Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin available soon to trade on etoro  (Read 7280 times)
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:10:42 PM

This rally is far from being over  Smiley

You do realize that leverage can be used to speculate against bitcoin too, right?

tl:dr; The shorts are coming!

That is fine, it will keep price more stable. You cannot short when trend is bullish because you lose money. But you can short when there is a bubble, you make money not allowing bubble to grow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 10:11:30 PM

You do realize that leverage can be used to speculate against bitcoin too, right?

Every short that opens has to be closed sooner or later. Repeat after me: For every BTC sold through shorting, a BTC will have to be bought to close the position. Shorting's net effect will be exactly zero. All this will do this stabilize the price, as shorting can temporarily suppress the price if it rises too fast in the eyes of the bears, which is a good thing.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:13:56 PM

repeat after me:

how do we know they cover every coin they trade on their platform?
Papergold - fine
Paperbitcoin - better be a offline wallet!!!!

don't let me make you question your assumptions
labestiol (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:30:12 PM

I do. And I'll be happy to take the other side of the trade.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
2_Thumbs_Up

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:36:59 PM

Every short that opens has to be closed sooner or later. Repeat after me: For every BTC sold through shorting, a BTC will have to be bought to close the position. Shorting's net effect will be exactly zero. All this will do this stabilize the price, as shorting can temporarily suppress the price if it rises too fast in the eyes of the bears, which is a good thing.
And even more imporantly, it provides liquidity in the event of a crash as the shorts cover their positions. Thus making it easier to find the floor.

This is why banning short selling during the 2008 crash in the financial markets were so stupid. The shorts were basically the only buyers during the crash. When it was banned there were only sellers left, which increased the volatility.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:46:34 PM

quote from site "The funds shares are distributed exclusively through the EXANTE Hedge Fund Marketplace platform" 

I see where EXANTE is listed on the HYIP Monitor site:

http://www.hyips-monitor.com/?search=EXANTE

Maybe Pirate's got a piece of this action...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Nick

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:12:25 AM

quote from site "The funds shares are distributed exclusively through the EXANTE Hedge Fund Marketplace platform" 

I see where EXANTE is listed on the HYIP Monitor site:

http://www.hyips-monitor.com/?search=EXANTE

Maybe Pirate's got a piece of this action...

I think that's just a scam with a similar name. Try https://exante.eu/.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:55:54 AM

I think that's just a scam with a similar name. Try https://exante.eu/.

Ah, yes.  Thank you.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:02:38 AM

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 02:21:07 PM

CEO of etoro is funding bitcoinx.org (they are working on colored coins, aka ripple on the bitcoin block-chain). I talk to Yoni all the time, trying to convince him to do colored coins my way, and that if he does I'll make him the richest man in the world. Haven't convinced him of that yet, but he is definitely into bitcoins big-time.

siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:13:45 PM

are you joking?...

yeah, you gotta buy back what you shorted, at a lower price!!!!

40btc at $50 are not the same as 40btc at ten....
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:32:27 PM

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:59:41 PM

I can hear the cries already from the margin calls

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:07:44 PM

i hope they are aware that they cannot apply the usual CFD logic with bitcoin. unlike gold or big securities even modest amount of money can swing the price. someone should tell them before they get burned
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 04:12:35 PM

i hope they are aware that they cannot apply the usual CFD logic with bitcoin. unlike gold or big securities even modest amount of money can swing the price. someone should tell them before they get burned

Why tell them? Better to skin them and put the pelt up on the wall.

myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:13:32 PM

short magin calls or long margin calls ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

Doesn't really matter. They'll both be crying soon... gambling is still gambling, and only the house wins  Grin
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:00:09 PM

Well I think we are a long way away from anyone having a chance with a long term short. Maybe if we get up past 300 this year it will be possible... otherwise, they are just asking for pain.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:15:57 PM

Well I think we are a long way away from anyone having a chance with a long term short. Maybe if we get up past 300 this year it will be possible... otherwise, they are just asking for pain.
data> guess
FORCED EXECUTED @ 47.7499(-6.87): was FORCED PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.7499(-0.02)

FORCED EXECUTED @ 47.581(-12.49): was FORCED PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.6801(-0.76),PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.6801(-0.01),PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.6801(-0.01),PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.6801(-0.01),PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.68(-0.01),PARTIALLY FILLED @ 47.68(-0.01),PARTIALLY
https://bitfinex.com/pages/public_log

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: