Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:30:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] PokéBits RPG Bitcoin Browser Game  (Read 3396 times)
PokeBits (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:07:35 PM

Interested.  However, isn't it against google adsense's policy to incentivise users' actions?
Just wanting to be safe before I bid.

Yes it is, if adsense finds out they will eventually just close the account like they did to all faucets earlier last month.

It's not a faucet.

It's an actual game, all you would have to do is label the currency as something else if you're afraid of Adsense. I've been with them near 10 years now and have used them on GPT sites in the past with no issues.

Not to mention most 'faucets' they send junk traffic and have a high bounce rate and low time spent on the website.

Pokebits has a low bounce rate with upwards of 30 + minutes spent on the website at a time. Is there potential for it to be banned in the future, possibly, there's no real guarantee.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:30:19 AM

If unsold by the 20th, I will be moving the auction to Flippa.

There's a legitimate bid placed based on terms you set.

Are you setting a buy it now on flippa with this auction still ongoing?

No I'm not setting a Buy it Now, I want everyone to have a fair chance at bidding if they have placed a bid.
Starting bid is $1, I started it low to allow users who have previously bid here to be able to bid and have a fair chance.

From now on bids will be placed on flippa : https://flippa.com/6530925-pokebits-com

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:04:49 PM

No I'm not setting a Buy it Now, I want everyone to have a fair chance at bidding if they have placed a bid.
Starting bid is $1, I started it low to allow users who have previously bid here to be able to bid and have a fair chance.

From now on bids will be placed on flippa : https://flippa.com/6530925-pokebits-com

I will not be bidding on flippa. Also leaving negative trust, not trust worthy behavior to end an auction early because you are not happy with the current bidding prices.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:19:06 PM

I will not be bidding on flippa. Also leaving negative trust, not trust worthy behavior to end an auction early because you are not happy with the current bidding prices.
Indeed an uncomfortable action. Transferring an auction is OK, but all the current bids must be transferred too. To start the auction from scratch isn't the most trusted thing to do when you're not happy with the current bids.

So please close the flippa auction to prevent further complications and continue with this auction thread.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:22:39 PM

Moving auction is a bad move. I am also interested but will not bid on Flippa. I also think you will prob get adsense banned pretty soon just like faucets do.

Cs87kxy

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:48:12 PM

so my bid here is invalid? I dont have a flippa account and I dont know that company.

please tell me OP
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:53:15 PM

so my bid here is invalid? I dont have a flippa account and I dont know that company.

please tell me OP

OP just wasted our time, I'm assuming he thought someone would jump at the BIN. I have seen this before on this forum, its important to mark people that do this with negative trust. If you want to run a reserve auction it needs to be stated in the OP, or else it is a no reserve auction.

In all likeliness Adsense will be banned within the next 1-3 months, which is why faucets sell for so cheap (usually 1 months earnings or less), because you never know when Adsense is banned and as soon as it is banned, it is no longer profitable to run.
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:57:03 PM

I didn't move it to Flippa due to the bidding prices, I moved it because of the Escrow.

Indeed an uncomfortable action. Transferring an auction is OK, but all the current bids must be transferred too. To start the auction from scratch isn't the most trusted thing to do when you're not happy with the current bids.

So please close the flippa auction to prevent further complications and continue with this auction thread.

I paid money to list it on flippa, I'm not just going to throw that money away to continue the auction here.

Moving auction is a bad move. I am also interested but will not bid on Flippa. I also think you will prob get adsense banned pretty soon just like faucets do.

It's not a faucet.

If it makes anyone happy, the script itself is still for sale, you just have to develop your own website.
I was selling the pokebits script in the digital goods section for 0.0945.
This comes with the entire script.

If you feel the need to leave me negative trust, then do so. No on lost any money bidding, maybe a few seconds of time. I moved the auction to Flippa due to the fact I had received messages asking for escrow if they were going to buy, and the only website I had an account already on was flippa.

If this warrants negative trust, then so be it.
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:02:24 PM

What I didn't realize is that the users who bid on this thread were going to whine like little girls because the auction was moved to another website where they would have to bid again.
Oh the horrors. Smiley
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:14:12 PM

You just set a BIN: 1000$
Stop posting lies and people might start to bid on your auction.
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:15:03 PM

I just did that because everyone was complaining.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:20:25 PM

I didn't move it to Flippa due to the bidding prices, I moved it because of the Escrow.
What's wrong with using forum based escrow?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:21:32 PM

I just did that because everyone was complaining.

This user is extremely unprofessional, I would highly suggest avoiding his auctions. He sent me this message:
Welcome to having negative trust, you want to play that game, I can too bud.
Don't be such a tit because the auction was moved, and furthermore, don't try to form your opinions about why I moved the auction because you're wrong.

Also left me this feedback:
"User is a little girl who cries about having to bid on another website and showed his ignorance when trying to formulate his opinionated reason as to why I moved it"
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:21:55 PM

When I first created the auction, no buy it now was set, users were notified on the forum of the auction move.
All users said they were not going to bid at Flippa, therefore I added a Buy It Now as since no users from the forum said they were going to bid, I have no reason to not add a Buy it Now.
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:22:56 PM

What's wrong with using forum based escrow?

I've never used escrow on this forum and know nothing of, or how to, do forum based escrow.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:24:42 PM

When I first created the auction, no buy it now was set, users were notified on the forum of the auction move.
All users said they were not going to bid at Flippa, therefore I added a Buy It Now as since no users from the forum said they were going to bid, I have no reason to not add a Buy it Now.

After an auction is started and several bids have been placed you cannot just decide to cancel all the bids and move the auction. That is not trustworthy behavior in the slightest.
PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:26:00 PM

After an auction is started and several bids have been placed you cannot just decide to cancel all the bids and move the auction. That is not trustworthy behavior in the slightest.

Is there a binding contract on bitcointalk forums that states an auction cannot be moved to an actual auction website?
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:19:22 PM

Is there a binding contract on bitcointalk forums that states an auction cannot be moved to an actual auction website?

A binding legal contract?  No

However it's considered dishonest, and you likely alienated any bitcoin talk users from bidding on your flippa auction. 

PokeBits (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:28:01 PM

However it's considered dishonest, and you likely alienated any bitcoin talk users from bidding on your flippa auction. 

Dishonest?

Moving from a forum to a legitimate auction based website is dishonest?

I would perceive dishonest as A. not telling the users the auction was moved. and B. putting the starting bid way above users initial bids. Instead, I put the starting bid at $1, which was over $200 cheaper than all present bids, giving those users the option to put a lower starting bid if they wanted, or putting the bid they initially had back.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

Dishonest?

Moving from a forum to a legitimate auction based website is dishonest?

I would perceive dishonest as A. not telling the users the auction was moved. and B. putting the starting bid way above users initial bids. Instead, I put the starting bid at $1, which was over $200 cheaper than all present bids, giving those users the option to put a lower starting bid if they wanted, or putting the bid they initially had back.

Someone has already bid on your auction.  Moving your auction elsewhere, when there is legitimate bid on the current auction is dishonest.    You don't have to agree with me, but as you have seen in the past few comments, plenty of people do.   I was planning on making a bid here on this auction, now I will not.   It's your call as to what to do with your auction, but you have most definitely lost several bidders.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: