Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:24:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH miner clCreateBuffer(-61) GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk  (Read 12848 times)
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:56:43 PM

Try this

--vectors 1 --no-submit-stale --gpu-threads 1 --scan-time 2 --queue 0

One more question.

I have got 2 GPU's now. One 6970 and one 6950.
I get "Pool 0 not providing work fast enough" like every minute.

Is there any possibility to get the work faster or change to another pool?

I had the same problem already with one card.

Try higher/ lower difficulty port? Worth a try.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1337leet (OP)

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:23:10 PM

I did so - but same problem.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

Ignore the issue, its a bug but everything is working perfectly fine.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
1337leet (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:07:30 PM

Ignore the issue, its a bug but everything is working perfectly fine.

All right - thank you very much Smiley
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:24:49 PM

anybody cured this problem yet, running r9 270 2gb, around 3am this morn it refused to mine ETH, miner clCreateBuffer(-61) GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk, tried all the setx options but still no joy.....

any info gratefully appreciated
1337leet (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:33:01 PM

anybody cured this problem yet, running r9 270 2gb, around 3am this morn it refused to mine ETH, miner clCreateBuffer(-61) GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk, tried all the setx options but still no joy.....

The DAG file rises all the time. And if it hits the maximum ram of your card it stops mining.

Try to set GPU_MEMORY_ALLOCATION to 100%
trickyriky

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:44:11 PM

The DAG file rises all the time. And if it hits the maximum ram of your card it stops mining.

yeah i tried that and it still refuses to mine eth, tried all variations of the following options as well but still no joy Sad

setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

go on tell me to wake up and lose the x off setx haha its still too early Sad
1337leet (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:59:18 PM

yeah i tried that and it still refuses to mine eth, tried all variations of the following options as well but still no joy Sad

I also haven't managed to get my cards running.

Someone told me to use this Catalyst version: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-4WINReleaseNotes.aspx

He said it will work with it... but I don't wanna downgrade my catalyst just in case it could be possible that it will work then.

Maybe you should try this catalyst version and tell me if it solved the problem.
trickyriky

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:16:58 PM

I also haven't managed to get my cards running.

Someone told me to use this Catalyst version: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-4WINReleaseNotes.aspx

He said it will work with it... but I don't wanna downgrade my catalyst just in case it could be possible that it will work then.

Maybe you should try this catalyst version and tell me if it solved the problem.

better option, i just got it mining eth once more by upgrading the catalyst to the latest release 17/03/16 ver 16.3.1 release Wink and dropping the "x" off setx

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

hope this helps some other 2gb card miners Smiley
stream512

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:55:54 PM

Try the drivers listed at https://stream512.com/downloads . If that doesn't work on its own, try reducing the display resolution and otherwise following the instructions on the homepage of https://stream512.com .

Disclaimer: obviously, I run that site. Thought it would be helpful for you though.
danda

Activity: 201
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 05:47:31 AM

I fixed it!   at least it works for me.

I was having the same problem with a couple R9 270s and even (sometimes) a 7970 3Gb card.

I created ethminer-genoil-chunked: a fork of genoil's miner (from March) that includes a patch from equinox for chunked mining.  (The patch was for official ethminer but was never accepted.)  All my GPUs are busily mining eth again.

Sorry, no binaries.  You will need to compile it yourself.  Instructions are in the README.

happy mining.

mybitprices.info - wallet auditing   |  hd-wallet-derive - derive keys locally |  hd-wallet-addrs - find used addrs
lightning-nodes - list of LN nodes  |  coinparams - params for 300+ alts  |  jsonrpc-cli - cli jsonrpc client
subaddress-derive-xmr - monero offline wallet tool
Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:35:13 PM

Hey guys,

I was just about to set up a ETH miner, but I always get the error, that the DAG file could not be allocated.

I use QtMiner on Windows 7 64 Bit with a HD 6950 (2GB).

Anyone has an idea what's the problem?

You need:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
danda

Activity: 201
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 05:33:15 PM

If this doesn't work for you, try the chunked ethminer I posted above.

You need:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

mybitprices.info - wallet auditing   |  hd-wallet-derive - derive keys locally |  hd-wallet-addrs - find used addrs
lightning-nodes - list of LN nodes  |  coinparams - params for 300+ alts  |  jsonrpc-cli - cli jsonrpc client
subaddress-derive-xmr - monero offline wallet tool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: