Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:47:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase has partnered with Paypal - Officially!  (Read 8692 times)
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:48:02 AM

If its true then paying online for stuff will become so easier where bitcoin is not available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:54:33 AM

That's indeed a good news...Normal bitcoin earners like us will now be able to save exchanger fees at least one time.

However, it is sad that my country has not yet been listed in coinbase exchanging service. I still have to use exchanger service from third party. But if it happens, it will be a very good news for small bitcoin earners.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:55:38 AM

This is a welcome development for Paypal and Bitcoin users. Now it is easy to use and transact bitcoin as it is backup by this big company.Im expecting additional popularity of bitcoin and it will attract more follower and supporter.

Open for Campaigns
mki8

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:06:37 AM

This is old news

Braintree (a paypal company) has been allowing merchants to accept bitcoin for quite some time now
i assume they are using braintree for trials with merchants
before allowing merchants and individuals (non commercial) use with Paypal

https://www.braintreepayments.com/payment-methods

Braintree connects to your coinbase wallet
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:52:36 AM

PayPal is slowly dipping its toes in the bitcoin waters.
The company has partnered with Coinbase, a virtual currency wallet and exchange, so Coinbase users can sell bitcoin and cash out to their PayPal accounts. Buying bitcoin isn’t possible yet, but the small integration is a noteworthy first step.
PayPal did not immediately respond to Quartz’s request for comment.
While bitcoin and its underlying technology, blockchain, has caught Wall Street’s attention, consumer tech giants have largely stayed away from the technology until now. Recently, Quartz reported that Airbnb “acquihired” a bitcoin company and its engineers. Other tech giants, like IBM and Microsoft, have been exploring blockchain tech more closely. IBM developed open source code that’s being used in the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger consortium. Microsoft has been integrating blockchain services into its Azure cloud platform.
Behind the scenes, PayPal’s been showing signs of interest in virtual currencies. A recently published patent application from PayPal shows the company has explored integrating bitcoin and other virtual currencies like LiteCoin and Dogecoin into physical smartphone payments. The patent application was filed in December 2015.
PayPal also held a hackathon in December, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the event. The purpose? To find out new ways for PayPal to use bitcoin and blockchain technology. The attendees included Snapcard, a B2B bitcoin payments company, Coinbase, and Chain. Developers tested things like cross border payments, merchant processing, and creating a digital wallet using bitcoin.
For bitcoin’s growth, even a slight interest in bitcoin on PayPal’s part would be a big win. PayPal has over 180 million customers and processed $1.4 billion in payments in the first quarter of 2016. The payments giant recently added Wences Casares, CEO of bitcoin wallet Xapo and a renowned bitcoin advocate, to its board of directors in January 2016.

http://qz.com/713528/paypal-is-warming-up-to-bitcoin/

This is very good news(if it`s true).I`m waiting for this during the last year.

This will help bitcoin become more popular among regular paypal users,who are not familiar with

the cryptocurrencies.

Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:59:58 AM

If this news is indeed true, then this is very advantageous for all of us. Because in this way the users of Paypal will increasingly see the potential and there is a possibility they Bitcoin will start using bitcoin. may news done right and fast
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:07:51 AM

Coinbase’s support for credit cards follows the launch of debit card buys in March, with the service expanding to all 50 U.S. states by the end of April.

hope coinbase can open in asian market too. indonesia is biggest market for bitcoin.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:11:10 AM

Coinbase’s support for credit cards follows the launch of debit card buys in March, with the service expanding to all 50 U.S. states by the end of April.

hope coinbase can open in asian market too. indonesia is biggest market for bitcoin.

i too agree i am from india and i am also waiting when they will start the credit or debit card for asian countrys,

and i think this news will not affect the bitcoin as paypal service charges are way high then using bitcoin so only paypal will get benefited not bitcoin.
egytrickz

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:15:46 AM

Nice find.

I have read that both Walmart and PayPal have issues with Visa, maybe this gives them a united vision to bypass Visa with their own system?

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16593

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 10:18:15 AM

Seems less like a partnership and more like Coinbase will just send you Paypal funds if you request it.  Notice that you cannot buy bitcoin with Paypal, which makes me think there really isn't a partnership going on, but instead just an agreement that they will let you cash out large sums if necessary.
Coinsbase doesn't want the risk of creditcard fraud when you buy with Paypal. If they are the sending party and Coinbase is trusted, it is safe for both parties.
If they would allow you to buy Bitcoin with Paypal, they would make creditcard fraud very easy, and they would end up paying for it.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 10:49:39 AM

Seems less like a partnership and more like Coinbase will just send you Paypal funds if you request it.  Notice that you cannot buy bitcoin with Paypal, which makes me think there really isn't a partnership going on, but instead just an agreement that they will let you cash out large sums if necessary.
Coinsbase doesn't want the risk of creditcard fraud when you buy with Paypal. If they are the sending party and Coinbase is trusted, it is safe for both parties.
If they would allow you to buy Bitcoin with Paypal, they would make creditcard fraud very easy, and they would end up paying for it.
Yeah, offering the option to buy Bitcoin with Paypal would just attract people that want to use that service for fraud. I wonder how Virwox manages to prevent that...
Still pretty cool that they're offering payouts to Paypal.

rababo

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:01:45 AM

It's a great news!
This partnership will help Bitcoin to get more known. Also, this could make bitcoin price increase furthermore.
Maybe for the next move, we can buy bitcoin with paypal, that would make easier to do transact.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 11:08:06 AM

Wow! This is the best news I could ever get and I hope it's not for US citizens only. I hope they can send to Indian PP accounts too and then my issue of accepting PP from unknown users would be solved completely. I hope Xapo also can have this feature so that bitcoin users get some relief.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:43:15 AM

So what exactly that means for bitcoin users? More domination of Coinbase as bitcoin exchange, more centralization of bitcoin's satellite services?
All I want at this moment is ability to load my Paypal account with bitcoins and transfer it to FIAT currencies in real time. Will I get it?
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 12:04:07 PM

this is a great news for bitcoin and those users who are using coinbase to trade bitcoin.

that would be so much better if they also add the option for money deposits through paypal also, because there is a lack of trusted service to use for buying bitcoin with paypal.

--looking for signature--
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:06:08 PM

Even tho Coinbase is shit and they should have gone with Bitpay just like Steam, it's still great for Bitcoin. This plus the Brexit, will keep the price going up, and once the halving kicks in we going 1000+ easy.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:10:02 PM

This is a very important message. This could bring changes to the way the deposit to paypal. there will be several ways to deposit and withdraw. this time paypal make greater bitcoin.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:11:19 PM

super good news! this is awsome, love that btc gets accepted on a bigger scale now Cheesy
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:16:21 PM

Yes, but it will take big fees on coinbase because as we know that paypal is reversible service who apply big fees for transaction bitcoin in here. Let's wait and see the proggess for next time.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:39:39 PM

Even tho Coinbase is shit and they should have gone with Bitpay just like Steam, it's still great for Bitcoin. This plus the Brexit, will keep the price going up, and once the halving kicks in we going 1000+ easy.

I think we just need to have a bit of patience until we see 4 figures again.
In 6 months from now on I see a chance this becoming reality.
Regarding PayPal they will disappear over the long run.Why using a middleman when Bitcoin was designed to circumvent those kind of  circumstances?!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: