Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:54:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FoxyCart now supports Bitcoin! (Beta Launch)  (Read 7577 times)
lukestokes (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 08:10:57 PM

Less than a month ago, I posted in this fine forum to gauge the interest in our ecommerce company (FoxyCart) adding Bitcoin support.

Your response blew me away! I was amazed to see @WikileaksDude update the OP with a quote of my post along with a big red "Lets show some love to FoxyCart!" note. We definitely felt the love.

The more I learned about Bitcoin and this community, the more excited I got about supporting it! I even blogged about Bitcoin on my personal blog. We reprioritized some things on our end and have been working on supporting Bitpay as a payment option for our shopping cart platform as well as allowing customers to pay for FoxyCart services using Bitcoin.

We're really excited about this!

We literally just finished up the code today which allows stores on 1.1 to add Bitpay as a payment option. We also retooled our activation page so when you're ready to take your version 1.1 store live, you can pay us with Bitcoin. In addition, we're offering a 5% discount for those who pay for FoxyCart services in Bitcoin.

This is new territory for us. We're taking a chance and hoping it will benefit everyone involved. If you are a web developer or you're working with a developer, please help us spread the word.

As always, you can post in our forums (or here) if you have any questions or concerns: http://forum.foxycart.com

Thank you for your support.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 09:11:30 PM

This is new territory for us. We're taking a chance and hoping it will benefit everyone involved. If you are a web developer or you're working with a developer, please help us spread the word.

This is awesome. I sure wish E-Junkie would integrate Bitcoin into their service. I am going to have to quite patronizing them pretty soon unless they do something about it.

So at the least you will not lose current customers and at the best you will gain new customers and potentially market share from other carts that do not have Bitcoin integrated.

lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 10:50:24 PM

This is awesome. I sure wish E-Junkie would integrate Bitcoin into their service. I am going to have to quite patronizing them pretty soon unless they do something about it.

So at the least you will not lose current customers and at the best you will gain new customers and potentially market share from other carts that do not have Bitcoin integrated.

Thanks so much for your support, sunnankar. The first user that pays us in Bitcoin to activate their store will definitely put a big smile on my face. Smiley

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:00:15 PM

If I had a store to activate, I would.  Wink
jonitas

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 01:15:38 AM

Congratulations! And a really nice blog post btw!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:32:18 PM

Nice!

lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 01:58:33 AM

If I had a store to activate, I would.  Wink

Cool. Smiley Keep us in mind and tell your friends.

Congratulations! And a really nice blog post btw!

Thanks! It's quickly become one of my most popular ones. It has also started quite a few interesting conversations among the Nashville, TN developer community.

Nice!

Smiley

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 11:50:42 PM

we're happy to have you!  keep up the great work!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 08:42:06 PM

We're finalizing some things with our 1.1 beta version. Though publicly available now, it will be the default version once we go live with it (probably next week). Hopefully we'll see our first Bitcoin paying customer soon... Smiley

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 12:58:21 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 08:59:06 PM by zedicus

I know this thread is 4 months old but i just saw it and wanted to leave a testimonial for foxycart!

We have been using it for a while now and i love it ! We are still rocking foxycart 0.7.2 only because i have a dont fix whats not broke policy but im looking forward to upgrading to version 1.1 eventually!~

Also adam from foxycart kindly coded us a custom script for "free shipping over x amount" excluding certain categories and i think an upgrade would tank the script.. so we are a bit reluctant to upgrade.

Nonetheless, foxycart is amazing, its robust, yet simple, has features like downloadable goods, live rates for shipping, discounts & coupon system.. a community forum and much more!

A big thanks to everyone at foxycart! Luke, adam & brett!  + sparksweb too!! You guys rock!

Foxycart FTW!!!!

Best Regard,
Zedicus

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 09:07:51 PM

Wow! Thanks for the great review!

In a world of paid and fake reviews, these mean so much to us. Mind if we add it to our site's testimony section?

Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:11:27 PM

Less than a month ago, I posted in this fine forum to gauge the interest in our ecommerce company (FoxyCart) adding Bitcoin support.

Your response blew me away! I was amazed to see @WikileaksDude update the OP with a quote of my post along with a big red "Lets show some love to FoxyCart!" note. We definitely felt the love.

The more I learned about Bitcoin and this community, the more excited I got about supporting it! I even blogged about Bitcoin on my personal blog. We reprioritized some things on our end and have been working on supporting Bitpay as a payment option for our shopping cart platform as well as allowing customers to pay for FoxyCart services using Bitcoin.

We're really excited about this!

We literally just finished up the code today which allows stores on 1.1 to add Bitpay as a payment option. We also retooled our activation page so when you're ready to take your version 1.1 store live, you can pay us with Bitcoin. In addition, we're offering a 5% discount for those who pay for FoxyCart services in Bitcoin.

As always, you can post in our forums (or here) if you have any questions or concerns: http://forum.foxycart.com

Thank you for your support.

Good to hear it.  I'm going to check out your page.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 11:25:10 PM

Wow! Thanks for the great review!

In a world of paid and fake reviews, these mean so much to us. Mind if we add it to our site's testimony section?

Hey Luke!

Yeah we have been using it for a little under two years now.
Initially we just ran through the wiki and lurked the forums a bit and we got by fine. When we needed help, adam came through in the clutch and we have been on autopilot for quite some time. We started using wordpress as a content management system and found sparksweb and his intergration with wordspress! Foxyshop has been the icing on the cake! You guys have a good combination that is built for success... great product, great support and your expanding the platform with support for great things like stripe and bitcoin so its keeping foxycart modern and up to par with the best of the best! Good stuff luke..

If you guys had an affiliate program!! That would be the ticket!

Btw ( Please feel free to use my testimonial on the site! )

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 01:48:25 AM

I get annoyed at my business partner at times for not promoting our affiliate program enough. Go sign up here: http://affiliate.foxycart.com/

We should give a special bonus if someone refers a user who pays us in Bitcoin. I'm still waiting for that to happen (we do offer a 5% discount).

Yeah David and FoxyShop are great. We also have some really exciting stuff coming too. Four major projects, actually, but we just decided last week to focus on one at a time. Stay tuned to our blog.

zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 02:48:23 AM

^^ How the hell did i miss that! Thats great! Thanks for the link.. I just bookmarked youre blog too.  I will sign up to the AP later tonight.

+1 for the special bonus for bitcoin user referral!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: [1]
  Print