Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:35:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed out of almost .33BtC from Satoshi Dice  (Read 587 times)
bitcoinice (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:08:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, if not my apologies.

So basically I transferred .30 BTC to SD and played until I was up to .33 At that time I withdrew .29 to this address:

1CKpcK1LbffQia11nPFCcgXR1RzwTjVyPU. The withdrawal ostensibly went through fine. (except that the funds were never delivered). I made another deposit to this address from the blockchain.info wallet and it went through without a hitch.

However, after I tried to transfer the remaining balance I got an orange banner telling me of an insufficient hot wallet balance (everything from .00000x available to equations like 9e-013.

Now I'm not that concerned over the .04 BTC that I couldn't transfer (although for the oldest BTC gambling site ever you'd think that they would have it figured out).

However, I am devastated that my .3BTC has vanished into the ether. I have contacted support@satoshidice.com to explain what has happened with no response.

I'm at my wits end and I literally can't afford to lose these coins. Any help/advice/etc. would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:21:13 PM

However, after I tried to transfer the remaining balance I got an orange banner telling me of an insufficient hot wallet balance (everything from .00000x available to equations like 9e-013.

hot wallet refers to the address/wallet services uses to pay their customers. sometimes hot wallet run out of bitcoins and the service will need time to refill them. so you'll just have to wait. that is unless you've waited for more than 6 hours.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 09:23:31 PM

Maybe if you post what you have on satoshidice's website could tell us a bit more.
I wouldn't expect a fast response from them, but it should come eventually.

If you're still wondering, this post would be more appropriate in the "Service discussion" section of the forum.
bitcoinice (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:24:58 PM

Thank you for the replies. I'm not really concerned about the hot wallet running out of funds (since my withdrawal for .3 BTC ostensibly went through without issue). my issue is that I withdrew .3 BTC and it never appeared.

"Maybe if you post what you have on satoshidice's website could tell us a bit more."

I'm sorry but I don't follow what you're saying. I'm not the sharpest banana Smiley. I have contacted SD support email, but is there anything else I can/should do to expedite this process?

Thanks and I will move this to service discussion.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 07:16:22 AM

Was just looking at some old threads and found out this support guy of satoshidice https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=416847. You should try conatcting him. Maybe he helps you out.  Smiley.SatoshiDice is one of the popular site. Wonder how this happened there. Anyway lets hope that you receive your coins back.
Randian Hero

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:59:23 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, if not my apologies.

So basically I transferred .30 BTC to SD and played until I was up to .33 At that time I withdrew .29 to this address:

1CKpcK1LbffQia11nPFCcgXR1RzwTjVyPU. The withdrawal ostensibly went through fine. (except that the funds were never delivered). I made another deposit to this address from the blockchain.info wallet and it went through without a hitch.

Now I'm not that concerned over the .04 BTC that I couldn't transfer (although for the oldest BTC gambling site ever you'd think that they would have it figured out).

However, I am devastated that my .3BTC has vanished into the ether. I have contacted support@satoshidice.com to explain what has happened with no response.

I'm at my wits end and I literally can't afford to lose these coins. Any help/advice/etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I could not find an email about this in the support inbox, could you PM me your email and the email used for the acccount?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: