Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122519 times)
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:26:41 AM

Got my unit this evening and have been working to get it setup.  I am using a LEPA 1600 watt PSU, but the 2 units won't start up with it.  I can get the red lights blinking, but when I start the units up, everything just shuts off.  I can start each unit individually, but not sure whats going on when trying to run both.  Any ideas?
Interesting.
When I first set up my miners, I had one running on a lepa g1600 without any issues except the ones we have all been discusing. Right now im using the 2880W IBM power supplies, each powering 2 rigs.
Are you saying that the power to the miners shuts off when you turn the Lepa on? If so, it could be a short.
I would try one board at a time and see if you can get it going that way.
The PI seems to be powered through the ribbon cable, so only a single board is needed to get the PI online.
If the miner lights go out, do the lights on the PI stay on or does everything go off?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:39:09 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 05:56:02 AM by DebitMe

Got my unit this evening and have been working to get it setup.  I am using a LEPA 1600 watt PSU, but the 2 units won't start up with it.  I can get the red lights blinking, but when I start the units up, everything just shuts off.  I can start each unit individually, but not sure whats going on when trying to run both.  Any ideas?
Interesting.
When I first set up my miners, I had one running on a lepa g1600 without any issues except the ones we have all been discusing. Right now im using the 2880W IBM power supplies, each powering 2 rigs.
Are you saying that the power to the miners shuts off when you turn the Lepa on? If so, it could be a short.
The PI seems to be powered through the ribbon cable, so only a single board is needed to get the PI online.
If the miner lights go out, do the lights on the PI stay on or does everything go off?

So i plug in all 4 6 pin connectors, and both units will start up, it takes about 20 seconds or so before they start to mine, but before they start mining, the PSU just shuts off, including the pi.  I have tried each unit separately, and they run without any issues.  I also remembered I had an extra 600 watt PSU upstairs and got that plugged in to one, with the LEPA in the other, the first time it started up and I was able to see both of them on the live stats, but I don't think they were both hashing as nicehash didn't show more than 140 MH/s.  Now, I can't get both of them to show up again.

EDIT:  I realized my little 600 watt PSU really is at the end of its life and can no longer sustain output.  Just laid the ol guy to rest in the trash can.  Plugged it in with a different PSU and they are both hashing away.  But, again, its on 2 different PSU's.  Not sure what is going on.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:40:00 AM

I am getting a lot of questions via PM's from a lot of people here regarding this mess with the A4's.  I can tell you that I know what everyone else knows, which isn't much.  I know people are frustrated and angry.  I know, I am one of the frustrated and angry customers myself.  It has been a week now since Inno said they were going to set something up to take care of this situation with the miners.  But now I am hearing rumors that it isn't going to happen.  I don't have any confirmation yet from Inno.  

So I have a feeling we are going to have to work to resolve this as a community the best we can if we can get our hands on the jigs to do the flashing.  I just sent Inno and email suggesting that they can send me a jig and I will try to help coordinate getting this done.  I have no idea if they will take me up on the suggestion.

In the mean time I would like to see if we can get a show of hands here who has a jig or has one coming to them?  If you have a jig, or have one coming would you be willing to loan it to the community here so that we can try to come up with a way for members to get their units flashed?  I honestly don't think it is a good idea to try and ship jigs from member to member all over the country, but I am certainly open to input on the best way to try and coordinate this activity so that we get everyone flashed who needs it.

The next question I have is how many units are we talking about here in the US that need to be flashed?  I know this isn't a small number, but I don't know how many people have bought A4's directly with Inno that are in this boat with a B1 or B2 miner.  So I would also like to get an idea how many units we are talking about.

This could turn into a huge undertaking trying to coordinate miners coming in, miners being flashed, tested, and then shipped back out.  So there is a significant amount of work and effort to do this depending on how many units we are talking about.  

So lets sound off.  Let me hear if you have a jig or one is coming.  And I would like to get an idea how many A4's need flashing.  I would like to get a game plan together and start working the plan.  Thoughts?

I have 2 B2's that need to be flashed.
I have 3 units that need flashed. B1 pair and B2 single USA
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:03:12 AM

you may need 2 psu's even thou it should work with the one...(imho) I have heard of problems like this with titan cubes 1600 psu's should run 4 cubes easy but only could run 2
may be the same thing?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:07:33 AM

Anybody knows if the A4 supports #xnsub ?

Attempted several times ... but seems not supported.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:08:51 AM

My First guess here is you have a bad PSU, I wouldn't keep trying with it until you can confirm it will handle an 1100w+ load. Just because its rated for 1600w, doesn't mean its not defective or bad.

My advice is get another PSU and test again.

EDIT: I don't think it's a good idea to use two PSU's or any PSU not known to be good as these things aren't exactly cheap to replace and probably not easy to get warranty work on either if you have been following this thread.

Anybody knows if the A4 supports #xnsub ?

Attempted several times ... but seems not supported.

I haven't noticed it myself but my backup pool is NH and they seem to work fine but haven't checked for xnsub.

The only thing you can really do is make sure you're running whatever latest software version for your Batch and hope that Inno delivers the open source version of the software as promised (Inno said they would in this thread, many pages ago, it's in my post history where I quoted it)
Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:14:05 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 12:42:03 PM by Eyedol-X

I am getting a lot of questions via PM's from a lot of people here regarding this mess with the A4's.  I can tell you that I know what everyone else knows, which isn't much.  I know people are frustrated and angry.  I know, I am one of the frustrated and angry customers myself.  It has been a week now since Inno said they were going to set something up to take care of this situation with the miners.  But now I am hearing rumors that it isn't going to happen.  I don't have any confirmation yet from Inno.  

So I have a feeling we are going to have to work to resolve this as a community the best we can if we can get our hands on the jigs to do the flashing.  I just sent Inno and email suggesting that they can send me a jig and I will try to help coordinate getting this done.  I have no idea if they will take me up on the suggestion.

In the mean time I would like to see if we can get a show of hands here who has a jig or has one coming to them?  If you have a jig, or have one coming would you be willing to loan it to the community here so that we can try to come up with a way for members to get their units flashed?  I honestly don't think it is a good idea to try and ship jigs from member to member all over the country, but I am certainly open to input on the best way to try and coordinate this activity so that we get everyone flashed who needs it.

The next question I have is how many units are we talking about here in the US that need to be flashed?  I know this isn't a small number, but I don't know how many people have bought A4's directly with Inno that are in this boat with a B1 or B2 miner.  So I would also like to get an idea how many units we are talking about.

This could turn into a huge undertaking trying to coordinate miners coming in, miners being flashed, tested, and then shipped back out.  So there is a significant amount of work and effort to do this depending on how many units we are talking about.  

So lets sound off.  Let me hear if you have a jig or one is coming.  And I would like to get an idea how many A4's need flashing.  I would like to get a game plan together and start working the plan.  Thoughts?

I have 2 B2's that need to be flashed.

Running Total -- trying to get something comma seperated going here so it's easier to parse data later -- if everyone could just add to this list  and combine others when posting. Until we know differently, I'm assuming the same jig is used for B1 and B2 miners.

List of miners that need updating that located in USA ONLY:
2, Longsnowsm
3, Firehawk71
2, Eyedol-X
3, Usao

I have e-mailed Chloe ~3 days ago China time asking for a jig, no response yet.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:13:38 PM

Interesting.

So i plug in all 4 6 pin connectors, and both units will start up, it takes about 20 seconds or so before they start to mine, but before they start mining, the PSU just shuts off, including the pi.  I have tried each unit separately, and they run without any issues.  I also remembered I had an extra 600 watt PSU upstairs and got that plugged in to one, with the LEPA in the other, the first time it started up and I was able to see both of them on the live stats, but I don't think they were both hashing as nicehash didn't show more than 140 MH/s.  Now, I can't get both of them to show up again.

EDIT:  I realized my little 600 watt PSU really is at the end of its life and can no longer sustain output.  Just laid the ol guy to rest in the trash can.  Plugged it in with a different PSU and they are both hashing away.  But, again, its on 2 different PSU's.  Not sure what is going on.
Each cube draws about 510-520W. The Lepa has 1600W on 4 rails. Shouldnt be a power problem to power 2 cubes at around 1030W.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:14:36 PM

Running Total -- trying to get something comma seperated going here so it's easier to parse data later -- if everyone could just add to this list  and combine others when posting. Until we know differently, I'm assuming the same jig is used for B1 and B2 miners.

List of miners that need updating that located in USA ONLY:
2, Longsnowsm
3, Firehawk71
2, Eyedol-X

I have e-mailed Chloe ~3 days ago China time asking for a jig, no response yet.

Add 3 for me.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:05:10 PM

Ok, I received an update from Inno last night.  There is good, there is BAD, and there is UGLY to this whole mess.  I understand why there hasn't been any word from them now.  They are also trying to figure out how to do this, and the cost to make just 1 jig is CRAZY expensive.  So this is a HUGE mess.

So here are the basics in a nutshell.  Inno is going to send 1 jig to the US.  The cost to make one of the jigs is just insane so we will only get ONE jig to get this job done.  I offered to take the lead in working with US customers to try and get everyone some sort of arrangement to get your miners flashed.  I just don't know how this is going to get done otherwise.  There is no simple solution and this is going to take time and going to likely be messy.  So I ask for your patience up front as I know this isn't going to be easy.

So now we have to work out the details on how to best get everyone who needs the flash done.  I know some customers will be more technically inclined than others and will be willing to flash their own rigs.  For those customers I think the best solution will be to send the jig out to those customers.  Others who are not so comfortable doing this we will have to coordinate shipping rigs and having myself or another trusted member who has the jig flash the miners for you.  

For those who want to flash their own rigs, what we will have to do is setup a lottery where each member picks a number we put it in a hat and draw out the number.  That person will have the opportunity to get the jig first to do the flash.  Then we will do the lottery again and have the jig sent to the next person.  We will work through the list of customers until everyone has an opportunity to flash rigs who is willing and able to do so.

Now the bad part here is that due to the cost of the jig we have to ensure that the jig is passed along and not kept by a member when we still have members who need to be flashed.  So my suggestion here is that we setup an escrow.  In order to get the jig sent out to you once your number is drawn in the lottery we will need to collect a deposit that is held by an escrow.   The deposit will be returned to you as soon as the jig has been passed along to the next person who was picked in the lottery and has paid the deposit to have the jig sent.  This way we ensure that the jig gets passed around and ultimately returned in case we should have to go through this exercise again.  

There will need to be a time limit that any one member can keep the jig so that this process is not delayed for those waiting.  I would say 7 days with the jig should be ample time to make some time to open up the A4's and to do the flash, and then to get the jig sent off to the next person waiting.

Since there is only 1 jig this is going to take time, and a lot of patience on everyone's part.  It sounds like if we use DHL and keep the receipts and provide them to Inno that they may compensate you for the shipping costs for this.  I need to confirm this with them so don't hold me to that.  I will get the details and pass them along.

So I will open this up to the community here to discuss the plan and work out the details.  I want this to be as fair as possible for everyone and I will try to help anyone who is not comfortable flashing their rigs.  You will have to make your need known so we can try to figure out how to get your rigs fixed.  

I will be reaching out to other customers who are not members here on BCT and will give them the same information and suggest they join this discussion here on BCT to simplify communications for this juggling act with the 1 jig.  

Ok, that is the scoop.  Please feel free to offer suggestions and feedback so we can try to make this process work as smoothly as we can for everyone.  This is a community effort at this point and this is all volunteer work.  We have quite a few miners to get flashed so this is going to take a while. So please be gentle with me and we will work through this! LOL

I will let you know as soon as the jig arrives here and any additional details as I get them.  
Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:28:57 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 01:41:27 PM by Eyedol-X

Ok, I received an update from Inno last night.  There is good, there is BAD, and there is UGLY to this whole mess.  I understand why there hasn't been any word from them now.  They are also trying to figure out how to do this, and the cost to make just 1 jig is CRAZY expensive.  So this is a HUGE mess.

So here are the basics in a nutshell.  Inno is going to send 1 jig to the US.  The cost to make one of the jigs is just insane so we will only get ONE jig to get this job done.  I offered to take the lead in working with US customers to try and get everyone some sort of arrangement to get your miners flashed.  I just don't know how this is going to get done otherwise.  There is no simple solution and this is going to take time and going to likely be messy.  So I ask for your patience up front as I know this isn't going to be easy.

So now we have to work out the details on how to best get everyone who needs the flash done.  I know some customers will be more technically inclined than others and will be willing to flash their own rigs.  For those customers I think the best solution will be to send the jig out to those customers.  Others who are not so comfortable doing this we will have to coordinate shipping rigs and having myself or another trusted member who has the jig flash the miners for you.  

For those who want to flash their own rigs, what we will have to do is setup a lottery where each member picks a number we put it in a hat and draw out the number.  That person will have the opportunity to get the jig first to do the flash.  Then we will do the lottery again and have the jig sent to the next person.  We will work through the list of customers until everyone has an opportunity to flash rigs who is willing and able to do so.

Now the bad part here is that due to the cost of the jig we have to ensure that the jig is passed along and not kept by a member when we still have members who need to be flashed.  So my suggestion here is that we setup an escrow.  In order to get the jig sent out to you once your number is drawn in the lottery we will need to collect a deposit that is held by an escrow.   The deposit will be returned to you as soon as the jig has been passed along to the next person who was picked in the lottery and has paid the deposit to have the jig sent.  This way we ensure that the jig gets passed around and ultimately returned in case we should have to go through this exercise again.  

There will need to be a time limit that any one member can keep the jig so that this process is not delayed for those waiting.  I would say 7 days with the jig should be ample time to make some time to open up the A4's and to do the flash, and then to get the jig sent off to the next person waiting.

Since there is only 1 jig this is going to take time, and a lot of patience on everyone's part.  It sounds like if we use DHL and keep the receipts and provide them to Inno that they may compensate you for the shipping costs for this.  I need to confirm this with them so don't hold me to that.  I will get the details and pass them along.

So I will open this up to the community here to discuss the plan and work out the details.  I want this to be as fair as possible for everyone and I will try to help anyone who is not comfortable flashing their rigs.  You will have to make your need known so we can try to figure out how to get your rigs fixed.  

I will be reaching out to other customers who are not members here on BCT and will give them the same information and suggest they join this discussion here on BCT to simplify communications for this juggling act with the 1 jig.  

Ok, that is the scoop.  Please feel free to offer suggestions and feedback so we can try to make this process work as smoothly as we can for everyone.  This is a community effort at this point and this is all volunteer work.  We have quite a few miners to get flashed so this is going to take a while. So please be gentle with me and we will work through this! LOL

I will let you know as soon as the jig arrives here and any additional details as I get them.  

As much as I don't want to ship my A4's around, this lottery system and physically shipping the jig increases the chances of damage from handling. So I say we completely rule this out. If the Jig gets damaged shipping between members, we are all fucked.

If Lightfoot is willing, my vote is just ship it to him and I'll have to bite the bullet to ship my A4's around.

Edit: This is assuming you don't want to take on the challenge of shipping/flashing everyones A4's

Honestly, if Inno is going to reimburse for shipping, I would be amazed, however it's highly unlikely IMO. Lets just all assume we are lucky to get the jig at this point.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:52:10 PM

Inno needs to include an empty case, a PI, and a couple of fans with this Jig.

If Inno can do this, we have the option of packing and ship our A4 Cards only instead of the entire miner to the person flashing/testing. Save money on round trip shipping costs.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:02:59 PM

How about we open a new thread for the jig/flashing activities.
Also, if we keep the jig at one location (which makes more sense than shipping it around and risking damage to the jig), I would suggest somewhere in the central US to minimize the "average" shipping costs for the A4's.
If we do decide to ship the jig, I would suggest 1 stop on the east coast and one stop on the west coast.
Im perfectly happy to ship my A4's to someone to flash for me, Although the process seems simple enough.
Also, what about pulling the blades out of the A4's and shipping those in groups, scheduling with the person who has the jig. That would help to reduce shipping slightly. I think it will be like $20-$30 to ship an individual cube somewhere in the US.
Im in Arizona, which is further west than central. Perhaps someone in Texas would want to do the flashing?
Also, if we have someone doing all the flashing, what would be the costs for that in addition to the shipping?
These are all questions we need to address, hence I suggested the separate thread.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:36:33 PM

How about we open a new thread for the jig/flashing activities.
Also, if we keep the jig at one location (which makes more sense than shipping it around and risking damage to the jig), I would suggest somewhere in the central US to minimize the "average" shipping costs for the A4's.
If we do decide to ship the jig, I would suggest 1 stop on the east coast and one stop on the west coast.
Im perfectly happy to ship my A4's to someone to flash for me, Although the process seems simple enough.
Also, what about pulling the blades out of the A4's and shipping those in groups, scheduling with the person who has the jig. That would help to reduce shipping slightly. I think it will be like $20-$30 to ship an individual cube somewhere in the US.
Im in Arizona, which is further west than central. Perhaps someone in Texas would want to do the flashing?
Also, if we have someone doing all the flashing, what would be the costs for that in addition to the shipping?
These are all questions we need to address, hence I suggested the separate thread.

New Thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1718024.0
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2235

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:00:33 PM

Inno needs to include an empty case, a PI, and a couple of fans with this Jig.

If Inno can do this, we have the option of packing and ship our A4 Cards only instead of the entire miner to the person flashing/testing. Save money on round trip shipping costs.
That would be a very good idea. As someone who has repaired a bunch of reworks all at once awhile back time is critical. It takes time to pull the unit out, remove the screws, take off the fans, not lose the screws, pull the boards, and place on the preheater (or jig in this case). Then putting it together. The time spent doing that is miniscule to the user, but when you multiply it by 500 you're talking serious time.

People should pull out their blades, and send just those in. Make sure Inno is ok with this, if someone botches the removal then the boards should be replaced under warranty or something if Inno approves. (It's an exception case, document those).

It sounds like Inno wants to just do one jig, and to be honest the only skill I could offer with the jig is my kinda-good reputation :-). Anyone should be able to do the reprogramming, LS will do a great job on it I'm sure. If it required reflow/rework/fun skills then I'd put my hat in but for now it seems to be under control.

Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:15:46 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 03:49:56 PM by Eyedol-X

New Reflash thread has activity and additional comments regarding this subject > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1718024.0

I cross posted Lightfoots remarks above on the new thread.

If everyone would prefer to continue here, I can lock the other thread but I think the fixing A4 conversation specific thread might be easier than funneling through all these pages of pre-order turned fixing
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:50:53 PM

I am easy... If we want to take this to the other thread that would be fine. 
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:37:39 PM

Interesting.

Each cube draws about 510-520W. The Lepa has 1600W on 4 rails. Shouldnt be a power problem to power 2 cubes at around 1030W.

Hmm, I think it might be the PSU.  I just got it as a part of a 6 gpu rig that I purchased that I can't seem to get working properly. Luckily, newegg dropped off the one I bought for this wayyyy early this morning, and I just got it plugged in and everything booted up and is running with no problems.

wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:29:56 PM

So it looks like inno finally has smartened up.  At this point are the new miners being bought working good.  I would read through the thread but just need a quick yeah new ones are good, or no might want to wait until all the dust settles.  Thanks guys and glad a fixing is coming.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:06:35 PM

So it looks like inno finally has smartened up.  At this point are the new miners being bought working good.  I would read through the thread but just need a quick yeah new ones are good, or no might want to wait until all the dust settles.  Thanks guys and glad a fixing is coming.

Got mine yesterday, has been running with no problems

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: