Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:00:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS] [ Stratum ] give-me-ltc.com 1% FEE [10 block confirms!]  (Read 29859 times)
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:48:12 AM

Do watcha gotta do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serraz (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:23:33 AM

The Update will be happening a hour or so from now. We have already begun to change setting and set things up all that will be required is a reboot and db sync. Again this should only take us up to 10 min
thepj

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:40:24 AM

Thanks serraz and Haos for everything that you are doing to help us out. I know that script kiddies think its funny to ddos, but it really isn't. Still is the best pool for LTC!!
serraz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:26:38 AM

Upgrades in process. Site may be up and down for a few min.

Will post as soon as its done.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:48:37 AM

OK thanks for the updates! Love this pool, its the best out there in my opinion!
serraz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:26:04 AM

Upgrades in process. Site may be up and down for a few min.

Will post as soon as its done.

Should be back online!! Fees are at 0% for a day then 1% until further notice this shoudl help make up for lsot mining time.

Happy Mining Smiley
Chiz

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:12:35 AM

Down again :\ le sigh
serraz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:26:39 AM

I'll have a look thanks for letting me know but as I always say emailing me is faster
Harry_Styles

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:31:49 AM

I'll have a look thanks for letting me know but as I always say emailing me is faster

Yeah also down for me :/
serraz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:47:11 AM

Ok well we know the firewall works :\ was blocking monitoring so our host was rebooting server. Should be ok now if not please email!!!!
Harry_Styles

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:51:13 AM

All good now, thanks. Will email for future reference.
serraz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:59:58 AM

All good now, thanks. Will email for future reference.

cheers for the notice tho Smiley. I guess it was a good test for the firewall :\ luckly it wasn't down for to long
kha0S

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:18:08 PM

Some users have reported problems connecting to pool GetWork servers on port 80 (or port 8080). If you are in that situation, just change to port 443 (or 9332).
We are currently fixing the problem affecting that ports.

GIVE-ME-COINS.com - The Professional Multicoin Pool -BTC LTC PPC FTC VTC

KHORE Pool - The biggest & fastest NVC pool

destruct

Activity: 1232

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:46:33 PM

All pools the pool you have are currently dead.. I had a different miner on each one to stop downtime as much as possible but they are all getting "cant find server"

The port change work around unfortunately didn't do anything :/

kha0S

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:50:08 PM

Our protection system detected a new DDoS attack during the last ours that was successfully blocked . During the attacks some valid connections have been blocked on ports being attacked, so we recommend all miners to keep trying different ports.

We are working hard to solve this problem, and keep attackers out of the pool servers, and miners in. As soon as attack stops all miners will be able to connect without further problems.

All pools the pool you have are currently dead.. I had a different miner on each one to stop downtime as much as possible but they are all getting "cant find server"

markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:09:13 PM

Our protection system detected a new DDoS attack during the last ours that was successfully blocked . During the attacks some valid connections have been blocked on ports being attacked, so we recommend all miners to keep trying different ports.

We are working hard to solve this problem, and keep attackers out of the pool servers, and miners in. As soon as attack stops all miners will be able to connect without further problems.

I assume you are getting all these DDOS attacks because give-me-ltc.com is the largest LTC pool controling the highest abount of network hashrate?

If so looks like an attempt to lower the difficulty by taking hashrate offline? I have used you since finding you mid April and all was brillaint until 2nd May. Then it's been trouble ever since difficulty jumped to 492.

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
serraz (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:56:04 AM

I assume you are getting all these DDOS attacks because give-me-ltc.com is the largest LTC pool controling the highest abount of network hashrate?

If so looks like an attempt to lower the difficulty by taking hashrate offline? I have used you since finding you mid April and all was brillaint until 2nd May. Then it's been trouble ever since difficulty jumped to 492.

M

it could be. Its unknown but it seems to happen quiet a lot to mainly the top 5 pools. But others have had it also.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:16:10 PM

I am confused on how a firewall will help stop a ddos attack in any appreciable way unless the attacker is stupid and/or you have
a massive internet pipe going into the firewall.

First. An attacker will spoof the source IP. You cannot block based on that. Blocking based on dest is silly. That is your IP.

If you drop all packets to unused ports they will simply port scan the pub IP and choose open ports which you must have for miners
to connect.

If they can hit you hard enough to fill up the internet pipe connecting to your firewall the game is already over.

etc.. etc..

Maybe you bought a paid for firewall service and they gave you a web interface to make changes on? If so that is neat.
Sucker probably has a 10GE connection going into it just so it can survive a 1 gbit/sec DOS.

Thanks for any info.

kha0S

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:09:59 PM

We mentioned "new layers". That implies more than one...
All you said is true. All sites can be put out, as long as you can generate enough traffic to fill their pipes. Doesn't matter how many protection systems they have!

We don't claim to be DDoS proof as other do. We just do our best to prevent new outages creating new "layers" of security.

Cheers!

I am confused on how a firewall will help stop a ddos attack in any appreciable way unless the attacker is stupid and/or you have
a massive internet pipe going into the firewall.

First. An attacker will spoof the source IP. You cannot block based on that. Blocking based on dest is silly. That is your IP.

If you drop all packets to unused ports they will simply port scan the pub IP and choose open ports which you must have for miners
to connect.

If they can hit you hard enough to fill up the internet pipe connecting to your firewall the game is already over.

etc.. etc..

Maybe you bought a paid for firewall service and they gave you a web interface to make changes on? If so that is neat.
Sucker probably has a 10GE connection going into it just so it can survive a 1 gbit/sec DOS.

Thanks for any info.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:36:18 AM

Ok, noob question, isn't there some way to only allow incoming connections from allowed IP, and block the rest ? The allowed IP would naturally be those of your minions.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: