Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WB21.com - Free bank account with also deposit in Bitcoin  (Read 4917 times)
mieux

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:02:02 AM

another question: can anyone purchase a debit card on wb21?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pixel75

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 08:56:49 AM

another question: can anyone purchase a debit card on wb21?

Debit card are disabled now. I don't know the reason.

Bitrated user: pixel75.
morbat

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:49:47 PM

You dont know who is behind this bank ? Well let me tell you who is behind . He's name is Michael Gastauer and he is a scammer ( fraudster ) according to wikipedia:
There isn't right now:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gastauer

Anyway, the wikipedia itself isn't a valid source, you need to show/link the sources of your claim.

Have you made your bitcointalk account only to write this?

While this doesn't make wb21 a secure service, your claims are still baseless.

I opened an account with them and made a small SEPA transference to a German bank as per their instructions. The transference was returned. Upon inquiry they informed me they had changed their bank. I made a second attempt to their new German bank and the money did arrive and was credited pretty fast.

I used the money to buy Bitcoin with XAPO, they do have an account with WB21 and you only have to make an ATAP (account to account payment) which is instant. The purchased bitcoin amount was credited into my XAPO wallet pretty fast.

This was last week and now they seem to have changed banks again, this time out of Germany and into Hong Kong. No more SEPA and no more IBANs, not sure if this is good or bad, heard that Hong Kong has began to resist the Empire. No direct information from them to customers informing about the change which is strange albeit coherent with the content of their site which really also does not tell you anything about them.

They did replied to an inquiry I sent stating they hope to start issuing debit cards again this month. If XAPO mantains its relationship with them its really no big deal since XAPO does provide a debit card (outrageously expensive to use).

I checked the Wikipedia article mentioned in the thread, namely the "Talk" section at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Michael_Gastauer which raises additional questions.

Not sure exactly what to think, I would love this to be a real project and not a scam (there are others initiatives similar to this one like Worldcore, but they do seem to be more expensive). I added WB21 and now also Michael Gastauer to my Google alerts...

One major weakness of all these bank alternatives is that the "formal" account is not in your name so you cannot link say, a PayPal or Amazon account to withdraw money, since they require you to be the beneficiary and do not provide fields to input the required references to identify your sub-account within the system.

yuyu123

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:17:38 AM

please pay attention to the next both alerts:

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/10/18/2177180/the-founder-of-digital-bank-wb21-was-previously-sued-for-allegedly-stealing-millions-of-dollars/

http://theheureka.com/wb21-founder-has-history-of-fraud
ptiper21

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:51:13 PM

if they had a debit card it would be a good idea ( even with the risk )  ... Now it is something not usefull , as you can't withdraw money in btc for example...
Balle1912

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:11:23 PM

Shame as this could have been a great service, I will be avoiding though
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:47:40 PM

Well is this a working service because all I see here is a bitter sweet reaction from different members of the forum? Anyway this service should have sky rocked as it provides a way to buy bitcoins for most users out there!
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:27:42 PM

is there a place where i can buy bitcoins with a sepatransfer from wb21?
as far as i know there is just the company "wb21" in the sender name on outgoing transactions via sepa.
but most exchangers want to have the same name in the sender field as the accountholders name at the exchange...
any ideas?

thx

I have this question as well. For example, can a WB21 user send fiat from WB21 account to Kraken (SEPA transfer)? Or will it fail (personal IDs must match)?

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:44:25 PM

You dont know who is behind this bank ? Well let me tell you who is behind . He's name is Michael Gastauer and he is a scammer ( fraudster ) according to wikipedia:

"Michael Gastauer is a convicted conman and white collar criminal and was sentenced to 18 months prison in 2010 in Zürich, Switzerland, in connection with commercial fraud related to G&S Vermögensverwaltung GmbH. [5] [6] Contrary to the facts, (prison sentence for Mr. Gastauer and bankruptcy of G&S Vermögensverwaltung GmbH [7]), Michael Gastauer claims that "after five years of steady growth, the business reached a mid 8-digit valuation based on over CHF 1 Billion AUM, and was sold to a Swiss Investment firm."

I have opened an account with them too. After 1 min verification , my account was good to go .. I sent them my ID and proof of address . Verification took place too fast ..way too fast for a BIG company with 500.000 clients and growing Smiley

There are many things that are not normal with WB21 .. Too many followers on facebook , twitter and so on . I guess they bought some visitors

Their ALEXA rank and traffic was build with bought clicks probably from PTC sites. Visitors showed up on ALEXA are from US and INDIA. What about others ? What about Europe ? Wb21 claims to be a swiss/german established company .. so ...where are the europeans Huh

If they have 500.000 clients why we dont see one with a VISA or MASTERCARD issued from their side? Why there is nobody out there posting pro/good things about them ?

Everything is fake ! wb21.com is a scam site BEWARE !!! Michael Gastauer is a scam artist . He did it once in Germany and now will do an international scam bigger then the first one .

That explains it then. An insolvent and convicted fraudster who created a bank with a doctored valuation.

When a bank KYC-verifies and validates you online within minutes without the usual cautious requirements, there must be something fishy about them. A legitimate bank, especially one in the EU, will make you go through hoops and fire before they allow you to hold an account with them. It is the primary mandate of every bank: all beneficial owners of accounts must be properly identified. Not doing so would expose the bank to significant reputational, regulatory and other risks. A bank that bypasses this core requirement is a phony bank.

I have to admit the site is well constructed, complete with SSL encryption and mobile banking apps on the iOS and android app stores. This is a very sinister and sophisticated scam with so much criminal energy put into it. No detail spared in presentation and design. Bitcoin accepted too. How convenient.

And this:

+864000233151
+74993466392
+27875508787
+15873330277
+6562484658
+555139377888
+61885208218
 support@wb21.com
WB21 Pte. Ltd. | 80 Raffles Place | UOB Plaza 1 | Singapore 048624

Probably virtual numbers which diverts to one single person's cellphone. That's a prestigious address in Singapore's most expensive CBD location. Raffles Place. What's funny is that "WB21" is not listed on the property's directory:

http://www.estate.sg/uob-plaza.html

But media reports about their acceptance by MAS Singapore:

http://bit.ly/2eQ5xaL
http://bit.ly/2wxJrS6

Shady shady...

Unolabo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:04:19 PM

Hello, Team.
Again the same trouble with your bank. Now our company got 2 suspending payments.
Support does not reply for 2 missed transactions more than 30 days.
Reference ID Missing Payments are: WT1903188801859
WT1603188801850
I had to make a call to support center, but still no result. The last of transaction is suspended for more than month :disappointed:
How you gonna solve that?
Trialin

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

Dear Sirs!

I have transferred 24.000 EURO from my account opened in WB21 in the name of my counterparty's account opened with FIO BANKA, A.S.

The transaction I.D. is 7506201809041019375, date of payment is April 09, 2018. The exact time of payment is 10:19:36

However, my counterparty has not received the payment. FIO BANKA, A.S. has commented that it even has not seen this transaction.

I have been trying to contact WB21 since the moment of payment, but they refuse to answer my calls and E-Mails, thus I have not received any comment regarding the situation.

Therefore, please BE AWARE:

THE WB21 HAS NOT PERFORMED MY TRANSACTION, REFUSES TO RETURN MY MONEY AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION!!!

EVERYTHING SHOWS THAT THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS THAT HAVE STOLEN MY MONEY!!!

WB21, if you are reading this - return my money ASAP or I will be forced to complain to regulatory body!

Please contact me ASAP!
Selim-Toruko

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 11:14:56 AM

Question,

WB21 has now been rebranded to Black Banx, even though it's rebranded you guys think it's still not trustworthy?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: