Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin less evil than PayPal?  (Read 5270 times)
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:42:59 AM

Paypal still following rules on regulation but not with bitcoin. Bitcoin wallet not connected with any central banks and its not using SWIFT code for transfer so i think bitcoin is very different with paypal. Paypal is like internet banking because using fiat money that attached to central banks rules

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:29:19 PM

Yes of course. Bitcoin is less evil than paypal
because although the value of the bitcoin in the market is affordable and chipper price there’s always be a side or in fact that they are secured that they will be profitable in this business and industry.
youngsoft

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:08:03 AM

Yes to me bitcoin simply brings more to the table and is less restrictive as far as its features and technological capabilities are concerned. Also, keep in mind that Bitcoin’s role as currency is just one of the many potential application of the blockchain technology but even so, Bitcoin is the clear winner offering numerous advantages over the aging PayPal.
Zahrowil Qolbi

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:20:18 AM

Paypal fees are too much in my opinion. they can easily lower the lower costs and still can generate huge profits. Bitcoin on the other hand costs next to nothing but nobody really likes to use, I think the learning curve for bitcoin is harder than to paypal if you are not computer literate.
roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:47:45 AM

If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

~CfA~
I think bitcoin is less evil than paypal.because paypal is full of charge of taxes.
D4ffyduck

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:38:38 AM

Paypal is evil when bitcoin is more evil because there are more bad attempts like scam, scam, ponzi in bitcoin and there is no way you can get your money after you've been cheated. On paypal there is still a way to stop scammers but bitcoin is a wild world that also depends on its usage. Cool
kencot

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:58:54 AM

I do not really understand so I will not care about it. Maybe both are equally evil, because now even paypal receive bitcoin transactions.
euodiasuryani

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:08:42 AM

If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

I think if bitcoin for exchange or payment is okay. Same as paypal. But however even paypal is early used, but can not defend bitcoin. Bitcoin also can trade and the price can lower or higher.

dartvaider

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:35:14 PM

Bitcoin is not at all evil, it doesn't have any brain and so i could say that bitcoin is not a eveil not a good one but its the way how we use the currency, it's bitcoin good coin! Grin
Yeahnoh

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:07:11 PM

It's a little unfair to refer to Bitcoin and PayPal as evils if people just find ways to use them for bad purposes. The intended use of PayPal is to make global transactions easier and that's it, humans will find a bad use for anything imo

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 [ STEALTH PROJECT ] ANONYMOUS BROWSER AND CRYPTO WALLET WITH COIN MIXER 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
http://stealthwallet.pro
Giftedcrypt

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:18:22 PM

I don't think Bitcoin has anything evil around it,its very transparent,unlike PayPal that you don't know what goes on behind the seen..you might not track your transactions, if you are not careful..
Qpeeps

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:39:25 PM

IN THEORY Bitcoin cannot be evil since it is (or should be) a decentralized system owned by nobody. However, increasing centraliation of Bitcoin mining and BTC (in the hand of waves) is altering the equation of goodness/badness quite a bit.
SweetCryptoNews

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:48:23 PM

I think that in any of these platforms should be more careful man himself. Payment platforms are not evil. But even taking a neutral position, I still choose Bitcoin.
vnnbot

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:04:10 PM

bitcoin is much better than this outdated system. There are several evidences to this: low commission rates, community support, ready to develop and improve to satisfy consumers and users. these are additional opportunities in the form of a variety of coins and self-storage of money. further - the availability of bitcoins around the world. in general, at the local level, it is controlled, but it can not be forbidden all over the world, because for this it is necessary to turn off electricity or the Internet.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:18:00 PM

Paypal is truly the worst. I just had someone "accidentally" put $130 into my account and then email me saying I stole the money and to return it to them right away. Of course I just ignored this person. They even tried to contact me on facebook messenger! In the end paypal reversed the transaction without me having to do anything. I guarantee if I had sent that money back I would be out $130 right now.

Paypal also is still holding $150 I tried to use to buy a painting by a Cuban artist (in Miami). Because the transaction had the word "Cuban" in it they are basically going to hold my money until I get a letter from the treasury department...
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:28:51 PM

I'm not very familiar with paypal as evil because i don't used it but for bitcoin i don't see evil on it and bitcoin provide me a good things in life especially for financial freedom, the only evil i see is the people who make bad things and uses bitcoin for their evil activities.
jackjones53

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:45:18 PM

bitcoin is much better than this outdated system. There are several evidences to this: low commission rates, community support, ready to develop and improve to satisfy consumers and users. these are additional opportunities in the form of a variety of coins and self-storage of money. further - the availability of bitcoins around the world. in general, at the local level, it is controlled, but it can not be forbidden all over the world, because for this it is necessary to turn off electricity or the Internet.
I would also add the following factors in favor of bitcoin: it is unlimited transactions, which can not be said about PayPal, decentralized bitcoin, which makes it possible to secure the system from hacking hackers. further - it's versatility: when using PayPal you need to have access to the Internet and a credit card; Bitcoin also allows you to send money even via SMS with an outdated phone model.
digroske

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:16:14 AM

There are many advantages of bitcoin that will place it over paypal. First, the transactions with bitcoins are instantly done. It is less complicated and scammers can be dodged. Just watch where you are buying from.
I believe that investing in bitcoin is more reliable, since you yourself are your own bank)
dorofeev
Copper Member

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:24:16 AM

Certainly it is better than PayPal because there is no risk of account getting suspended. PayPal suspends or closes accounts frequently without any valid reasons.
Mecedes_JP

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:43:45 AM

I don't consider Paypal evil Smiley from point of view of its usefulness it is all right Smiley Bitcoin is just better!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: