blockchain applications and platforms without knowing the inner workings of cryptography and the blockchain itself. There will be use cases and innovations in future that we have not even thought about before. The Stratis platform will offer an end to end Blockchain development platform built on Microsoft technologies, which is the major player in corporate environments. Microsoft runs on the majority of corporate desktops, developers have not had a simple SDK or framework to develop the next generation of desktop apps, we are creating them as we speak.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
ryvirath

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:54:09 PM

This team is way too arrogant, they have only made some code but achieved nothing. Even the wallet is full with bugs. You are all acting as if you are already on the finish line.

Why would a company want to buy coins? They can just steal the open source code and host their own network. Then all work is done for nothing. And how do you think you can get these so called customers? Besides the fact that there are too many coins and not 98 million coders worldwide. I understand they only need 1 coin to be part of the network that is basically run for free by other people their computer and power resources. It will only cost for those people. What use case does it have then yes nothing? And will these coins be used one time only and then get burned or stay in existence? And  what about the cloud why is it not finished yet. Why can't i do anything now with only coins on exhange or some piece of shit wallet. It's way too overvalued now.

hmmm this was your first post on bitcointalk, unless of course you'got another account. Either way too many inaccuracies and subjection to respond to.

As far as use cases, I would start by reading the use cases listed in the whitepaper. We are developing the tools and the platform to allow .NET developers to create the next generation of blockchain applications and platforms without knowing the inner workings of cryptography and the blockchain itself. There will be use cases and innovations in future that we have not even thought about before. The Stratis platform will offer an end to end Blockchain development platform built on Microsoft technologies, which is the major player in corporate environments. Microsoft runs on the majority of corporate desktops, developers have not had a simple SDK or framework to develop the next generation of desktop apps, we are creating them as we speak.

This is a bit like saying we have thought of no use cases for our technology, but we are making the tools so others can easily do it. So aside from making a beginner friendly blockchain language (which is a problem in and of itself), you aren't actually sure if the Stratis chain is useful for anything? As far as the Microsoft bit, Project Bletchley is enterprise blockchain software based on open source Ethereum code. It's a bit disingenuous to pretend Microsoft devs care about developing on Stratis. The two use cases you have listed in your white paper: proof of existence and clearing/settlement are completely oversaturated. There's about 3 or 4 Ethereum companies and Factom tackling proof of existence and between BTC/ETH/Ripple/Stellar/Hyperledger/R3/Everyone else who claims fiat gateways/etc... the settlement/clearing market is way overdone by much more capable competitors. So you have two use cases listed of which Stratis is not even close to being positioned to uniquely take advantage of. That leaves what? No use cases for Stratis?
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 11:07:15 PM

Man ur 2-3 weeks cocained wrapups give no help to improving or changing the state of seemingly dying asset. But hey the goal is met, peeps are glad with all their heart that someone still peeks through the opening and argues with bothersome fud posters. Shame on ignorants taking those 'updates' seriously.

Accepted

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:43:31 PM

Spoken like a true veteran!

Hmm... good point.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:54:29 PM

Man ur 2-3 weeks cocained wrapups give no help to improving or changing the state of seemingly dying asset. But hey the goal is met, peeps are glad with all their heart that someone still peeks through the opening and argues with bothersome fud posters. Shame on ignorants taking those 'updates' seriously.

To be honest .. what are you talking about? Too much meth in your head seems to be the problem. Stratis is a highly advanced blockchain apps platform .  Devs are in constant development for the quality of MVP.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bandofgypsys

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:55:55 PM

Hey, outside of some hyperbole which was pretty thick tbh you got to admit your information is inacurate.

I'm not excatly who your addresing. There is a weekly round up of what the team has been up to. This was asked for by the commnuinty to stay informed. And the team obliged.

I'm on my phone so i can't look up anything atm but off the top of my head Nic Dorieris very close to sucessfully  completing tumblebit which there will be a ntumblebit version.

If you take the time the crypto space has been talking about tumblebit for years, no one could make it work until now. It's a huge feat.

Serious enough?

And this "dieing asset" has retraced a parabolic spike, which id basically a bubble or what crypto traders call p&d, the retrace had fallen directly on the medean uptrend line.

Anyhow a little more research and time spent with the community and you'd be better informed.

You can literally ask the team directly any concerns.

Hope to see you on slack!
Wasda

Activity: 504

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:01:09 AM

Which wallet is full with bugs? Our interim wallet is based on Blackcoin, which is a proven digital currency code base, the bug that Stratis experienced was due to a parameter change between Blackcoin and Stratis that did not cause any problems until recently. The interim wallet based on Blackcoin has been stable so far and credit must go to the Blackcoin team for their work and dedication.

They do not need to steal our code as its open source. However, should they require the network security of the Strat blockchain, the in house expertise of the team that created the platform and to do business with a company that as an organization is able to offer them an enterprise end to end solution. They will choose Stratis.

I do not understand your point on the coin supply, 100M coins with 1-2% inflation is optimum for our platform and technology. Developers do not have to purchase any Stratis to develop applications and platforms with our Stratis Development Framework. However, if they want to deploy their app on our cloud platform or utilize a private chain, this will incur a fee in STRAT combined with the STRAT they must purchase to utilize on their private chain. In the standard Stratis chain model the coins can move between the main chain and the side chains, so the coins are not burned. We will be implementing a fee based POS reward structure once the transaction volume can sustain the network, this will remove the 1-2% inflation from staking.

Excellent info Krushang, seems like these new bct accounts are high on something? maybe crack hehe

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:02:28 AM

Why is everyone running and hiding in slack when the real discussion is happening here.
Accepted

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:08:46 AM

Most people use Slack chat for real-time communication and the major benefits it provides for larger scale discussion with more participants.
bandofgypsys

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:14:37 AM

Why is everyone running and hiding in slack when the real discussion is happening here.

We are everywhere. Check the reddit ongoing ama Wink
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:15:03 AM

DEVELOPERS UPDATE
Our developers have been working so hard and so fast on the nStratis project that it’s often difficult to keep on top of the latest news, so this week we have made a special effort to bring you a snapshot of what is happening under the hood of nStratis, right now.

Visual block explorer
Great news – our visual block explorer is within reach. Just two tasks stand between us and having a simple user interface that will enable users/corporations to interrogate the Stratis blockchain: 1, fork the Azure blockchain indexer and 2, see to QbitNinja. Once completed, we will have an official visual block explorer and API that should be able to support up to 20,000 requests per second!

Full Node Update from Nicolas Dorier

For Stratis full node, the consensus code is done. There are two further things that need to be done that I will focus on: downloading from the network – not from a single node peer, and the RPC Server. I’ve worked quite a lots with ASP.NET core on TumbleBit, so it should be easy.

For NTumbleBit: I coded all the logic for puzzle promise and puzzle solver. What is needed now is to do the TumblerServer. This is well on the way and I don’t expect much difficulty in getting it finished.
You can read more about The NTumbleBit project in our recent blog post ‘Anonymous Transactions Coming to Stratis’ that can be found here. In a nutshell, TumbleBit is a new anonymous payment protocol that aims to solve two of the major challenges faced by Bitcoin, scaling Bitcoin to keep up with the increasing demand, and protecting the privacy of payments made via Bitcoin. According to Nicholas TumbleBit will likely be the first off-chain payment system to reach mainstream adoption. We are pleased therefore to be making steps towards adopting this technology into nStratis.

nStratis is Hackathon-ready

We are happy to report that nStratis is now in a ready state for the hackathon. The consensus code for Stratis’ full node is complete and has passed it’s checks. nStratis also supports netstandard (for netcore and cross platform) and has a published and ready to use nuget package. We are using the nStratis nuget package with the netcore project [name of the Minter] to download the blockchain and will be using it to build and broadcast POS blocks to the network.

NBitcoin Update from Nicolas Dorier

Regarding NBitcoin: I’ve just removed dependency to System.Numerics and allowed compilation without Newtonsoft. This basically means that it now theoretically works on Unity. I also coded a bunch of JsonConverter out of the box for serializing to Json – the most commonly used class in NBitcoin.

Hello new logo!

We are excited to officially reveal our new logo to you today. The Stratis brand is currently undergoing a complete face-lift that will include a brand new website. This is necessary in order to be ready for the commercial market. We will be shedding our startup skin between now and the new year and this is the first of our grand reveals. We hope you like it and look forward to bringing you more updates in due course.

Stratis at the Olympia

Stratis will be making an appearance at The Olympia in London for the Blockchain Expo on January 23-24. The theme for the event is ‘Unlocking the Internet of Value’. This will be our first official public appearance so we are taking up a booth, giving us the opportunity to showcase the company to some 1500+ attendees. Confirmed attendees include many mainstream banks, great press contacts as well as some familiar faces from the bitcoin and blockchain startup scene. It should be a really positive experience. Tickets to the expo hall are free so if you are in the area why not stop by and say hello?

Finally we would like to issue some reminders:
If you aren’t already a member of our community on Slack we would love you to join us: https://stratisinvite.herokuapp.com/
Don’t forget to upgrade your Stratis Wallet to v2.0.0.1. This update prevents older clients from connecting to the network. Download it from this link: https://github.com/stratisproject/stratisX/releases/tag/v2.0.0.1
Lastly, if you still have unclaimed Stratis coins, now is the time to claim them.

That’s it for this week,

Stay tuned.

http://stratisplatform.com/2016/12/08/developers-update-stratis-weekly-8/
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: