Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:25:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if all those Fund houses dump all their Bitcoins?  (Read 1580 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:02:08 PM

I see. So I presume these off the grid/exchanges won't affect or move the price much.

Nope. That's the whole point. Stock markets do the same thing too. Check out dark pools. Some of the bitcoin exchanges maintain them themselves.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

A VC is not just going to dump most of their coins on some exchange. It will be done off chain. Also, VCs are used to long windows of time. It's not some 5x your money and get out while you can sort of thing.

tend to agree with this statement. A VC is going to want to make as much as possible. If they off load a lot at once and the price went down it could eat their margins signifigantly
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:13:41 AM

What is causing this price crash? Has the chinese dumped their coins?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:39:09 AM

We cannot determined yet because there is really no news that is something bad happen within the community, we don't know who is playing with the price, but one thing is certain, the price will increase nearing the halving this july.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 09:58:18 AM

We cannot determined yet because there is really no news that is something bad happen within the community, we don't know who is playing with the price, but one thing is certain, the price will increase nearing the halving this july.
I agree with you. Many hold bitcoin for now because of halving. I hope that it will rise again as expected in July.
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 02:07:31 PM

I agree with you. Many hold bitcoin for now because of halving. I hope that it will rise again as expected in July.

I believe greed may cost us more. When it was 750, we hesitated to sell. When it was 1000 few years ago, many hesitated to sell too.

We need to set a price that we will sell to gain profit in fiat.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 02:12:52 PM

Theirs no doubt that many people are still holding for now and still waiting for halving and i think the really big question there is what will happen to price of bitcoin if the hashocean owner sell all their coins? Possibilities it can make the bitcoin price down since they got a lot volume of btc in their pocket now, so thats why we need to be attaintive to monitor so we cannot be left behind on dumping stage of bitcoins price.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Altcoinmoney

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:49:28 PM

How do you mean dump al their coins do you think they are going to dump their coins for nothing or just sell them for money.
Because dumping for nothing will never happen if they sell them the price of bitcoin will rise allot!
Ismay

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:55:24 PM

I hope those Fund houses dump all their bitcoins, now. I will buy a lot when the price drops. I will buy 4 times more when the price is $150.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:10:57 PM

I vaguely remember there were a few fund houses or venture capitalists who bought Bitcoins aggressively. Remember the silkroad case - The Marshals auctioned away the confiscated coins. What about the Bitcoins that were recovered when Law enforcement intervened? The Feds auction away those coins too.

These coins were bought up by VCs or fund houses.

What if they were to dump those coins out in the market, now?
There is no reason for them to sell all bitcoin they have, bitcoin is being good stable asset for few of those who holds. And it will be quite foolish to think all bitcoin that has been bought in those auctions will goto market in one go and next to the auction day. All those bitcoin are usually bought by strong believer in bitcoin.

CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:17:09 PM

Looks like they are dumping at the moment...
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

If they have a lot of coins they want to sell, they would slowly liquidate them.
Dumping the coins in the market only hurts them.
That sounds as some expert opinion. I think it will happen the same like you say. It is too risky for all to dump coins and noone who is enough smart will make it.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:01:36 PM

That isn't shit to the honest. We are on a 10 billion marketcap. Sure, it's tiny compared to gold, but it's enough to absorb sellouts. Unless a big billionaire guy wants to dump, we are safe from market crashes.
Ismay

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:10:49 PM

That isn't shit to the honest. We are on a 10 billion marketcap. Sure, it's tiny compared to gold, but it's enough to absorb sellouts. Unless a big billionaire guy wants to dump, we are safe from market crashes.

I think there are many people on the side lines and wait for the dump of the bitcoin. When there is a dump, they will buy.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 03:43:54 PM

According to law of demand and supply the price of bitcoins will fall down with the rate of correlation. Although this is not practically possible at this moment, if we are discussing it as a theoretical case then the possibilities are

1) Thunder Storm –
As ‘All’ houses are doing it at a time there will be direct impact on the price of coins. It will be thunderstorm in crypto currency world.

2) Upward Trend –
In my opinion after huge fall there will be aggressive upward trend in the value of bitcoin, there are too many people who are waiting for a solid opportunity.

3) Goodwill –
Although such incident might affect goodwill but on the other hand it will bring more people in. Eventually there will be increase in number of users using not only bitcoins but also crypto currencies.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:26:47 AM

I vaguely remember there were a few fund houses or venture capitalists who bought Bitcoins aggressively. Remember the silkroad case - The Marshals auctioned away the confiscated coins. What about the Bitcoins that were recovered when Law enforcement intervened? The Feds auction away those coins too.

These coins were bought up by VCs or fund houses.

What if they were to dump those coins out in the market, now?

Bitcoin price will go up in a short moment, since those bitcoins will be placed in a bidding. In a bidding the price will sure exceed the current price and with the large volume of bitcoins being auctioned the price will soar high. Since it will not last long and it will return to its current price then we must search for any announcement if there will be an auction since that is the best time to sell our bitcoins in the higher price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: