Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395409 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:36:01 PM

Is it possible to put a color on these coins so that they can not be spent?

ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF 

Those are my coins that Minergate hacked my computer and stole. 

Account ID:   ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF
Numeric Account ID:   9712859053552026968
Balance:   113,028 ARDR
Available Balance:   113,028 ARDR
Guaranteed Balance:   0 ARDR
Effective Balance:   0 ARDR
Forged Balance:   0 ARDR
Public Key:   d6e73da0c6098f4547e71225a2989697c6c2bdd0a6770d31a59e6879e850af0d
Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available
Paper Wallet:   Print

fuck!

but why do you think it was minergate?

I KNOW it was minergate.  They are the ones who put a virus on my computer.   They put keylogger on and they knew I was on to them and they stole my coins while I was at work. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 12:21:36 AM

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

I KNOW it was minergate.  They are the ones who put a virus on my computer.   They put keylogger on and they knew I was on to them and they stole my coins while I was at work. 

I doubt that anything can be done, but just maybe Jelurida can flag those coins if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt (this would probably involve official legal proof like from a judge).

coininvestor

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:33:10 AM

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

I doubt that anything can be done, but just maybe Jelurida can flag those coins if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt (this would probably involve official legal proof like from a judge).

And how the hell would I do that?
coininvestor

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:09:21 AM

I would say that the crypto experiment has failed.  Not because my coins were stolen with a simple key logger, but because there is no honor in the crypto space.  The internet seems to bring out the best and worst in people.  Money or the idea of money brings out the worst in people.   The idea of decentralization would be admirable if it were accompanied by honorable users.  Money and honor can not co-exist apparently.  So what do you end up with?  A club of users hoarding coins, thinking those coins are worth something simply because a small minority of users are willing to trade a small minority of the coins for an inflated value.  The truth is that if everyone decided not to trade then we would see the real value of these coins which is ZERO.  The only thing required to give the coin value is some sucker to trade his coins for value and now all of the sudden the entire network suddenly has value.   I'm not trying to spread FUD about crypto.  Crypto is not the problem.  People are the problem. As long as people are willing to act dishonorably then Crypto will fail.  ARDR is a good coin but at the end of the day it is just a computer software program that took a year or two to code.  It is not worth a billion dollars.  Maybe it is some coder's pet project, their baby.  That is admirable. The talent is admirable. But if users put that kind of price tag on a software network of thieves then they deserve to get scammed IMHO.  So what?  My 113,000 coins had perceived value.  Not to me.  I know their true worth.  Zero, because I choose zero.   

Word to the wise.  If you want to be rich, then read a book, or go outside and go hiking.  Get away from the computer.  Wealth is in the mind.   Kiss  Kiss Kiss

Good-bye!!!
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 03:38:01 AM

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

You would have to analyze/decompile the minergate binaries and prove that it does something suspicious. It's also probable that some other infection in your system is the culprit. I hope that eventually there is support for Ardor and Ignis from one of the major bitcoin hardware wallet providers. That would solve the theft problem. In the meantime what you can do to protect yourself is run the wallet software on Linux within a virtual environment (Vmware, Virtualbox). Also make sure your wallet passphrase is sufficiently strong and always clear your computer's clipboard if you copy/paste your passphrase. You can google how to do this. Whatever you copy remains in your computer's clipboard until you restart the machine.

Security is always the biggest "Achilles's heel" with crypto. We are in the early stages of the crypto revolution and as always all revolutions are messy and it always leaves a pile of victims behind.

coininvestor

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:17:34 AM

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

You would have to analyze/decompile the minergate binaries and prove that it does something suspicious. It's also probable that some other infection in your system is the culprit. I hope that eventually there is support for Ardor and Ignis from one of the major bitcoin hardware wallet providers. That would solve the theft problem. In the meantime what you can do to protect yourself is run the wallet software on Linux within a virtual environment (Vmware, Virtualbox). Also make sure your wallet passphrase is sufficiently strong and always clear your computer's clipboard if you copy/paste your passphrase. You can google how to do this. Whatever you copy remains in your computer's clipboard until you restart the machine.

Security is always the biggest "Achilles's heel" with crypto. We are in the early stages of the crypto revolution and as always all revolutions are messy and it always leaves a pile of victims behind.

That is above my skill level.  Whatever the infection it is self replicating.  You remove it then you scan and it comes back.  It started with minergate.  Maybe it was the removal tool I used.  Who knows?  If Minergate had been simple to remove then we would not be having this conversation.     
chenjl84

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:23:47 AM

ARDOR, a coin project from the NXT future, is also great, but it can't be divided into a fire chain and only in the future money purse. The fire chain may be very strong in the future, and free chips can consider how to do it!
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:31:44 AM

How do you know for sure that you are on the mainnet and not the testnet?
I'm asking because the checkbox under "Device Settings" was checked even tough I specified that I wanted to use the mainnet during the wallet installation process...I have been able to send 1 ARDR to someone on this forum, so it must be OK.

I having a similar problem. I can't log into my Ardor account because it says I'm connected to the testnet, despite the fact that I specifically chose no to the testnet.
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:29:42 AM

I have to say that using Ardor has not been a pleasure. Might have to waste time installing Windows on a virtual machine to see if that helps.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:55 AM

How do you know for sure that you are on the mainnet and not the testnet?
I'm asking because the checkbox under "Device Settings" was checked even tough I specified that I wanted to use the mainnet during the wallet installation process...I have been able to send 1 ARDR to someone on this forum, so it must be OK.

I having a similar problem. I can't log into my Ardor account because it says I'm connected to the testnet, despite the fact that I specifically chose no to the testnet.

You installed on windows? Check your nxt.properties file in the conf directory. In there can also be a line that  activates testnet.
Try maybe deleting(or temporarily renaming) the file, and see if it helps.
trinketmage

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:37:24 AM

Gotta say what bugs me about Ardor is that there is no way to set up a 2FA for the wallet. That sucks, in particular if you have a lot of coins like that unfortunate fella. In Crypto, you cannot be neurotic enough, and even then you could fall into a trap
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:08:33 AM

Gotta say what bugs me about Ardor is that there is no way to set up a 2FA for the wallet. That sucks, in particular if you have a lot of coins like that unfortunate fella. In Crypto, you cannot be neurotic enough, and even then you could fall into a trap

There is account control straight in the core: http://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Account_Control
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

There is account control straight in the core: http://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Account_Control

If I set this up for the ARDOR wallet will it allow it to forge?
RubenBC

Activity: 394
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:36:43 PM

First newsly of the year
https://www.nxter.org/nxt-news-january-2018-i/

Enjoy the read

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:55:32 PM

Sure. Account control has no relation to forging, it's a multisig on blockchain, no 3rd party involved.
CryptoGreenT

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:11:35 PM

First newsly of the year
https://www.nxter.org/nxt-news-january-2018-i/

Enjoy the read

Thanks for the news this is great to hear! ARDOR blockchain is online! Can't wait to see new projects born on the child chain of Ardor!

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:09:52 PM

Sure. Account control has no relation to forging, it's a multisig on blockchain, no 3rd party involved.

Exchanges say the trade of ardor will open till everything ok. When ?
chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

Exchanges say the trade of ardor will open till everything ok. When ?
Good question. Not sure but I hope soon. I feel we are losing out on some good gains by sitting like this. They said it is up and stable now so hopefully soon. Should be a nice upward spike right away too.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

Selling 4383 ARDR @ 13000 Satoshi .. Will also accept BCH or ETH.

Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:03:34 PM

How do I migrate my NXT account to the ARDOR blockchain ?!

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: