Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCjam Loan] - 200 BTC - 4.25% - 60 days  (Read 1238 times)
MAC (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:01:33 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 05:25:05 AM by MAC

Please see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153595.0

Thanks,
MAC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3052

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 07:44:26 PM

If you are looking for a solid place to invest your coins here is a link to my loan

btcJam profile

450 BTC @ 3.25% - 90 Term

I have a great re-payment record.

Thanks,
MAC

What makes you so solid of a place to invest $20,000? 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MAC (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 09:04:57 PM

My reputation and payment history are solid. Which, on BTCjam, it's all you have. I have verified everything possible and do have a solid history. I have nothing to hide and have other private funding sources available to me as well. In addition I have my own coin and do also have plenty of assets to back up my loans if there ever were to be a problem.

Thanks, and best of luck to you...

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 09:10:29 PM

My reputation and payment history are solid. Which, on BTCjam, it's all you have. I have verified everything possible and do have a solid history. I have nothing to hide and have other private funding sources available to me as well. In addition I have my own coin and do also have plenty of assets to back up my loans if there ever were to be a problem.

Thanks, and best of luck to you...

Absolute verification of who you are will not stop you from refusing to pay back the loan, either on purpose or as a result of an accident, bad investment or other disaster.  $20,000 is the right amount of money to gamble on someone actually taking you to court over it.  No one has done that yet.

Just my two cents.   Lips sealed

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MAC (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 09:20:41 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 09:52:46 PM by MAC

You are correct that 20k is worth going to court over. But I am not here to screw anybody and I won't default on my debt. So from my perspective I am not worried about anything.

If it doesn't fund I'll re-list the loan for a lesser amount. The great thing about BTCjam is that multiple people can collectively help each other out by contributing to the loan what they have or feel comfortable with. I tried to get this loan last week and it didn't work.

I understand that the price is way up and because of that I doubt it will fund either. I may end up having to reach in my own pocket. But, if there are enough people out there looking to place some of their hard earned coins for a profit than they are welcome to invest in the loan.

Thanks for discussing this with me. I do appreciate your opinion and input.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:53:39 AM

what a crappy return rate. im offering 8% on 22LTC for someone in 2 months

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

I agree. Your loan rates are all over the place. It appears you offered much larger returns to build your reputation dropped them now that you have some built up. I'm really surprised your BTC300 was funded tbh.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:22:31 PM

I agree. Your loan rates are all over the place. It appears you offered much larger returns to build your reputation dropped them now that you have some built up. I'm really surprised your BTC300 was funded tbh.

$300 not bitcoins LOL

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 09:23:21 PM

He's in the trust building stage of his Ponzi.

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:24:02 PM

haha you guys are hilarious

ask Eisenhower34, I showed him SOME of my balance sheets
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=23622

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:26:20 PM

haha you guys are hilarious

ask Eisenhower34, I showed him SOME of my balance sheets
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=23622

Haha, I was refering to Mac, 420. I was looking over his past loans on btcjam. Pretty sure I wouldn't be working with you if i didn't trust you  Tongue

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 12:41:30 AM

I don't understand why you have 300 BTC loan and a 450 BTC loan going at the same time.  Personally, I don't think your loan history adds up to me trusting that you will pay back 750 BTC.  

You do have a positive loan history, with a 150 BTC, 100 BTC, 50 BTC, and smaller loans paid back. So far you have paid out a little over 14 BTC in interest.  The way I see it, you could run off with 736 BTC of "profit" (read = scammed) very easily and make quite a bit of money given the current trading price.

I did however, invest in you 10 BTC loan which i'm sure you will pay back that way it doesn't look bad and push people away from the bigger loans.

Oh and plus your post count here is almost as low as mine. I wouldn't expect anyone on this board to lend me a single BTC given my lack of participation in the forum.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:07:09 AM

MAC is legit. He's a trusted borrower on the secret ”other” site. (Don't PM me about it)

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:24:35 AM

MAC is legit. He's a trusted borrower on the secret ”other” site. (Don't PM me about it)
He's a trusted borrower according to a few people, but there is still the risk of him running with the coins.
MAC (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:15:24 PM

Yes my rates were higher initially in order to get some smaller loans funded and to establish a reputation. They seem to be all over the place because I slowly have built them up.

As for my return, it's per month! not per term of the loan. I am paying less because I am established and trusted and honestly could come up with the funds myself if I had to.

I repaid 273 bitcoins in the last few days to my investors on BTCjam. When those loans were taken out the investors would have paid anywhere from 11-13 per coin. So they made a considerable return on their investment.

If I were a scammer I would not have repaid those loans. The 300btc loan currently active has two payments left on it. So, technically I have only 200 borrowed right now.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 02:36:29 PM

If I were a scammer I would not have repaid those loans.

Simply not true.  Scammers will sometimes repay original loans to gain trust for larger loans which they will not pay back.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75742.0

MAC (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 06:55:20 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 05:19:03 AM by MAC

I appreciate the feedback you've all provided. I did delete the loan and re-listed for only 200btc @ 4.25% and reduced the loan duration from 90 days to 60 days. If it funds on the 20th I will only have had half the funds for three weeks as the first payment will be due on the tenth of the following month. This essentially means the the first months return is closer to 5.6% on the first half of the borrowed amount. I did state a bit more of what I am doing with the coins borrowed as well (I fund this to btcQuick).

I understand that the people on the forum are very skeptical and are unlikely to loan to me for that reason. I still felt like I should update this thread so you all knew what I was doing, and why.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:30:04 AM

Might want to update the link in the OP? I like BTCJAM's 404 error page through Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: