Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:10:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the bubble exploding right in front of us?!  (Read 5305 times)
confused (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:50:04 PM

I really believed in the bitcoins concept, but now it looks like a sad bubble that is about to explode in any moment. I almost put money when it was 30, but luckily I couldn't manage going to the back to do the wire. Sometimes when you feel unlucky you find out later that you were lucky.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
confused (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:52:01 PM

And as I write these lines I see that the price is still dropping...
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:52:16 PM

It's going back all the way down to 0. Everyone will stop trading, turn off the thousands of graphics cards, uninstall the client, etc. Exactly the same thing happened with egold.
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:53:53 PM

The bubble is dead! Long live the bubble!
Bitcoinfrance

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 09:55:59 PM

speculation + tradehill + noob + geek = bubble explosion

expect a gain in ~7 days.
[set #loop1]
Every ppl afraid will /quit the project and only concerned ppl will continue in this project Smiley

expect another bubble explosion in a couple of month  :p
[goto #loop1]
confused (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:56:10 PM

It's going back all the way down to 0. Everyone will stop trading, turn off the thousands of graphics cards, uninstall the client, etc. Exactly the same thing happened with egold.

People can make easy money only for a short while, so those who were smart enough to sell at 30 made money. Early adopters can still sell and make money, but the believers will not cash out until they lost it all.
besco

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:56:33 PM

I personally hope it. Bitcoins should be used for commerce and not for speculation.
Enochian

Activity: 327
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:56:52 PM

I really believed in the bitcoins concept, but now it looks like a sad bubble that is about to explode in any moment. I almost put money when it was 30, but luckily I couldn't manage going to the back to do the wire. Sometimes when you feel unlucky you find out later that you were lucky.

At present, Bitcoin is useful as a transactional currency, but it is too volatile to be used as a long term store of wealth or as an investment.

So one should not "put money into Bitcoin," unless it is for fun, and it is speculative capital you don't mind losing.

tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:00:53 PM

Good, then I can mine bunch all by myself Smiley
imperi

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:04:13 PM

Good, then I can mine bunch all by myself Smiley

You and me both. We can have a 2 person economy.  Grin
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:04:14 PM

No the bubble already exploded...what your seeing now is collateral damage..

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
confused (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:04:34 PM

At present, Bitcoin is useful as a transactional currency, but it is too volatile to be used as a long term store of wealth or as an investment.

So one should not "put money into Bitcoin," unless it is for fun, and it is speculative capital you don't mind losing.

Bitcoin is not backed up by anything, so when one card falls all the building collapses.
imperi

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:06:26 PM

Bitcoin is not backed up by anything, so when one card falls all the building collapses.

What is gold backed by?
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:06:51 PM

So when gold collapses, what does it fall back to? Its commodity value?
imperi

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:07:36 PM

So when gold collapses, what does it fall back to? Its commodity value?

I think his implication is that gold is backed by other currencies, which happen to be backed by gold.
confused (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:07:41 PM

What is gold backed by?

By itself. Gold is a commodity that has demand regardless of any currency.
imperi

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:08:17 PM

What is gold backed by?

By itself. Gold is a commodity that has demand regardless of any currency.

LOL. ok, you win the debate, I will go back to watching Camelot.
btcLeger

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:08:40 PM

come on, we had a massiv exaggeration the last days, look at the charts. If the price comes back down to 5$ its not the end of Bitcoin, its a step into more stability. Hopefully.

I use TradeHill instant BTC trading: http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R11320

donations: 12BdMNcn7VQitFGMhtRojvwXbrX3Jcs9U6
finnthecelt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:08:58 PM

I personally hope it. Bitcoins should be used for commerce and not for speculation.

That's just plain silly. Any medium of exchange will be speculated upon. Simple economics. Otherwise it wouldn't be a medium of exchange!!!
soades

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:09:39 PM

looks like more of a correction
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: