Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:41:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the dao was a scam  (Read 2932 times)
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:34:25 PM

The DAO was a concept and an experiment in new ways to look at an organization/corporation.  It was not meant to be a pump and dump for traders.  Would be investors were warned of this.  99% of the current global business world does not want this concept to succeed therefore it was "attacked".

I love Bitcoin
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:17:32 PM

A highly-skilled, planned, co-ordinated scam from everyone's pals in the Ethereum team.  The whole scenario is so blatantly obvious, and everyone eats it all up while continuing to throw money at Vitalik and his gang of eastern-european fraudsters  Smiley
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:58:37 PM

A highly-skilled, planned, co-ordinated scam from everyone's pals in the Ethereum team.  The whole scenario is so blatantly obvious, and everyone eats it all up while continuing to throw money at Vitalik and his gang of eastern-european fraudsters  Smiley

I do not think so. The Ethereum is in continuous development. It also follows the advice from the community.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:15:36 PM

Exactly! While we can never know for sure, I find it odd that such a serious exploit was found but never fixed, and subsequently abused. It's a red herring. See, we knew about this problem but we didn't think it was serious... Is a no brainier that if they were aware of this vulnerability, there was too much risk to move forward until it was fixed.
varusisog

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:25:53 AM

Exactly! While we can never know for sure, I find it odd that such a serious exploit was found but never fixed, and subsequently abused. It's a red herring. See, we knew about this problem but we didn't think it was serious... Is a no brainier that if they were aware of this vulnerability, there was too much risk to move forward until it was fixed.

I hope the Ethereum developers can learn from this lesson and develop more robust programs in the future.
BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:42:51 AM

The core Ethereum team could not release anything better than a command prompt.   Roll Eyes

Ethereum is only as strong as its' secondary developers, caught up in the Ethereum-scam media hype and excitement, who contributed countless unpaid hours to make it what is today.  Ethereum was truly a "CryptoForNoobs" Doge V2 but more aimed at developers.  Hopefully those developers regret their time in Ethereum and will move onto more authentic projects.  Smiley   Lots of people have already left Ethereum after launch.
dumada

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:44:09 AM

A Chinese company called WanXiang Group invested 0.5 million dollars in to Ethereum late last year, it might still make some profit out of its investment.
EssentialCoin

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:38:58 AM

A Chinese company called WanXiang Group invested 0.5 million dollars in to Ethereum late last year, it might still make some profit out of its investment.

The price they bought with the Ethereum is about $1.2 each. But that funds is mainly used to support the development.

▄▄████████▄▄
  ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
 ▄█▀   ▄████▄   ▀█▄               ▄▄██████▄▄
▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄             ▄█▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀█▄
██     ▀████▀     ██            ▄█▀  ████  ▀█▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██            ██    ▀▀    ██
██    ████████    ██            ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ▄█▀
▀█▄  ██████████  ▄█▀             ▀█▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀████████▀ ▄█▀               ████████▀▀
  ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄██▀               ██
    ▀▀████████▀▀██▄             ██
                 ▀██ ▄▄██████▄▄██
                   ███▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀██▄
                  ▄█▀   ████   ▀█▄
                  ██    ▀██▀    ██
                  ██    ▄▄▄▄    ██
                  ▀█▄  ██████  ▄█▀
                   ▀██▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄██▀
                     ▀▀██████▀▀
REPME

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██
TRANSPARENT LINKING & SOCIAL RECRUITING WILL
DOMINATE THE GLOBAL HR INDUSTRY
will on fire

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:48:52 AM

What a crap, dao has been collapsed, but now price go up. Its amazing bull shit
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:30:50 PM

What a crap, dao has been collapsed, but now price go up. Its amazing bull shit
dao will be converted in ETH, since the price of ETH was going up, people are thinking it's a good idea to buy some DAO to get cheap ETH and if people are buying, then the price tends to go up.
i think this is going to end bad....... eth is probably going down.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:51:30 PM

I don't think it was a scam to begin with... however, it exploit was just right for that to happen. Of course that if there's an exploit there will always someone taking advantage of it!
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:56:15 PM

If they are the owners of DAO, and they got money for that DAO, and after it failed then I think they should have to take the responsibility of the lose and have to pay back the users their money, it is the justice in that case.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:07:09 PM

I don't think it was a scam to begin with... however, it exploit was just right for that to happen. Of course that if there's an exploit there will always someone taking advantage of it!

I'm still on the fence on if it was an inside job. I think someone inside told someone outside about the vulnerability, and is expecting a cut of that short. But the level of technical sophistication is amazing, it is almost as if someone where sitting on this, waiting to exploit it. Too major to be a passive discovery.
Ultrabat

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:37:33 AM

I'm still on the fence on if it was an inside job. I think someone inside told someone outside about the vulnerability, and is expecting a cut of that short. But the level of technical sophistication is amazing, it is almost as if someone where sitting on this, waiting to exploit it. Too major to be a passive discovery.

The vulnability was known before the hack. There was discussion in some forums. The developers thought it was not a big problem.

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:30:54 AM

Possible insider suggests Ethereum foundation is a mess , and EThereum is doomed-

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/source-ethereum-insiders-believe-dao-hack-inside-job/
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:26:20 AM

Possible insider suggests Ethereum foundation is a mess , and EThereum is doomed-

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/source-ethereum-insiders-believe-dao-hack-inside-job/

This is the picture I am seeing as well. From the start, their project was far too ambitious, creating an attack surface far too large to go uncompromised. Unfortunately this article doesn't tell us any real facts, but if I were part of the ETH foundation, I would be very worried about my legal liabilities.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dumada

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 11:38:27 AM

People are buying with Ethereum, both ETC and ETH using the bitcoin. The volume is high. Why doomed?
Ultrabat

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:20:07 AM

People are buying with Ethereum, both ETC and ETH using the bitcoin. The volume is high. Why doomed?

I think the Ethereum will survive. It might survive in two forms, the ETH or ETC, or only one of the two.

raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:00:37 PM

after that 4 pages audit before the release and that "white hat attack", i'm pretty sure it was a scam... the dao hacker was an insider... and vitalik was probably working with them.
kobilica

Activity: 280
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:34:42 PM

DAO was promising project but it failed because of security hole. Life sucks sometimes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: