Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:11:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Idea, Opinions Needed  (Read 2673 times)
JarBinks

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:04:45 AM

The reason we are doing this is because we want to take advantage of the advanced technology nowadays.
Interesting idea and a use of a cryptocurrecy that I have not seen before.
I really hope this approach works out for you!

A couple of thoughts:

The price of a coin/shares is based on the sales on a public market.  If this will not be on a market, who sets the price?  How do investors trust the valuation?

Coin investors, and investors in general, need some type of return. Your plan must ensure people get paid.

Stock/shares/coin in the company implies ownership which means income and a vote.
The coins are totally different from stock, but owners of the coins can participate in company's daily management business and decision making through different channels.
The coins grant you the rights to receive dividend but not voting rights.
These 2 quotes seem to be at odds, better get it straight.

You might just want to consider using a token/asset coin that's already out there to do this for you, like counterparty. https://counterparty.io/docs/assets/#assets
If you start your own coin, you need to consider all the mechanics behind it and have the capability to maintain and run it properly.
This is a great statement, don't recreate the wheel, it is not your core business and other people probably do this better than you already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
isunmedia (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 04:46:49 AM

The reason we are doing this is because we want to take advantage of the advanced technology nowadays.
Interesting idea and a use of a cryptocurrecy that I have not seen before.
I really hope this approach works out for you!

A couple of thoughts:

The price of a coin/shares is based on the sales on a public market.  If this will not be on a market, who sets the price?  How do investors trust the valuation?

Coin investors, and investors in general, need some type of return. Your plan must ensure people get paid.

Stock/shares/coin in the company implies ownership which means income and a vote.
The coins are totally different from stock, but owners of the coins can participate in company's daily management business and decision making through different channels.
The coins grant you the rights to receive dividend but not voting rights.
These 2 quotes seem to be at odds, better get it straight.

You might just want to consider using a token/asset coin that's already out there to do this for you, like counterparty. https://counterparty.io/docs/assets/#assets
If you start your own coin, you need to consider all the mechanics behind it and have the capability to maintain and run it properly.
This is a great statement, don't recreate the wheel, it is not your core business and other people probably do this better than you already.

Thank you so much for your constructive comments.

The price of the coins are based on out experts' estimation of our company's value. They include all the copyright value, 15 years of operating experience and assets.

The coins grants dividend rights which ensure investors getting paid monthly or annually. Moreover, as the company performs better in the future, the future of the coins might increase as well. Investors can now sell and exchange the coins they own.

We surely understand that creating a new currency might be a challenge since we previously have very little experience in such area. This is the reason why we are looking for opinions here to supplement this initial idea.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:10:34 AM

Why dont you keep a seminar or live conference and connect with people interested online by joining it via google hangout etc and you explain you future plans, business proposals etc about it.

We wanna first get people noticed about us first, then we will definitely have a conference before we start selling it.

To create awareness you need to have promotional activities. The longer you do more will know and start understanding and taking interest in the plans.

Start with couple of things like - Signature & Aavtar campaign for some time. This will boost the image and create awareness. And after some time keep the conference as well for more detail in depth.
btctube

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:28:00 AM

you should actually post this Crowdfunding sale on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
i think you could get a lot of attention there. how long is this company in the business?

great name and domain too.
isunmedia (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 08:36:07 AM

you should actually post this Crowdfunding sale on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
i think you could get a lot of attention there. how long is this company in the business?

great name and domain too.

Thank you for your suggestion!
iSunMedia has been operating Sun TV, a mandarin satellite TV channel based in Hong Kong with a broadcast coverage of global Chinese since 2000.
isunmedia (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 08:52:22 AM

Why dont you keep a seminar or live conference and connect with people interested online by joining it via google hangout etc and you explain you future plans, business proposals etc about it.

We wanna first get people noticed about us first, then we will definitely have a conference before we start selling it.

To create awareness you need to have promotional activities. The longer you do more will know and start understanding and taking interest in the plans.

Start with couple of things like - Signature & Aavtar campaign for some time. This will boost the image and create awareness. And after some time keep the conference as well for more detail in depth.

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions.
I will definitely start modifying my profile ASAP.
bitcoinisfurture

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:40:30 PM

What are you doing to get it noticed. Why dont you introduce signature campaign for the thread and gets started noticed within minutes?
isunmedia (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 01:48:22 AM

What are you doing to get it noticed. Why dont you introduce signature campaign for the thread and gets started noticed within minutes?

Yes. As I mentioned, we are a media company with our own TV channel with global coverage. We've already inserted ads in our channels.
We are trying to take advantage with this forum but we are facing difficulties. We are not able to insert images in our profile or even in the post.
JarBinks

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

Yes. As I mentioned, we are a media company with our own TV channel with global coverage. We've already inserted ads in our channels.
We are trying to take advantage with this forum but we are facing difficulties. We are not able to insert images in our profile or even in the post.

You need to get to a higher rank in order to add more fun stuff to your postings.
The only way to do that is to post and let time pass, it may be a good way to become more familiar with Crypto Currency in general.
I think you need to get somewhere around "Member" to "Sr. Member" to do what you want.

FYI, the timing if when your posts become activity can be a little confusing, pay close attention.

Check out this discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:59:52 AM

i am going to test something with this reply

As you can see, it can be done.
JarBinks

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:20:33 AM

<excluded Image>

Newbies cannot post pictures, must be Jr. Member
Adar Korin

Activity: 44
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:27:19 AM

You want to pre-mine 90% of the coins?

You'll still need to have residual mining occur to cover the transaction fees etc.
morantis

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:07:19 AM

<excluded Image>

then why are they complaining about it?  no one is going to listen to newb accounts anyway
JarBinks

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:15:48 AM

then why are they complaining about it?  no one is going to listen to newb accounts anyway

LOL, That is a very good point, thanks I needed that.
Maybe it will give them incentive to become an active and productive member of the community.
morantis

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:17:55 AM

LOL, That is a very good point, thanks I needed that.
Maybe it will give them incentive to become an active and productive member of the community.

they did not come here to help and be active, just to promote what they want and what they need to make money off the other users.

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:03:27 PM

Nothing much but one of the best project can be hiring the newbie for signature and others too. This not only helps newbie but also helps you to get popularity among newbie and other members.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: