Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bismuth and Clarity
Create two independent systems - 2 (22.2%)
Dev rewards like Dash and ZCASH, one system - 7 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TESTNET]Bismuth - New Language, Interpretation Engines, DAPPs  (Read 49699 times)
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

Hi guys, I have reset the name voting and removed the options nobody voted for. Consider this round 2, please vote again.

About the one interface mentioned in the post above, I think I could make a "launcher" later on

I added sapphire to voting, because the old sapphire project is long dead. nice name imo

Cool I like it! Smiley I'm glad you like it too Smiley
P.S. how is the weather there? Tongue
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:49:32 PM

If anyone wants to play around with my Stallion Ledger Query tool then it is available at:

https://github.com/maccaspacca/Stallion-Tools/tree/master/Ledger_Query

Just place the files in your Stallion folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Stallion) and run "ledger_query.cmd" as administrator

If you want a stand alone executable (for those without Python installed) then go to https://github.com/maccaspacca/Stallion-Tools/releases/tag/v0.20-beta

The executable is in the zip file - extract and place the .exe into your stallion folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Stallion) and run as administrator.

Once running just browse to "your_computer_ip_address":8080 to use the tool.

The default port of 8080 can be changed either in the "ledger_query.cmd" script if you are running the python version or running:

ledger_query.exe:<your_port> from an administrative command prompt.

Future releases will work on the look, feel and formatting.

HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 05:13:06 AM

It looks like Bismuth will remain Bismuth
9 days before I come back from vacation, so if you want to vote for a different name you still can
Also I would love to thank maccaspacca for his Bismuth tools, they are indeed awesome and help me understand linking and dynamic objects in web.py

gawlea

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:41:37 AM

It looks like Bismuth will remain Bismuth
9 days before I come back from vacation, so if you want to vote for a different name you still can
Also I would love to thank maccaspacca for his Bismuth tools, they are indeed awesome and help me understand linking and dynamic objects in web.py

@hclivess we can't wait to return from vacantion and start this project Cheesy take care!
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 03:50:48 AM

I have started reverting the rebranding, I will do the graphics when I arrive home. Thanks again for the awesome tools

madjihad

Activity: 227
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

is this the next pasc ?
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:45:17 PM

I made a new poll on the rebranding since the opinion on the Bismuth/Stallion naming is basically split in half.

A friend of mine suggested "Boa", which is a beautifully short, nice resounding name for a python-like snake, because the code is written in Python. The only other Boa project is some software from 1990s. Hence I voted for Boa.

I just voted. Boa seems great name

Me too - especially since it stands for Best Of All!
kakaxibkl

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:20:21 AM

Can't run on Ubuntu system?
gawlea

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:35:00 AM

As far as I know there isn't a linux client for now... this project is in it's early phase. Stay tunned coz dev is about to return from vacantion and will continue his work.
maccaspacca

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:38:39 PM

I have combined my Ledger and Miner Query website tools together in to one web application.

https://github.com/maccaspacca/Bismuth-Tools

There is a compiled release for those who do not have python installed (windows only)

I have tested on 64 bit Win 7 and Win 10 but can't guarantee if will work on all systems

My next project is to develop a gui version for desktop use.... if I have time Smiley

HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 09:04:42 AM

Hi, yes you should be able to run from Ubuntu. Some Linux systems have python installed by default.

What you need to run from the directory after you download zip/master branch from github releases and unpack it:

Code:
pip install pillow pyqrcode pypng pyinstaller web.py pycrypto simple-crypt

Code:
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --noconsole --log-level=INFO gui.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --log-level=INFO node.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --log-level=INFO miner.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --log-level=INFO ledger_explorer.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico --hidden-import=ledger_explorer

Then, you should be able to run your executable.
Alternatively, you can choose to run node/miner/gui.py directly without the second step (if you have pyhton installed).

maccaspacca

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:29:43 AM

A "gui" desktop version of my query tools is now in development

Initial developement screenshots can be found here:

https://github.com/maccaspacca/Bismuth-Tools/tree/master/Bismuth%20Query/gui

Smiley

gawlea

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:21:43 AM

A "gui" desktop version of my query tools is now in development

Initial developement screenshots can be found here:

https://github.com/maccaspacca/Bismuth-Tools/tree/master/Bismuth%20Query/gui

Smiley

Great work maccaspacca. This is very useful tool.
Offtopic: nice BTC  address! Smiley
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 10:29:09 AM

I updated the fee calculation to be more predictable, combined it with diff calc in gui to save resources, changed the float number handling (set to 8 decimals), undone some rebranding in GUI, set max coins (mining)

More updates here:
https://cryptobismuth.herokuapp.com/

gawlea

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:43:28 AM

I updated the fee calculation to be more predictable, combined it with diff calc in gui to save resources, changed the float number handling (set to 8 decimals), undone some rebranding in GUI, set max coins (mining)

More updates here:

Hi hclivess! Did you returned from your vacantion or you are still on the road? We can't wait to have you back doing your thing in Bismuth project Cheesy Take care!
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 09:35:09 AM

More updates here:

Hi hclivess! Did you returned from your vacantion or you are still on the road? We can't wait to have you back doing your thing in Bismuth project Cheesy Take care!

Hi, I'm back and making some changes already in preparation for the public release. Not releasing the new testnet version yet because it will break things (new fee calc, new notation)

kakaxibkl

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:38:11 PM

Hi, yes you should be able to run from Ubuntu. Some Linux systems have python installed by default.

What you need to run from the directory after you download zip/master branch from github releases and unpack it:

Code:
pip install pillow pyqrcode pypng pyinstaller web.py pycrypto simple-crypt

Code:
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --noconsole --log-level=INFO gui.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --log-level=INFO node.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --log-level=INFO miner.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico
pyinstaller --uac-admin --onefile --log-level=INFO ledger_explorer.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico --hidden-import=ledger_explorer

Then, you should be able to run your executable.
Alternatively, you can choose to run node/miner/gui.py directly without the second step (if you have pyhton installed).

I have installed pyhton,
But unable to execute wallet,
Please tell me how to do it, thank you
An error occurred while executing the following code: command not found
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
pyinstaller --uac-admin --noconsole --log-level=INFO gui.py --onefile --icon=graphics\icon.ico
Pyinstaller --uac-admin --log-level=INFO node.py --onefile --icon=graphics\icon.ico
Pyinstaller --uac-admin --log-level=INFO miner.py --onefile --icon=graphics\icon.ico
Pyinstaller --uac-admin --log-level=INFO ledger_explorer.py --icon=graphics\icon.ico --onefile --hidden-import=ledger_explorer
gawlea

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:49:45 PM

More updates here:

Hi, I'm back and making some changes already in preparation for the public release. Not releasing the new testnet version yet because it will break things (new fee calc, new notation)

Nice to have you back! Smiley
maccaspacca

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:09:58 PM

I have released first version of the Bismuth Query Tools Desktop Edition

If running from Python:

https://github.com/maccaspacca/Bismuth-Tools/tree/master/Bismuth%20Query/Desktop%20Edition

Compiled Windows executable:

https://github.com/maccaspacca/Bismuth-Tools/releases/tag/0.10-beta

Only tested on Win 10 but should work well on Win7 or better

Moving forward I will look at Linux version or testing on Linux

HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 11:29:01 PM

Awesome job. Thank you, maccaspacca. I have added link to your tools to the OP. There shouldn't be a problem compiling on Linux. The only issue I've ever had is icon/graphics handling, but I've only worked with tkinter. wx is amazing and I have overlooked it for long enough.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: