Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: funding mtgox GBP  (Read 1563 times)
bullioner (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:50:38 PM

Last year when I bought a load of coins, I funded mtgox via a direct bank transfer in GBP.  Now I go to Funding Options in my account, and there is only an international wire option.  Is it really not possible to fund gox in GBP via BACS?  What are other people doing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 11:03:42 PM

Unfortunately, Barclays shafted Mt Gox (K. K. Tibanne Ltd) last September and closed their feeder account. Clearly, the situation has not been resolved since then.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 03:40:57 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2013, 03:57:28 AM by moni3z

Last year when I bought a load of coins, I funded mtgox via a direct bank transfer in GBP.  Now I go to Funding Options in my account, and there is only an international wire option.  Is it really not possible to fund gox in GBP via BACS?  What are other people doing?

use xe.com

FPS/BACS is free and they receive FPS transfers same day.
Xe converts the money to USD tho, so you lose out a bit on the conversion but not by much. Prob a better rate than the gox bank charges. They pay out gox with EFT, so if you use FPS odds are you will get your gox account credited in 1-2days if gox is paying attention to transfers and all goes well. Can also convert it to Euro and use the Polish bank, probably faster than the Japanese bank.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:37:33 AM

They pay out gox with EFT, so if you use FPS odds are you will get your gox account credited in 1-2days if gox is paying attention to transfers and all goes well. Can also convert it to Euro and use the Polish bank, probably faster than the Japanese bank.

I'ld read where international wire transfers to Mt. Gox needed to come from your own account, and not from some financial intermediary.  I don't know how closely they monitor and reject transactions when that isn't the case.

Similar to XE.com for this is TransferWise and CurrencyFair. 

With TransferWise, for instance, the TransferWise account can be funded with GBPs and then convert to EUR.  BITSTAMP is an exchange that accepts EUR SEPA transfers.  You can even fund a TransferWise account with a bank debit card,

In the UK there is also
 - http://www.bitbargain.co.uk

You can send cash (GBP) in the mail to www.bitcoinnordic.com in Denmark.
 - http://www.BitcoinNordic.com

You can also go through Blockchain.info using Faster Payments:
 - https://blockchain.info/wallet/deposit-bank-transfer
or Pingit:
 - https://blockchain.info/wallet/deposit-pingit

Bitcoin Fridge is temporarily not selling but said would resume next month:
 - http://www.BitcoinFridge.co.uk

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 01:25:35 PM

I also buy / sell mtgox codes with a flat 5% fee.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
bullioner (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:07:44 PM

Unfortunately, Barclays shafted Mt Gox (K. K. Tibanne Ltd) last September and closed their feeder account. Clearly, the situation has not been resolved since then.

Does anyone know what Mt Gox were paying Barclays per transaction (FPS / BACS)?  Was it 20p per transaction, or was it zero?
astutiumRob

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:59:04 AM

Does anyone know what Mt Gox were paying Barclays per transaction (FPS / BACS)?  Was it 20p per transaction, or was it zero?
If it was a business account, anything from zero to £1.20 depending on volume, account type, account age etc

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:34:30 AM

Can help fo less then 3%

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138876.msg1629784#msg1629784

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: