Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New project: Cooperative Pool. A non profit pool for the communal goods.  (Read 1491 times)
enric (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:47:15 PM

Hello!

I want to introduce a proposal that I called  a cooperative pool , that its a non profit  pool of cryptocurrency miners whose benefits would go not to individuals but would be used to generate self-managed and non-profit projects for the communal goods. We could try to get donations from the mining hardware through the cryptocurrency community to reduce startup costs and increase the benefit of the community.

I perceive this project as a way to multiply the impact of fundraise communty projects and to do a great link between bitcoin world and social/self manegement world, because this project would create a dynamic process  that would allow generate  the task of creating multiple local solidarity organizations in the world of cryptocurrencies.

I browsed the internet and have not found anything similar.

The project could be international in scope, through territorial nodes, generating funds to manage locally via these nodes and to promote alternative and communitarian economies in the locality.
The territorial node would be in turn, the political responsible of the projects funded by this cooperative pool in its area and should therefore include a number of people and function through direct participation
Each territorial node would bring together the greatest number of hardware resources to search for the ones located in private homes and at the same time the ones in the very headquarters of the projects that need funding. The territorial node would be the responsible to validate new miners to become part of its node, while validating at the same time the projects.

As example i am involved in to create a local node in Catalonia supported with people involved in Cooperativa Integral Catalana http://autonomies.org/en/2013/03/revolution-from-below-coopertiva-integral-catalan/

Also will be a global cooperative that could involve miners that don't have a local node to be involved, and will be projects to support at the global level.

All the cooperative (global + local nodes) would decide about the more general questions,
for example:
- To trust in local groups to generate a local node
- cryptocurrencies supported
- About organize a common event
- and so on

I hope to meet here people with technical expertise to develop the cooperative pool.

we need for the first beginning some taks to do.
- one wordpress page to explaind and promote it? (and a subdomains for every node?)
- one call for participate with nodes and hash involvement.
- one call for hardware donation for minning + has
- to install a pool software (some people proposed p2pool)

The project could include
- crypto's currencies donations
-voluntary computing donations
-hash power donations
- hardware donations
We need to create a working group to begin the process at the global level. So, with this missage i would ask for people that would be involved.

pd: the project  has already posted in freicoin forum, getting already some support:
http://www.freicoin.org/a-cooperative-pool-to-generate-self-managed-projects-t340-20.html

waiting for replies!

Enric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: