Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf's Ethereum Kernel  (Read 5661 times)
navydude

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:02:49 AM

OK then! Just to point out that you are correct in stating no money changed hands. I was quoted much much much more than 80 dollars. I was also told that it was still being worked on. Thats why no money was sent. I do wish yall the best of luck with your new partner. Wolf0 has helped the community out a great deal from what i have read. I have just become a currency miner myself with about a 20k investment in my 9 rigs. I was hoping to make the most of the miner and get that money back asap. Im not mad just a bit disappointed is all. You are very correct saying we are all humans and we all have flaws. Wish yall the best and looking forward to future releases. Smiley Shit happens!! Time to move forward.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bradleyjay

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:05:55 AM

OK then! Just to point out that you are correct in stating no money changed hands. I was quoted much much much more than 80 dollars. I was also told that it was still being worked on. Thats why no money was sent. I do wish yall the best of luck with your new partner. Wolf0 has helped the community out a great deal from what i have read. I have just become a currency miner myself with about a 20k investment in my 9 rigs. I was hoping to make the most of the miner and get that money back asap. Im not mad just a bit disappointed is all. You are very correct saying we are all humans and we all have flaws. Wish yall the best and looking forward to future releases. Smiley Shit happens!! Time to move forward.

Yup I agree completely.  Best of luck guys.
OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:11:04 AM

Well, assuming that your exclusive deal was quite lucrative if you sold to someone with thousands of rigs... I would really hope that you do get some "Customer service", because at that price point you really should have.  And again I'm not bitching that you don't want to sell to me.  Fine no problem.  All I'm saying is that you shouldn't have offered if you weren't sure.  If you were simply gauging interest then you and wolf0's contact should have said that much.

Here's the message I received from wolf0... Doesn't exactly come across as "We're gauging interest in this and may decide to sell"... No, it pretty much says "We want to sell this to you and this is the price":
Hey! You were interested in my Ethereum miner, correct? I've decided to sell to multiple folks, since there is such a high demand.

I'm currently charging 0.0635 BTC per card - so it'd be 0.12 BTC for you.

Let me know if you're interested.

Alright, I think there is some misunderstanding.

Now, I've gone back and looked at all our messages. You and he had steady contact from June 21st to June 26th - then, I was sick (and Wolf0 busy) so I could not answer any more mails on his behalf. Then, from June 30th you contacted me, I replied, and then I was away for a few days.

Now, initially, we intended to sell to multiple parties, yes. But then, during the period of the 30th and the 4th, we were approached for an exclusive deal. Yes, we were sure we wanted to sell to multiple parties - but then shit happens. Or in this case, good things happen.

What would you prefer I do? Say, no, we won't sell it exclusively? That won't happen. My job is to ensure Wolf0 has enough funds to live happily and in comfort. An exclusive deal brings those funds. It's a no brainer.

So what would you prefer I do in the future, bradleyjay? Just ignore you? Or, should I not have sent you a message to let you know we'd no longer be dealing with you? Choose one, because those are your two options.

As I've said, I made a mistake in contacting you, and I will not do so in the future.

We decided on a per-card quote. Bradleyjay only had two cards (then three), so his price was muuuuch smaller than yours. If I recall, I think we originally quoted you for 2.66 BTC, correct? With a total of 42 cards. That's the main reason you were much more - just to clear up any confusion for future parties.

I really hope you are able to make that money back! We'll try to release some open source stuff in the future to help the community in general, but for now, money is needed - so we've got to whore ourselves out to the highest bidder.  Wink
navydude

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:17:34 AM

Nothing but love from my side. Was just in shock a bit after seeing the news. I cant wait till yall release something good for us flunkies. LMAO Since i cant code or build binaries or kernels i will make due with one of the awesomely available miners. Thanks for all the hard work!

Edit: Yes i knew about the price difference as well. Wolf explained it. Was just saying was much higher than 80 bucks.

ldw-com

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:20:38 AM

Nothing but love from my side. Was just in shock a bit after seeing the news. I cant wait till yall release something good for us flunkies. LMAO Since i cant code or build binaries or kernels i will make due with one of the awesomely available miners. Thanks for all the hard work!

Edit: Yes i knew about the price difference as well. Wolf explained it. Was just saying was much higher than 80 bucks.

Or you can flash your bios and get more out of your card.

For example: a 290x with a 390 modded bios or one of the stilt's roms will do 31-32Mh at core 1080 and memory 1125..

Proof and examples over at the ethereum forum.
bradleyjay

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:22:48 AM

So what would you prefer I do in the future, bradleyjay? Just ignore you? Or, should I not have sent you a message to let you know we'd no longer be dealing with you? Choose one, because those are your two options.

Nothing.  I suppose given a much much much more lucrative deal than what you would get from me and the others, I guess you did what you had to do.  Again no problem, no worries.

I think it's these initial comments of yours that miffed me a bit:
Quoting a price is just fine. Plenty of people had time to purchase it, but not a single person wanted to commit.
bitching and moaning because you missed out on the sale is in poor taste

As I said before, and I'm sure you can see the timestamps... I did express definite interest and did so immediately.  So it's not fair to make the statements above.

Anyway I don't want to crap on this thread anymore, that's not my intention.  This thing seemed interesting and I was definitely wanting to try it out.  In fact I was planning to buy a bunch of new cards to add to my rig and was just waiting for your response to my latest PM before I did so.  I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to do so anymore.

I'm glad you guys got your big exclusive deal and I wish both of you the best of luck.
navydude

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:31:15 AM

Or you can flash your bios and get more out of your card.

For example: a 290x with a 390 modded bios or one of the stilt's roms will do 31-32Mh at core 1080 and memory 1125..

Proof and examples over at the ethereum forum.

I will check those out. I am willing to do anything to maximize my income and card performance and I mean anything. " whore myself out" i think i heard that somewhere. Wink Its 3am and i need sleep. These damn miners are stressing me the *FuK* out!!

OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:38:58 AM

Nothing.  I suppose given a much much much more lucrative deal than what you would get from me and the others, I guess you did what you had to do.  Again no problem, no worries.

I think it's these initial comments of yours that miffed me a bit:
Quoting a price is just fine. Plenty of people had time to purchase it, but not a single person wanted to commit.
bitching and moaning because you missed out on the sale is in poor taste

As I said before, and I'm sure you can see the timestamps... I did express definite interest and did so immediately.  So it's not fair to make the statements above.

Anyway I don't want to crap on this thread anymore, that's not my intention.  This thing seemed interesting and I was definitely wanting to try it out.  In fact I was planning to buy a bunch of new cards to add to my rig and was just waiting for your response to my latest PM before I did so.  I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to do so anymore.

I'm glad you guys got your big exclusive deal and I wish both of you the best of luck.

I completely understand your miffed response - my apologies for being so rash!

We'll try to release something open source to help folks out in the future, once the bills are paid.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: