Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burstcoin [BURST] Price Speculation  (Read 24138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ihasweakhandz (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:31:44 PM

[ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0 [Old thread]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0 [New thread]

• NXT Based
• POS Removed
• PoC Based ( Proof-of-capacity = mine with your spare HDD space)
• No IPO
• No Premine
• 4 minute block time
• 2,158,812,800 coins total of which approximately 1,473,000,000 coins have been mined in the last two years
• First coin to have working smart contracts/ automated transactions (decentralised crowdfunding, lottery)
• Decentralised Escrow and subscription payments
• First cryptocurrency to do an ACCT with Qora
 and many more features

Current price: 33 sat

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_burst
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-burst

Let the speculation begin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 08:37:52 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 08:59:22 PM by crowetic

The price is currently very undervalued, the network is VERY large and strong, and in fact, simply the number of drives it takes to run the network the size it is, costs a whole lot more than the market cap... it seems that since the coin is so cheap to mine, people are willing to sell at low prices... but IMO that's not the best idea.

The coin has some extremely valuable ideas in it, including Automated Transactions, and a decentralized Marketplace. Encrypted messaging, and asset system, and a decentralized Asset Exchange.

There is a LOT in the works as far as development, and there are legit companies forming on top of projects built on the chain.

It is backed by VERY trustworthy and high ranking members of the community, myself included, and the development is very strong and active.

The team is ever expanding, and working collaborations with multiple other teams.

a public roadmap has been posted here, with a lot of information, but only maybe a quarter of the projects that will be there, this roadmap will be constantly updating with new info, and more... http://burst.press

There is a TON in the works, including a decentralized file storage setup, and decentralized applications, that I am forming into a movement I'm calling 'Decentralize Your World'. Basically the forming of an entirely new internet in which everything will be encrypted and decentralized. Bringing security and privacy back to the internet, as it was meant to be.

The current price seems that many people are deliberately trying to keep the price down, not exactly sure why, but that is definitely what seems to be going on... as the coin's price makes no sense whatsoever, it should easily be 10x higher than it is.

But I do think that once all of the new stuff starts coming out, and we start pushing harder to public, and news outlets, a lot of this may start being seen by others, and the price will reflect that.

The coin already has the power of Etherium, with a far superior mining style that will likely be the PoW of the future, once everyone realizes the extreme potential therein.

We are not in a hurry, we are a bout doing everything on the up n up, and doing everything the RIGHT way, even if that means doing it slower. Our team is dedicated, and believes in the future of the coin, and the way we will get there is by continuing doing everything in the fashion we are, keeping to strong moral compass, and beneficial goals for the whole world to take advantage of.

We are the few in crypto that believe the crypto world shouldn't just be a breeding ground for scammers and people looking to make a quick buck then leave, we are building the future of computing, and the internet. Building things the way they should be, and doing this from the ground up, not from the top down.

Our infrastructure and network is VERY large and strong, and it is ever expanding. It will not be long before people see the way we are doing things, and the fact that we NEVER lie, and ALWAYS do what we say, and the value of the coin will reflect that.

Then, with the release of our new projects, and the whole idea beginning to form with our outreach outside the crypto community, things will really start getting exciting.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:24:40 PM

Burst offers much more real world usecases than most people think of today.
Thinking BURST is cheap to mine is an illusion since BTC was also cheap to mine at some point in history.

One of the main advantages I see is that there are almost no running costs to keep the network secure.
This in combination with the offered features that have been developed on top of NXT makes BURST technically suitable for many all day usecases.

In terms of exchange rates I do not want to set a price but if you think of a service like slack offers and for which would be payed with BURST in a decentralized environment you can easily create a demand for the coin. If you say the price is set to what a miner with 2tb capacity can mine in a month and compare it to the smallest payed slack account these 10k burst have a value around 6.5$. Running a dedicated 2tb drive 24/7 for mining gets you your investment back within a year while having the next years for free.

If you play with these numbers it means to me that the mid term low settles somewhere where it has been a year ago.
For me the history has shown that everything takes a moment longer compared to other coins but finally it happens.

Ihasweakhandz (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:31:35 PM

I am quite honoured to have you post on this thread Crowetic so thank you for offering your insight into the matter. I agree with every point that you stated, and that's partly the reason why I cringe every time I look at the price.

Burst is definitely in the top 5 of the most innovative coins out there and hopefully the price will start reflecting that in the near future. Higher market cap will bring it the attention it deserves and will definitely increase its user base. Over the last few months, I realised that sadly and unfortunately high volumes and high market caps are what lead people/"investors"/"traders" to think that the coin is actually useful. If Burst was judged and looked at from a pure technical perspective then i don't see many coins coming ahead of it.

The future is definitely bright though thanks to you and to your team
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 11:42:45 PM

Burst offers much more real world usecases than most people think of today.
Thinking BURST is cheap to mine is an illusion since BTC was also cheap to mine at some point in history.

One of the main advantages I see is that there are almost no running costs to keep the network secure.
This in combination with the offered features that have been developed on top of NXT makes BURST technically suitable for many all day usecases.

In terms of exchange rates I do not want to set a price but if you think of a service like slack offers and for which would be payed with BURST in a decentralized environment you can easily create a demand for the coin. If you say the price is set to what a miner with 2tb capacity can mine in a month and compare it to the smallest payed slack account these 10k burst have a value around 6.5$. Running a dedicated 2tb drive 24/7 for mining gets you your investment back within a year while having the next years for free.

If you play with these numbers it means to me that the mid term low settles somewhere where it has been a year ago.
For me the history has shown that everything takes a moment longer compared to other coins but finally it happens.

The team is currently working with multiple slack alternatives, and dropbox alternatives inside the burst cloud, which is being developed now. There will be a free version and a paid version which you can get extra space and other services.

it includes XMPP chat with OTR, slack style chat alternative, dropbox style files sync functionality, cloud contacts, bookmakrs, and a document editor like google docs where you can collaborate and edit a document with a bunch of people.

There is a lot more to come, and this project will be publicly available soon. I may offer it on a limited basis to the community soon anyway. There is a lot more in development too.

The end goal is to decentralize and fully encrypt every aspect of all of it, which we  have a way to accomplish too.

There is also a new forum for alternate currencies, and much more coming. The price currently is definitely not a reflection that is accurate, and it is a great time to buy, as we're one of the only currencies with such a capable team, with the high moral standards we adhere to. The project is going to be one that will be hugely successful, we have no doubt.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 11:56:37 PM

I am quite honoured to have you post on this thread Crowetic so thank you for offering your insight into the matter. I agree with every point that you stated, and that's partly the reason why I cringe every time I look at the price.

Burst is definitely in the top 5 of the most innovative coins out there and hopefully the price will start reflecting that in the near future. Higher market cap will bring it the attention it deserves and will definitely increase its user base. Over the last few months, I realised that sadly and unfortunately high volumes and high market caps are what lead people/"investors"/"traders" to think that the coin is actually useful. If Burst was judged and looked at from a pure technical perspective then i don't see many coins coming ahead of it.

The future is definitely bright though thanks to you and to your team

No problem, my pleasure. I always enjoy posting in threads about my favorite piece of technological genius, BURST! Smiley

I think there will be some announcements in the near future about a couple of different ideas we have, once we work out the ideas within the team, that will definitely put BURST at #1 in technical prowess, but as you said, there are some serious competitors out there who have a LOT of money, and unfortunately, sometimes money speaks louder than actually being able to do the things you say you can.

I personally believe though, that soon these highly backed coins, without much to really deserve the backing they have, will be shown to be what they are, and that will be the time that the coins with actual technical standing, and incredible ability, will be the ones to come out on top. Unfortunately, currently there are a lot of groups out there that manipulate things into their favor, whether they have what they say they do or not... and people tend to follow people with a lot of monetary backing, with or without the ability to prove what they say.

We, however, work the other way, and we know that when we continue to prove our tech is better than the competition, eventually it will be recognized by people who genuinely care about this, and THOSE are the people we want behind us, not people out for a quick buck, and just want to get in get out make money move on. BURST and our related team projects, are LONG TERM, and truly are out to change the way things are done on a fundamental level. We are less worried about making a quick dollar, and a lot more worried about making the future a place that is secure, and functions well, online.

Some day, this will be recognized by someone who can help us with some financial support, and that will help us to propel things to mainstream even faster, until then we will keep doing what we always have, and release solid products and assets, and branch out where we can when we can, getting users along the way. Great things come to those who work in the fashion we do, and we wholeheartedly believe that. This is about good Karma, and making sure we don't screw people over to make money. This is about making sure the things that are done, are done in the correct way, not the fastest way, guaranteed to make the most money quickest.

We will keep doing what we do, and we know that people will respect our way of doing things and back our projects for the right reasons, and in the end, these people will benefit a lot more than the ones investing in short term pump n dump schemes, or projects without any real merit selling underdeveloped projects to the masses in hopes of making quick money. They will eventually be found out for what they are, and projects like ours will succeed. That's my opinion anyway.

Of course, I would like it if things could be done as soon as possible, but doing things the right way sometimes means taking a little longer to do it, but it's all good, because that will make us win in the end.

BURST isn't going anywhere, and neither is the morality of the team behind it. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crutsy

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:01:32 AM

Bitcoin has been rising steadily for the past few weeks. Anytime this happens the altcoin markets take a dive or become stagnant. As most people are selling out for bitcoin I have been happy to collect a large sum of Burst!

When bitcoin evens out or takes a dive after the block halving in late July altcoins will then be re-invested in. Perfect timing for burst to shine and possibly with some new features.
I see Burst easily doubling price in the next 3 months.

omskbear

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Fly me to the Moon  Cheesy Smiley Wink
Propagandalf

Activity: 312

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:47:49 AM

Bitcoin has been rising steadily for the past few weeks. Anytime this happens the altcoin markets take a dive or become stagnant. As most people are selling out for bitcoin I have been happy to collect a large sum of Burst!

When bitcoin evens out or takes a dive after the block halving in late July altcoins will then be re-invested in. Perfect timing for burst to shine and possibly with some new features.
I see Burst easily doubling price in the next 3 months.

That's exactly how I am thinking and what I am doing as well  Smiley You should invest your Burst in assets too if you haven't already.
Ihasweakhandz (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:47:25 PM

Call me optimistic but I see Burst trading at above 100 sat within 3 months. I tend to compare burst with +1 billion coins such as BTS,DOGE, NXT(999 million), SIA, XEM and few others and I feel quite confident in saying that burst has quite a lot more to offer than the aforementioned coins. Burst at a cent each would give it a market cap of close to 15 million with the current coin supply so I would not be surprised if we are trading at that level by year end (extremely optimistic target). 
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 04:50:35 AM

Call me optimistic but I see Burst trading at above 100 sat within 3 months. I tend to compare burst with +1 billion coins such as BTS,DOGE, NXT(999 million), SIA, XEM and few others and I feel quite confident in saying that burst has quite a lot more to offer than the aforementioned coins. Burst at a cent each would give it a market cap of close to 15 million with the current coin supply so I would not be surprised if we are trading at that level by year end (extremely optimistic target). 

I think that is entirely possible, seems there is some manipulation in downward direction happening right now, not sure what exactly, but that's certainly how it feels to me, considering all the positives of the coin. But I am confident in the future.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crutsy

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:31:02 PM

Many times markets are suppressed a week or two before a huge pump... but sadly usually a dump follows
Ihasweakhandz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:40:28 PM

Many times markets are suppressed a week or two before a huge pump... but sadly usually a dump follows

Miners and crypto folk are quite used to these antiques, a lot of us can tolerate it no matter how prolonged the suppression may last. Individuals joining crypto because of the recent BTC bull run however, may not understand that, and they certainly won't look twice at BURST if they see that its price has been on the decline for the last 2 months (when it should have carried on its rise back in April if it weren't for the manipulation). Most of them are not in it for the long term, and thats ok because I think a strong market can cater for miners/ long term investors as well as day traders.

So there is a very thin line between making few extra btc in profit and gaining high numbers of new adopters who might take the price 100x if it weren't for the price manipulation.

I never understand these "whales" but if I feel sorry for whoever is responsible for it as they lack the foresight to see the big picture
Propagandalf

Activity: 312

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:41:01 PM

Do you reckon the recent Eth/Dao theft will affect Burst? If I understand it correctly, the theft is related to flaws in their smart contracts. And, in comparison, Burst's automated transactions are flawless (so far). I'm thinking that this event could positively affect Burst in the long run, but meanwhile Burst value keeps going downwards... I reckon the floor might lie around 15-16 satoshi, but I see no reason to wait for a lower price than what we already have if people want to invest in Burst.
Ihasweakhandz (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:59:41 PM

It will have a positive effect on BURST for as long as people know that BURST actually has smart contracts if you know what I mean. We need to get the word out and now is the best time due to DAOs hack. Crowetic and adam's video has worked wonders in terms of bringing fresh blood into the community and i am pretty sure that will carry on to be the case for the foreseeable future. The effect of that on the price might not have been immediate but it will come.
There was a lot of btc locked in eth markets, this event has just helped unlock it. It is already in the exchanges and traders and investors alike would start looking at good alts with great potential and BURST will certainly benefit from that.

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 03:15:25 AM

It will have a positive effect on BURST for as long as people know that BURST actually has smart contracts if you know what I mean. We need to get the word out and now is the best time due to DAOs hack. Crowetic and adam's video has worked wonders in terms of bringing fresh blood into the community and i am pretty sure that will carry on to be the case for the foreseeable future. The effect of that on the price might not have been immediate but it will come.
There was a lot of btc locked in eth markets, this event has just helped unlock it. It is already in the exchanges and traders and investors alike would start looking at good alts with great potential and BURST will certainly benefit from that.

We are not only going to continue the videos, but we're also going to issue our PR campaign to issue a 'CHALLENGE to HACKERS' to hack our Smart Contracts. Once we've proven them to be solid, which we're 200% sure about, I believe we'll get solid recognition from the community. Wink

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 05:53:52 AM

For me I've been buying as much BURST as I can and exchanging them for assets while we wait for the new developments.I have no doubts that the price will rise in the near future and while people want and continue to dump I'll be buying.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
FXALTareeq

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 12:53:57 PM

For me I've been buying as much BURST as I can and exchanging them for assets while we wait for the new developments.I have no doubts that the price will rise in the near future and while people want and continue to dump I'll be buying.

One Man's trash is another Man's Treasure.  I'm with you @Vella85 I'm buying, re-investing, and promoting because I'm known to put my money where my mouth is and Burst is truly undervalued currently.  Low investment HIGH return. 

Have a magnificent day on PURPOSE!
FXALTareeq
FXALTareeq

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 01:03:16 PM

I think that is entirely possible, seems there is some manipulation in downward direction happening right now, not sure what exactly, but that's certainly how it feels to me, considering all the positives of the coin. But I am confident in the future.

I'm with you @Crowetic and support EVERYTHING you're doing with Burst.  Walking on the Burst Golden Roadmap as we speak.
Ihasweakhandz (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:06:48 AM

2016 is looking more like the year of the billion plus coins, I find NEM's rise to $120 million very encouraging even though I don't own any  Cheesy. Assuming (and it is a big assumption) that NEM and BURST have equal features, a basic calculation would show that the equivalent price that BURST can theoretically achieve providing that the assumption is true which it isn't, is 0.120/1.5 = $0.08 or higher.

So I am changing my previous prediction for BURST to reach $0.01 from extremely optimistic to highly likely that it would get there  Grin

Only time would tell, but I am feeling very confident, the number of miners keeps on increasing on a daily basis and it is just a matter of time until we get there. The market has shown that it is not afraid of bidding high prices even for coins with a highish coin supply and I hope that BURST will take advantage of that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: