Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which are you?
Hodl to Spend (Type 1) - 63 (54.8%)
Hodl to Sell (Type 2) - 52 (45.2%)
Total Voters: 115

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Two types of Bitcoiners, Which are you?  (Read 11207 times)
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 01:38:14 PM

Type 1, "I cant wait for the price of Bitcoin to rise so I can buy a new Lamborghini with my Bitcoin."

Type 2
, "I cant wait for the price of Bitcoin to rise so I can sell my bitcoin and buy a new Lamborghini."

(Just want to clarify that the car isn't important in these two statements, but rather the Spend VS Sell)

all the same. nothing different at all. in essence when we get bitcoin prices are rising then we'll make a trade bitcoin to the local currency, the money was used to buy the things we want.

Yeah, it's something very amazing and true. because I see all the people who use the bitcoin is they are just leveraging price bitcoin, so everyone will surely have 2 type you mentioned. Nothing is impossible in the bitcoin, leading to a growing number of investors who joined in the bitcoin growth become more wonderful
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 01:43:51 PM

Most users have quoted that they wish to make a purchase directly than converting to fiat and going for a purchase. Right now only grown countries have got the type 1 access, so possibly we third world country users need to wait for years to get such access as direct bitcoin acceptance is very low compared to grown countries.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 01:50:59 PM

I think both is the same. but the little difference, whether you want to buy directly with bitcoin or convert it first into a fiat and then you buy Lamborghini. if the choice could buy with bitcoin, I'll buy directly with bitcoin, because of course it will be very easy transactions use bitcoin.
BiTZeD

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:11:23 PM

For now, I'm type 2, because the possibilities for me to spend my bitcoins in the areas I'm interested in are quite rare.

Aamir1

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:49:23 PM

Type 1, "I cant wait for the price of Bitcoin to rise so I can buy a new Lamborghini with my Bitcoin."

Type 2
, "I cant wait for the price of Bitcoin to rise so I can sell my bitcoin and buy a new Lamborghini."

(Just want to clarify that the car isn't important in these two statements, but rather the Spend VS Sell)

all the same. nothing different at all. in essence when we get bitcoin prices are rising then we'll make a trade bitcoin to the local currency, the money was used to buy the things we want.

Selling bitcoins is obviously spending them as well but i guess OP means buying things directly with bitcoins by spending here, as in that sense they would be different because selling bitcoins would mean exchanging them while spending bitcoin would mean buying things with bitcoins.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:09:14 PM

I don't think there is a difference between the OP choices in terms of using bitcoin.  They are both categorized as spending them.  But one thing is for sure.  On the latter choice, you choose to pay the third party processor a processing fee by converting your bitcoin to fiat money.  But well, we all need the money because at this point of Bitcoin there are too few stores to spend bitcoin especially when it comes to buying our basic needs.
arancra

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 04:19:35 PM

I cant wait too. Because i have not enough bitcoin to buy a Lamborghini or another car. I need money to buy my daily needs, and i convert my bitcoins to local currency. If i become rich one day, i can invest bitcoin for waiting the price to rise.

▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
                     ▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
                   ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▄▄ ▀▄

▄▀          ██  ██       ▀█▄ ▀▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████████▄▄███████▀███████████████▄ █████████ ███████████████
▄████████▀█████████████▀  █████    ▀██████   █████        █████
    █████  ▀██████████▀   █████    ▄█████▀   █████        █████
    █████    ██████████   ██████████████▄    █████        █████
    █████  ▄██████████▄   █████    ▀██████   █████        █████
    █████▄█████████████▄  █████    ▄██████   █████        █████
    ████████████▀▀███████▄███████████████▀ █████████      █████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀
                             ██  ██       ▄█▀ ▄▀
                       ▀▄▄             ▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
                          ▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
                                ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 05:01:44 PM

Type 2 is fit for me I don't have huge amount of coins to make my dreams come true, than it would be perfect for me to keep hold my amount and keep me on waiting to get more higher price for each bitcoin, still huge potential exist behind the scene to take more high value for each coin.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:10:27 PM

I prefer to sell them rather then spending them, and I don't have many choices to spend it so I convert it to my local currency and then spend.
I hold it for a long term but in the end I will sell it. I think the same thing as you, we don't have many choices to spend bitcoin as it is instead of exchange it into fiat money and spend,  but it's just a same thing right? Whether you hold bitcoin for sell or spend as bitcoin, depend on option offered.
subham1

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:23:34 PM

I prefer to sell them rather then spending them, and I don't have many choices to spend it so I convert it to my local currency and then spend.
I hold it for a long term but in the end I will sell it. I think the same thing as you, we don't have many choices to spend bitcoin as it is instead of exchange it into fiat money and spend,  but it's just a same thing right? Whether you hold bitcoin for sell or spend as bitcoin, depend on option offered.
Its same for most of us here all,we cannot spend our bitcoins is most places,infact in no places offline.So i also rather sell them and use them in fiat to buy things in real life.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:27:02 PM

I don't really know if I fit into either of those specific categories to be honest, I've spent my Bitcoin after waiting for the value to go up and I've exchanged my Bitcoin after waiting for the value to go up. It all depends on your goals I guess. Not a whole lot of explanation otherwise for anyone who fits in between those categories or whatever.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:29:54 PM

Basically both but since majority of the Bitcoins is what I Hold to spend, I have given my vote for it in the poll. I like holding Bitcoins for a long time and have been doing so mostly to see if I can find something to spend it on. This also helps the Bitcoin economy and the price if you spend Bitcoins rather than sell them. Always remember if you spend Bitcoins you're circulating it in the Bitcoin ecospace and thus creating more push for the price since its value increases.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:43:29 PM

Its same for most of us here all,we cannot spend our bitcoins is most places,infact in no places offline.So i also rather sell them and use them in fiat to buy things in real life.
Well for now we can buy some online using bitcoin to ship in our country.. this is good right now since i already tested just few bucks in bitcoin in buying a old game console ps 1 with rebate from purse io . unlike before that there is no or they are just fewer stores online are accepting it..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
KevinAce

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 07:50:51 PM

3: Just using Bitcoin as an intermediary to accept payments on my site. Too scary to hold any significant amount of BTC over time.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:08:05 PM

Type 2

I don't have a lot of choices to spend my bitcoin regarding to a few of online stores accepted bitcoin and none in real world accept it for now.
I prefer to wait for the price of bitcoin to rise so I can sell my bitcoin and spend it as fiat money.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:13:28 PM

For now, I'm type 2, because the possibilities for me to spend my bitcoins in the areas I'm interested in are quite rare.
I think you're not alone here mate, there are many people doing the same thing like you, I think this is not the fault of us. if bitcoin is more accepted in many merchants and we have the convenience of spending bitcoin, of course we will use bitcoin, but the situation is different?
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:24:16 AM

I think I'm the first type. I've bought some gadgets and I also purchased other types of currencies or balance in various companies/websites. I can't say that I'm the second type even though I would likely become one because I haven't sold any bitcoins into fiat yet. I just use bitcoin as payment since most of my transactions are conducted online anyway.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:50:57 AM

Im the type of person that my earnings is always on hold when the price is high i always sell them every weekend nor weekdays i just want to have a fair profit or big profits when it comes of bitcoin because im working hard on it and i want to have a big money to spend when it comes in physical things.
CaptainKid

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:02:18 PM

Type 2

Type 2, "I cant wait for the price of Bitcoin to rise so I can sell my bitcoin and buy a new Lamborghini."
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 09:43:54 PM

I don't think there is a difference between the OP choices in terms of using bitcoin.  They are both categorized as spending them.  But one thing is for sure.  On the latter choice, you choose to pay the third party processor a processing fee by converting your bitcoin to fiat money.  But well, we all need the money because at this point of Bitcoin there are too few stores to spend bitcoin especially when it comes to buying our basic needs.

Also, Type 2 leaves a more significant paper trail than Type 1.  There may be more advantages to the Type 1 transaction category for those who prefer "off-grid" banking options.  It's those type of personalities which are attracted to bitcoin....those "dark money" type of individuals that can meet out more advantageous positions by going "dark."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: