Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:32:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TWTIA.com - The Winner Takes It All! - Bitcoin Auction Game  (Read 1405 times)
TWTIA.com (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 05:52:53 PM

is there any way to see the last bids from everyone ?

On http://twtia.com/ you can see the current highest bid amount. Then on the Blockchain you can see all the details, including address and time of each bid:

https://blockchain.info/address/3HFe9pr52azPQ3s2UUssrAXYubUxuTwtSD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LegitPoker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

BitLegit.com - btc poker

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 06:27:59 PM

How does the site generate revenue if the bids get added to the jackpot?

also, what about double spends. I dont know much about them but this seems like a place the scammers would use the trick.
TWTIA.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 06:38:38 PM

also, what about double spends. I dont know much about them but this seems like a place the scammers would use the trick.

House margin is 5% (only on the won amount - winning bid is returned entirely). Regarding double spends before paying the jackpot 3 confirmations on all transactions are waited.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 01:30:18 AM

Maybe you can also ban addresses that try to double spend, and addresses that receive the change from a banned address.

Maybe you should add more auctions with different times, some of them like only 1 hour or less.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 02:36:04 AM

House margin is 5% (only on the won amount - winning bid is returned entirely). Regarding double spends before paying the jackpot 3 confirmations on all transactions are waited.
That won't work. If I send an transaction in the last 5 minutes, and it hasn't confirmed, but someone else outbids me, I can double spend that transaction, giving me an (almost) risk free chance of winning, and possibly cheating others to force them to make higher bets. Consider adding a policy that the transaction only counts as a valid bid if it confirms before the end time. Will combat sniping, and will also make the game more interesting. Banning addresses won't work. It is easy to mix your coins using exchanges, with little or no fees. I can fully mix my coins, leaving no fees by going My Wallet -> Nitrogensports -> Primedice.com -> Moneypot.com -> Other exchange -> New wallet

taking a break - expect delayed responses
TWTIA.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 10:02:10 AM

Maybe you should add more auctions with different times, some of them like only 1 hour or less.

As of now auction time is 6 hours, i.e. there are 4 auctions per day: this should cover all time zones. With more user engagement yes, we could do more than 4 per day.

If I send an transaction in the last 5 minutes, and it hasn't confirmed, but someone else outbids me, I can double spend that transaction, giving me an (almost) risk free chance of winning, and possibly cheating others to force them to make higher bets. Consider adding a policy that the transaction only counts as a valid bid if it confirms before the end time. Will combat sniping, and will also make the game more interesting.

Interesting... without confirmation you shouldn't be able to get the prize anyway, but I see your point. Maybe requiring 1 confirmation before auction end in order for the bid to be counted could be an interesting twist.

Thank you all guys, your feedback is very much appreciated!  Smiley
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 12:33:28 AM

Has the game shut down? I noticed there weren't any auctions since the 20th of July, and from all the past auctions, it doesn't seem very profitable for you. This type of game won't work that well since too many people try to snipe. If your trying to think of a new idea to make it profitable, try adding a deposit system and making it a blind auction. That way, players will be higher amounts in hopes of having a higher chance to win, creating more profit for you.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Brakoo-Lottery

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 11:00:33 AM

Has the game shut down? I noticed there weren't any auctions since the 20th of July, and from all the past auctions, it doesn't seem very profitable for you. This type of game won't work that well since too many people try to snipe. If your trying to think of a new idea to make it profitable, try adding a deposit system and making it a blind auction. That way, players will be higher amounts in hopes of having a higher chance to win, creating more profit for you.

Since mid july, owner did not connect to Bitcointalk. I guess the game is not working anymore.
Looking at how hard it is to bring people to play to Brakoo, which is provably fair and fully transparent, I don't think that this twitia has any chance to take off.

Brakoo, the simplest Bitcoin lottery Try it for FREE!
Brakoo Lottery 1BrakooDHHXvGFY45hefmuxXA6dxN6GK8X (Official Thread) FREE Games with the Faucet
Send any amount to the pot. If you win, you will receive the pot. It is provably fair!. Drawing every day at 00:00 UTC
TWTIA.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 05:50:06 PM

Has the game shut down?

It was a side project for me, and unfortunately I didn't have time to manage all the necessary promotion, marketing etc... to let it take off for real.

If anyone is interested to buy it I'm open to offers, feel free to comment here or write me at: twtia@protonmail.com

I will provide the buyer with all the following material:

• Complete HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP/MySQL code for TWTIA.com frontend and backend.
  • Account credentials for TWTIA.com domain name and anonymous hosting paid with bitcoins (now expired, but it can be renewed upon payment).
  • Account credentials for Block.io wallet connected to the site.
  • Account credentials for twtia@protonmail.com email address.
  • Account credentials for "TWTIA.com" bitcointalk user.

I'm available for any further clarification.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

Has the game shut down?

It was a side project for me, and unfortunately I didn't have time to manage all the necessary promotion, marketing etc... to let it take off for real.

If anyone is interested to buy it I'm open to offers, feel free to comment here or write me at: twtia@protonmail.com

I will provide the buyer with all the following material:

• Complete HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP/MySQL code for TWTIA.com frontend and backend.
  • Account credentials for TWTIA.com domain name and anonymous hosting paid with bitcoins (now expired, but it can be renewed upon payment).
  • Account credentials for Block.io wallet connected to the site.
  • Account credentials for twtia@protonmail.com email address.
  • Account credentials for "TWTIA.com" bitcointalk user.

I'm available for any further clarification.

Well it is a pretty good idea. Instead of selling it why don't you get a team together ? If you can't so it alone you definitely should hey someone to help you. I don't know it's up to you but think about it. There so many people here who would love to help you including myself.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: