Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Waves - Moderated & Civilized thread for the Community  (Read 2713 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:09:21 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 12:25:19 AM by From Above

A few Waves community members have expressed the concern that the original Waves thread should be moderated to keep out toxic trolls.

Here's a moderated Waves thread.      < Link to official unmoderated thread >

Rules: civilized discussion: no attacking, no trolling, no lambos, no bs, everything else is fine

Posts might take time to be deleted. All posts that break the rules will with 100% certainty be deleted though.
If you see troll BS, dont quote it. Dont quote trolls cause trolls are excluded here. Their posts will be removed.

~CfA~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Twiggy Smile

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:16:02 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 10:06:20 PM by Twiggy Smile

Make sure that you are using the updated wallets

You can download the Lite client from this link:
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/releases

*How to update the wallet?
Download the latest version. See the release date.
Make sure that you have a copy of the Seed. Close wallet. Just download the new archive, unzip it, delete old folders and archives. Open index.html file.
If you do not see your account, use your seed for Import account. See instructions below

You can download the Chrome app from this link:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wavesliteapp/kfmcaklajknfekomaflnhkjjkcjabogm

*Google App is updated automatically in your browser. But if you're not sure, Go to chrome://extensions/ turn on developer mode and click - Update extensions.

And use these instructions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rRDKfKWXitBFrTII3CIq3haAJ771-MZCMD7SPWLNVBw
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:16:20 PM

Not sure how much attention a second thread will gain since wavestalk will be open after exchanges are settled, but I'm fine with a placebo free zone.

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:17:42 PM

Waves community members have expressed the concern that the original Waves thread should be moderated.

Here's a moderated Waves thread.

Rules: civilized discussion: no attacking, no trolling, no lambos, no bs, anything else is fine

~CfA~

Something tells me that this thread will be a very quiet thread with those (perfectly normal) rules applied Wink
Looking forward to the launch even if I do not plan on selling. Buying on the other hand, might be an option.
CryptoWitch

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

This is my life. This is my path.

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:19:58 PM

Waves community members have expressed the concern that the original Waves thread should be moderated.

Here's a moderated Waves thread.

Rules: civilized discussion: no attacking, no trolling, no lambos, no bs, anything else is fine

~CfA~

Something tells me that this thread will be a very quiet thread with those (perfectly normal) rules applied Wink
Looking forward to the launch even if I do not plan on selling. Buying on the other hand, might be an option.

I agree I plan to stay longterm in Waves and if I can will buy more coins when listed.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:29:45 PM

@OP: thanks for opening this new thread. I hope to gather as many people here to a normal discussion, although the reality of crypto tells me to expect very few posts in here.
My first question would be: do you see the delayed launch of WAVES as a project-management mistake taking into account the budget of ICO, or quite to the contrary, the possible delay could help to alleviate the delays for people who didn't manage to claim their tokens in time?

this space is intentionally left blank
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:33:32 PM

@OP: thanks for opening this new thread. I hope to gather as many people here to a normal discussion, although the reality of crypto tells me to expect very few posts in here.
My first question would be: do you see the delayed launch of WAVES as a project-management mistake taking into account the budget of ICO, or quite to the contrary, the possible delay could help to alleviate the delays for people who didn't manage to claim their tokens in time?

Pretty sure it was stated that the full node code would be released on the 14th of June.  However long it takes each exchange to perform a code analysis to their own satisfaction is another issue.  When you're in possession of 10's if not 100's of millions worth of crypto, wouldn't you do the same?
TTE

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:49:20 PM

Pretty sure it was stated that the full node code would be released on the 14th of June.  However long it takes each exchange to perform a code analysis to their own satisfaction is another issue.  When you're in possession of 10's if not 100's of millions worth of crypto, wouldn't you do the same?

The Waves team did everything perfectly fine according to the roadmap.
on the 14th everything was released. Depending on the exchanges it will take some time.

Now you have to play the waiting game if you want to dump / buy more, that's it.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 11:42:16 PM

A few Waves community members have expressed the concern that the original Waves thread should be moderated to keep out toxic trolls.

[snip]

~CfA~

Thanks a lot for starting it. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 11:44:27 PM

Any reason why the thread is getting hit so hard? Don't really understand some of the comments because it is all outside of the developers control.

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:02:30 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 12:44:07 AM by ttookk

Any reason why the thread is getting hit so hard? Don't really understand some of the comments because it is all outside of the developers control.

People getting itchy to sell their Waves. Look at the Lisk thread. It was even worse there. Seems to be normal behaviour, I don't know. If they'd made it to start trading at the 14th, I'm sure some guys would have found a reason to bitch about it.
Keep in mind, that for every dickhead posting a "where can i dump my stash???!!!!" post, there are hundreds of people sitting there, waiting patiently and knowing that everything is going it's way.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:18:50 AM

Cos weak hands are eagerly to sell of their tokens for quick cash but they can't cos the exchanges are carefully testing the nodes and stuff and then they result into petty whining which attracted trolls, trolls and trolls.

You don't pay enough.
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:46:21 AM

So, looks like Bittrex will be launching in 8h. Anyone know whether Poloniex will be ready by that time?
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:57:58 AM

why is this self moderated?

colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

why is this self moderated?

To keep out the trolls, lambo kids, my body is ready kids, etc.

Btw Thank you for this thread, I was really looking to it.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:37:42 AM

I used to keep up with the official thread, helping users with their clients etc. But it's turned into a spam fest now, making it hard to read and hard to follow any news. Slack is better but I can't spend time follwing the chat at work. Thanks CFA for this topic. Now I guess it's up to us to keep this thread going, or it will just become an echo chamber.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:46:47 AM

Ok, so instead of posting about how thankful we are that this thread exists, how about some actual news?

Bittrex said on twitter, when they are going to open trading for Waves. I don't find the origianl link, but someone made a timer based on it:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160616T10&p0=137&msg=Waves+Launch+on+Bittrex&font=cursive
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:54:46 AM

Ok, so instead of posting about how thankful we are that this thread exists, how about some actual news?

Bittrex said on twitter, when they are going to open trading for Waves. I don't find the origianl link, but someone made a timer based on it:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160616T10&p0=137&msg=Waves+Launch+on+Bittrex&font=cursive

here it is
https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/743298892909813762
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 05:07:11 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 06:13:38 PM by Nxtblg

x-post from Twiggy Smile if anyone needs it:

#Waves is launching on #Bittrex & #Poloniex tomorrow – this is what you need to know! #Bitcoin #Wavesplatform

https://wp.stakepool.com/2016/06/16/waves-is-launching-on-bittrex-poloniex-tomorrow-this-is-what-you-need-to-know-bitcoin-wavesplatform/

EDIT: just read that the Polo part was debunked by a Polo mod. But, Bittrex has the WAVES wallet in maintenance mode as I write.

EDIT 2: Trading on Trex has been delayed:

bittrex-bill [7:50 PM] 
@channel at this point, WAVES is not launching at 10am PDT.  We are still waiting for information on how to connect to main net.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 05:08:56 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 06:01:20 PM by Nxtblg

Another x-post, more important from the above, from Twiggy Smile. This one concerns the upgraded lite client:

Google App - 0.3.2a  Lite client - 0.3.2

###

Make sure that you are using the updated wallets

You can download the Lite client from this link:
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/releases

*How to update the wallet?
Download the latest version. See the release date.
Make sure that you have a copy of the Seed. Close wallet. Just download the new archive, unzip it, delete old folders and archives. Open index.html file.
If you do not see your account, use your seed for Import account. See instructions below

You can download the Chrome app from this link:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wavesliteapp/kfmcaklajknfekomaflnhkjjkcjabogm

*Google App is updated automatically in your browser. But if you're not sure, Go to chrome://extensions/ turn on developer mode and click - Update extensions.

And use these instructions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rRDKfKWXitBFrTII3CIq3haAJ771-MZCMD7SPWLNVBw

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: