Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:45:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 203 Miocic vs. Overeem  (Read 2138 times)
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 02:40:31 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 03:26:19 AM by DaddyMonsi

UFC 203:  Official Weigh In
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd5g9Y26XNs

Overeem looks really confident that he could win this fight.  You could tell by the way he talks during interviews and just the way he walks.  While Miocic looks kinda nervous.  I'm itching to bet on Overeem but the odds went down a decent bit.  
Do you happen to know the odds between Miocic and Werdum? I think it was Werdum as the favorite at that time but Miocic was able to overcome Werdum. Overeem is used to main events since he held heavyweight titles in different promotions.

That was a great submission pulled out by the Brazilian Jessica Andrade.
Rivera won over Faber over Decision
Gall won over Punk over submission in Round 1
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:54:59 PM

Overeem almost had it done on the first round, he knocked him out and went to the floor, but he failed to finish with the triangle choke. Miocic was wobbly as hell for some seconds and Overeem could have knocked him out again but it looked like Overeem was scared to attack him... strange fight.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 06:02:45 PM

Overeem almost had it done on the first round, he knocked him out and went to the floor, but he failed to finish with the triangle choke. Miocic was wobbly as hell for some seconds and Overeem could have knocked him out again but it looked like Overeem was scared to attack him... strange fight.
Yep Reem looks scared and you can even see him running away like a kid who dont want to fight.

Did you guys notice Overeems physique is not the same as before? Overeem looks like he dropped some weight or its because he did not take any enhancers. Just like what happen with Lesnar, after his fight his body looks different.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:35:36 AM

Miocic retained his heavyweight belt in his home town,CM punk got his ass kicked,really bad for him ,i even doubt he would fight again,werdum won a boring fight against browne,the crowd was booing all the time,werdum wants his rematch with Miocic ,wants to know who the UFC will select to face Miocic
lemipawa (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:15:25 AM

Reem almost have it if only he was able to securely lock that guillotine choke Miocic could have tapped out. He runs all over the octagon like a chicken. Punks post fight interview with Rogan sounds like a dad giving an advise to a kid but I admire his courage stepping into the octagon at his age.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:39:53 AM

What a strange fight indeed.

Overeem looked really good at the start, until he started running around like a chicken after getting clipped once. Wild swings mostly after that, although he also landed some good hits.

Fight was basically over after the failed guillotine and getting hurt after that.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 07:47:17 AM

What about the boring fight of Werdum and Browne? Man I almost fall asleep wIting for someone to get knock out or tap out. Werdum opens round 1 with a flying kick hitting Brown in the face. Browne avoids to go down with Werdum. You can hear the crowd shouting boos in all 3 rounds. Browne doesnt look like he is prepared for this fight as he only wants to stand up and slug it out with Werdum.
JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:29:30 PM

stipe ain't losing that belt soon. this guy is insane. a guy who should have been swinging an axe on a battlefield. shame on Alistair for the excuse...and good on Rogan for taking control of the situation and clearing any unneeded controversy before it happened. with this situation, cm punk fighting, an elevator falling and injuring CB, and the entire Browne Werdum fight I can say this is the weirdest UFC event of all time.
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:24:20 PM

stipe ain't losing that belt soon. this guy is insane. a guy who should have been swinging an axe on a battlefield. shame on Alistair for the excuse...and good on Rogan for taking control of the situation and clearing any unneeded controversy before it happened. with this situation, cm punk fighting, an elevator falling and injuring CB, and the entire Browne Werdum fight I can say this is the weirdest UFC event of all time.

I thought he tapped to on his arm sightly but it seems it was just the hand hitting on his arm or something. I think Overeem was scared to get punched and played a very conservative game. I would like to see a rematch, I think he can win if he goes with a better strategy than what he did. Overeem punches are also devastating as we saw.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:07:07 PM

What about the boring fight of Werdum and Browne? Man I almost fall asleep wIting for someone to get knock out or tap out. Werdum opens round 1 with a flying kick hitting Brown in the face. Browne avoids to go down with Werdum. You can hear the crowd shouting boos in all 3 rounds. Browne doesnt look like he is prepared for this fight as he only wants to stand up and slug it out with Werdum.

I thought it was pretty exciting. Sure the last rounds were a bit boring, but so were the last rounds of the Connor McGregor vs Nate Dias fight, why? well simple, most fighters start to gas out at the last rounds, specially if you are a heavyweight that starts out with flying kicks and shit, also the other guy had a busted finger (the fight should have been stopped). it was an unfortunate fight.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 02:25:32 AM

I thought it was pretty exciting. Sure the last rounds were a bit boring, but so were the last rounds of the Connor McGregor vs Nate Dias fight, why? well simple, most fighters start to gas out at the last rounds, specially if you are a heavyweight that starts out with flying kicks and shit, also the other guy had a busted finger (the fight should have been stopped). it was an unfortunate fight.
Yes I understand that part that they will lose gas as they enter 2nd and 3rd round. What I don't like is that they seem like both are waiting for someone to commit a mistake so they can take advantage and do the kill. Both are just dancing all over the octagon. There was even a time that Werdum is down and waiting for Browne to make a follow up punch but Browne did not do so as it maybe a trap that Werdum planned to so he can apply his BJJ skills.
SlimTeddy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:40:11 AM

What a crazy fights! The main was a dope Stipe Miocic hammers Alistair Overeem with a brutal punches on the very first round. By the way I feel bad for CM Punk on his debut battle after a loss to Mickey Gall, what a tragedy. At least he had guts to fight in the octagon without hesitation, hope for him to comeback if he doesn't for a second chance we know MMA is not for him.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 05:05:34 AM

What a crazy fights! The main was a dope Stipe Miocic hammers Alistair Overeem with a brutal punches on the very first round. By the way I feel bad for CM Punk on his debut battle after a loss to Mickey Gall, what a tragedy. At least he had guts to fight in the octagon without hesitation, hope for him to comeback if he doesn't for a second chance we know MMA is not for him.
I agree with Joe Rogan's after fight comments. Why did UFC allow CM Punk to fight Mickey Gall who is a brown belt in jiu jitsu.
In jiu jitsu they dont allow a brown belt to go against a white belt simply its a mis match just like CM Punk, he maybe a superstar in WWE but in MMA where real kicks and punches happens its a different story. Mickey Gall is way ahead of CM Punk in terms of MMA experience.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:22:19 AM

Yes I understand that part that they will lose gas as they enter 2nd and 3rd round. What I don't like is that they seem like both are waiting for someone to commit a mistake so they can take advantage and do the kill. Both are just dancing all over the octagon. There was even a time that Werdum is down and waiting for Browne to make a follow up punch but Browne did not do so as it maybe a trap that Werdum planned to so he can apply his BJJ skills.

Unfortunately that is mostly what happenes when you put two big guys with heavy punches in a ring. Both will respect the power of the other, try to conserve energy and go for the counter punch.

It is also the reason why I enjoy middleweight feights the most. They have the knock out power, the speed and the result is that fights generally get much more dynamic.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 07:30:26 AM

I would have to disagree with you.  The whole card was crappy and boring.  Even the main event was not so good with Overeem running around the cage and refusing to engage Miocic.  He had a good chance to win it if he was more aggressive.  The CM Punk fight which was supposed to be the draw was just a disgrace.  They should have picked a guy from the streets.  Someone like Kimbo slice.

All of the fights were boring, except maybe for the women's straw weight.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 09:16:34 AM

I would have to disagree with you.  The whole card was crappy and boring.  Even the main event was not so good with Overeem running around the cage and refusing to engage Miocic.  He had a good chance to win it if he was more aggressive.  The CM Punk fight which was supposed to be the draw was just a disgrace.  They should have picked a guy from the streets.  Someone like Kimbo slice.

All of the fights were boring, except maybe for the women's straw weight.
I guess UFC 202 is a tough act to follow. I really hated Overeem running around and turning his back to Miocic, he almost had Miocic, close is no cigar. According to some websites, Overeem was paid higher than Miocic.

CM Punk robbed the rest of the UFC fighters for standing there and got beaten in the first round and got paid $500,000.

I cant believe on Browne asking for a time out because he injured his finger, so when someone got cut in the head because of a nasty elbow can they ask for a time out as well? I think thats where Werdum is coming from but he should have not kicked Edmond Tarverdyan. I wonder why they keep on saying "Rhonda's coach" when Rhonda is not around and Edmond is there for Browne.

UFC 204 is next https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611844.msg16190890#msg16190890
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:53:20 PM

No one his right mind would go on the floor with Werdum willingly. Werdum has probably the best skills ever on UFC when it comes to ground game. Also, don't forget that the guy had a fucked up finger. The athletic commission should have stopped the fight. The guy can potentially miss the finger now and his career will get ruined since I can imagine fighting without a finger is really annoying.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 01:16:29 PM

No one his right mind would go on the floor with Werdum willingly. Werdum has probably the best skills ever on UFC when it comes to ground game. Also, don't forget that the guy had a fucked up finger. The athletic commission should have stopped the fight. The guy can potentially miss the finger now and his career will get ruined since I can imagine fighting without a finger is really annoying.

Thats true you wouldnt mess with Werdum as he got good ground game but its MMA if they can only do is fight by standing up and no ground skills then better forget about MMA. Look at CM Punk, UFC gave him a mismatch fight, he goes to the ground with Gall, tap out and got paid  Grin
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:08:40 PM

Thats true you wouldnt mess with Werdum as he got good ground game but its MMA if they can only do is fight by standing up and no ground skills then better forget about MMA. Look at CM Punk, UFC gave him a mismatch fight, he goes to the ground with Gall, tap out and got paid  Grin

Lol the CM Punk fight was an spectacle. That is just a showmatch, it was ridiculous that that was even considered by Dana White, but he is a businessman after all and I understand that he did it to get tons of views.

CM Punk said that he is going to continue fighting. Good luck for him and I hope he can improve, but he should fight some amateurs first.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 04:18:51 PM

Lol the CM Punk fight was an spectacle. That is just a showmatch, it was ridiculous that that was even considered by Dana White, but he is a businessman after all and I understand that he did it to get tons of views.

CM Punk said that he is going to continue fighting. Good luck for him and I hope he can improve, but he should fight some amateurs first.
Dont you think he is old to start fighting MMA? Not that I don't believe in his capability and just like what he said on his interview with Joe Rogan "dont let anyone tell you that you cant do it" but he has to be realistic. At age 37 and started MMA training only 2 years ago I think its kinda too late even if he fights an amateur.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: