Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass bitcoin address balance checker  (Read 4614 times)
Patrick349 (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:43:56 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 09:50:52 PM by Patrick349

I have a list of a few bitcoin addresses (around 2.000) and I am searching for a program to see the balance of all the addresses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:01:28 PM

Hey guys,

I have a list of a few bitcoin addresses (around 2.000) and I am searching for a tool / a programm to see the balance of all the addresses.
If you know a programm / tool like this please tell me about this. Smiley

Best regards,

Patrick

I don't have any tool about this but i have an idea how this can be done using macros. You put these bitcoin addresses in a text file (one for line), go to blockchain.info/address/x and scrape the final balance save them in an external file (one for line) and at the end with a for loop calculate all rows.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:21:45 PM

Hey guys,

I have a list of a few bitcoin addresses (around 2.000) and I am searching for a tool / a programm to see the balance of all the addresses.

Best regards,

Patrick

I am using my iPhone App, called the BTCM to check prices, monitor my addresses (in BTC and USD) and there is also a function to track all your "assets". I have been using it for 2 years and it has been good. You can try it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/btcm-bitcoin-monitor/id656527878?mt=8
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:25:44 PM

Hey guys,

Best regards,

Patrick

I don't have any tool about this but i have an idea how this can be done using macros. You put these bitcoin addresses in a text file (one for line), go to blockchain.info/address/x and scrape the final balance save them in an external file (one for line) and at the end with a for loop calculate all rows.

For 2k addresses, scraping off the site is silly, given that Blockchain.info has an actual API.

OP: I can script up something in Java if you'd like.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
hexafraction

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:06:14 PM

Yeah this would be very nice if you could make a tool with Java. Smiley

OK, I'll do so this afternoon. No cost to you, will provide both runnable JAR and source code. Command-line OK or do you prefer a graphical interface?

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
hexafraction

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:13:15 PM

OK, I'll do so this afternoon. No cost to you, will provide both runnable JAR and source code. Command-line OK or do you prefer a graphical interface?

A graphical interface where I can easily paste the addresses would be nice.
But if it would be possile to import just a text file via command line this would be also okay. Smiley

Done. It allows both pasting and import of a text file, and has a GUI. Please let me know if you need any export/summary feature added.

Source (Java+Maven+IntelliJ IDEA)
Runnable JAR

Source code is made available in the top link and should compile as-is with IDEA. Bottom link is runnable JAR, compiled with Maven as a jar containing dependencies (see pom.xml in source for more details). It should just run on double-click or with a command line (java -jar /path/to/jar)

hexafraction

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:26:01 PM

A graphical interface where I can easily paste the addresses would be nice.
But if it would be possile to import just a text file via command line this would be also okay. Smiley

Done. It allows both pasting and import of a text file, and has a GUI. Please let me know if you need any export/summary feature added.

Source (Java+Maven+IntelliJ IDEA)
Runnable JAR

Source code is made available in the top link and should compile as-is with IDEA. Bottom link is runnable JAR, compiled with Maven as a jar containing dependencies (see pom.xml in source for more details). It should just run on double-click or with a command line (java -jar /path/to/jar)

An export function would also be nice and is it possible to add a counter where you can see the total balance of all added addresses together added up? Smiley

Thank you,

Patrick

OK, I'll do those momentarily.

hexafraction

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:54:25 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 01:31:38 PM by hexafraction

Done. JAR and source at https://github.com/hexafraction/btc-address-checker

If this program helps you then feel free to donate to the address under my profile info but do not feel obligated in any way to do so.

danda

Activity: 201
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 11:47:29 PM

it's not exactly what you are asking for, but bitprices can show you all transactions and a total balance for all the addresses with historical prices, as if they belonged to a single wallet.  ( even if they don't. )

Hey guys,

Best regards,

Patrick

mybitprices.info - wallet auditing   |  hd-wallet-derive - derive keys locally |  hd-wallet-addrs - find used addrs
lightning-nodes - list of LN nodes  |  coinparams - params for 300+ alts  |  jsonrpc-cli - cli jsonrpc client
subaddress-derive-xmr - monero offline wallet tool
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:59:17 PM

Blockonomics wallet watcher  can do this for you. Their free plan gives 50 addresses.  You can contact them to upgrade to higher number of addresses.

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:00:44 AM

You could manually set up a watch-only account on blockchain.info, but you'll have to input every single one of the 2000 addresses. Or if they're all part of the same wallet, you can check that easily.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 06:53:47 AM

I may be wrong but if your plans are to scrape that list that has  "every known" bitcoin address that was posted in the general section then your going to be a bit dissapointed with the results you get. Unless this is a list of addresses you know have been used. How Did you get on with the program that hexafraction supplied? I dont like to download anything off here just incase.

hexafraction

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:14:24 PM

How Did you get on with the program that hexafraction supplied? I dont like to download anything off here just incase.

The source is made available. If you don't trust my code or compiler you're welcome to download it, review it for the security concerns you have, and compile it for yourself.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 03:19:48 AM

Done. JAR and source.

If this program helps you then feel free to donate to the address under my profile info but do not feel obligated in any way to do so.

Why anyone would put a link to their source code as a mega download is a huge red flag. Why not just post it on pastebin or github? I'd advise everyone not to click on those links.

xcbtrader

Activity: 865
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:00:24 AM

Hello

It's easy to check 2000 address balance (or more) with python program and any existing open API.

If you are interested I can put a code sample here.
a greeting

hexafraction

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:02:05 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 01:31:58 PM by hexafraction

Done. JAR and source.

Why anyone would put a link to their source code as a mega download is a huge red flag. Why not just post it on pastebin or github? I'd advise everyone not to click on those links.

You're right; I'll repost it on Github later today. Pastebin is out of the question due to multiple files being involved (IDEA form files, Java source, maven configuration)

Edit: Source is now at https://github.com/hexafraction/btc-address-checker. Thanks for the heads-up.

oivuiqua1111

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

Hey guys,

Best regards,

Patrick

I am using my iPhone App, called the BTCM to check prices, monitor my addresses (in BTC and USD) and there is also a function to track all your "assets". I have been using it for 2 years and it has been good. You can try it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/btcm-bitcoin-monitor/id656527878?mt=8
1 vote for BTCM, im using it and its pretty good so far
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:58:28 AM

Done. JAR and source.

You're right; I'll repost it on Github later today. Pastebin is out of the question due to multiple files being involved (IDEA form files, Java source, maven configuration)

Edit: Source is now at https://github.com/hexafraction/btc-address-checker. Thanks for the heads-up.
the import option, what kind of file can be imported? .txt,  .csv??
Coding Enthusiast
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:04:14 AM

♯snip♯
the import option, what kind of file can be imported? .txt,  .csv??

It is open source so you can just check it out. I am no expert in Java but it seems like it only takes a file containing addresses each in 1 line so you can not import .csv file.

Also it seems like it is using blockr.io, and that website/API no longer exists.

Projects List+Suggestion box
Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
|
|
|
FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git