Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is LISK inspired by Starcraft and World of Warcraft?  (Read 1245 times)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:26:52 PM

The logo for this coin always looked a little cheesy to me, as well as the name. I never get what goes through the heads of the devs when they  pick these coin names.  Mainly, I could never figure out what they hell a Lisk was looking at the logo. Apparently a badly Photoshopped blue space crystal.

Could u go into more detail on this plz?

I think the LISK branding is very nifty. It targets the gamers and obviously they have a lot of money especially in China.

~CfA~

I think a discreet icon, and not a texture, would be more appropriate for this brand. This is a financial instrument. Lisk is a 'cool' name, but for the level of investment expected, especially given the popularity of assets like this ATM, I think it is a bit juvenile. What does an art asset from what is arguably the best real time strategy game ever made, have to do with a crypto asset? I only say this because the traditional finance world is watching us from the sidelines, and laughing at us a bit. They are not gamers, they are older men in nice suits. The appeal would be lost on them. VC comes from those that generate value, I think pitching an investment product aimed towards a demographic that doesn't make income is questionable. This isn't an attack, it is a criticism. I have none of these and most likely won't buy any, but I think a better attempt at branding, that is more appealing to a larger demographic, would be a better choice.

And I feel this way about Ethereum's brand (ether is fleeting and unsubstantial, these are not qualities I want associated with my money.) And waves (waves of what? Is the project going to make waves? what is wavy dammit!?)

This would be akin to me making a new, useful coin and calling it dontforgetthemilk coin. Do you see how I just shot myself in the foot regarding people taking my product seriously?

Branding is a tricky thing and I have made the case for the Logo before in the Lisk thread. It is an issue that pops up about once a month.

The lisk team has announced months ago, that they will hire a professional company to do a rebrand. I think this is a good idea, too, but I disagree, that the current logo is bad, as in "harmful for Lisks image and reputation". In fact, I think it is quite the opposite and served its purpose well. The target user group in the beginning was a group of people, who were already familiar with blockchain technology and not bank managers who barely even heard of bitcoin. Additionally, it is a logo that differs considerably from the average logo in the blockchain field (think of Waves, Reddcoin, Ethereum, Sia,…) and, as this thread proves, "stays in your head". I don't see too many discussions about logo choices elsewhere.

Additionally, let's not forget, that the youth of today are the deciders of tomorrow. There is a saying, that you can't teach an old dog new tricks and there might be something to it. So maybe, it is not the worst strategy to target those, whose minds are still open and grow with them.
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 09:09:05 PM

more like grand THEFT auto  Cool

What do u imply with that? Grand Theft Auto the video game is what LISK represents?

How come u think that way?

~CfA~

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: