Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:09:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: thinking about Guns is illegal?????? Americans  (Read 1148 times)
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:07:50 PM

http://www.infowars.com/student-suspended-for-thinking-of-gun-satire/

seriously if thinking about guns casues this much trouble maybe we should write American off as a whole

im from the UK (not perfect but not on the borderline of stupidity)

i know alots gone on with guns but its your own damn faults for allowing the general population to have them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:16:09 PM

“I just drew two or three concentric circles and some lines,” said the student, arguing she was “just doodling” in defense of her artwork. “The teacher walked up behind me and freaked out. He grabbed my paper and showed it to everyone in the class yelling for them to get down under their desks. I was so scared. I might never draw again.”

I'm pretty sure this is just for jokes Grin

fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 07:17:19 PM

seriously if thinking about guns casues this much trouble maybe we should write American off as a whole

i know alots gone on with guns but its your own damn faults for allowing the general population to have them

The article is satire, and thus the story is fiction. This is stated at the bottom of the article, as well as in the title. (Satire).
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 07:18:18 PM

Thing is, if it weren't for allowing the general populace to have guns, there wouldn't be a United States of America.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:22:22 PM

it still wouldn't surprise me if it was true XD

there seems to be all sorts or crap laws getting in all around the world

should have noticed its from infowars to XD

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:23:08 PM

Oh god.  The people in the comments.

I'm convinced.  People will believe anything.  I'm going to go bury myself, anyone wanna help?

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:34:02 PM

I'm convinced.  People will believe anything.  I'm going to go bury myself, anyone wanna help?

ill help can i have your bitcoins after Cheesy

myrkul

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 07:50:22 PM

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 10:25:21 PM

LOL This is a joke, seems to be a bit like Onion News Network actually Cheesy

The sad part is though a lot of teachers I have seen are that self-important, pompous, arrogant and patronising that they would actually pull this kind of crap, in fact I've seen news articles somewhere where they do, I should probably go find them so we can all point and laugh.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:03:40 AM

Thing is, if it weren't for allowing the general populace to have guns, there wouldn't be a United States of America.

Though possibly, if it weren't for trying not to allow the general populace to have guns, there wouldn't be a United States of America.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
vdragon

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 01:15:11 AM

+1

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
myrkul

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 02:38:13 AM

Though possibly, if it weren't for trying not to allow the general populace to have guns, there wouldn't be a United States of America.

Good point.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:18:43 PM

Good point.
I would add that a ban on guns in the USA would be the end of the USA as we know it. Here the government serves at the pleasure of an armed populace. Without guns in our hands, all other rights are subject to the whims of whoever is in power. We like the government to walk on egg shells and fear us. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 06:19:21 PM

Here the government serves at the pleasure of an armed populace. 

At this point, that's mostly an illusion. I have my doubts about even a full-on armed revolt's success at this point, and anything less is doomed to failure and being labeled as a terrorist group.

The point of the 2nd amendment was to make sure the populace had equivalent armament, and that hasn't been true for some time now.

Violent revolution has never resulted in lasting liberty anyway.

Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

The article is satire, and thus the story is fiction. This is stated at the bottom of the article, as well as in the title. (Satire).

I'm disturbed anyone would need to have it pointed out to them that this is satire
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:25:22 PM

At this point, that's mostly an illusion. I have my doubts about even a full-on armed revolt's success at this point, and anything less is doomed to failure and being labeled as a terrorist group.

The point of the 2nd amendment was to make sure the populace had equivalent armament, and that hasn't been true for some time now.

Yeah, agreed. The only way an armed revolution would work in America is if things got really bad, like "Bashar Assad" bad. That's how it's supposed to be. We don't want a revolt every election cycle, but no one could march us into the ovens Euro-style.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 07:31:01 PM

Yeah, agreed. The only way an armed revolution would work in America is if things got really bad, like "Bashar Assad" bad. That's how it's supposed to be. We don't want a revolt every election cycle, but no one could march us into the ovens Euro-style.

If you'll recall, the very first thing the Germans did was take the guns... then they started coming for the Jews and Rom.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: