Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES network SHUTDOWN without any Announcement !!!  (Read 659 times)
fushh (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:23:40 PM

So this happened to me today... as the BTT waves thread is closed, i Post it here and maybe they start to think in a more Professional way with a funding of 30k BTC...
if this gets a bit disclosure....
https://s32.postimg.org/n19vq0h5x/Bildschirmfoto_2016_06_29_um_16_21_33.png

fushh

Failed Connection to WAVES ?!?!
QuoteModify

so i just wanted to make a transaction from my wallet... yesterday everything worked fine.... i started the app and suddenly i get this....
i tried to restart my pc deleted cookies...reinstalled chrome and the app... NOTHING seem to work... Can somebody help me ??

https://s31.postimg.org/6yqriwwzf/Bildschirmfoto_2016_06_29_um_14_48_51.png

i installed it on my chromebook to test if it was a problem with my Mac... But the Problem remained on my chromebook to... Cant connect to waves platform
... i never had the app installed on the chromebook... i even tried to connect over a hotspot from my mobile to rule out any problems with my rooter... But still same Problem
with connection...

KarlKarlsson

INFORMATION
Global Moderator
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Failed Connection to WAVES ?!?!
LikeQuote
Quote from: fushh on Today at 02:52:55 pm
so i just wanted to make a transaction from my wallet... yesterday everything worked fine.... i started the app and suddenly i get this....
i tried to restart my pc deleted cookies...reinstalled chrome and the app... NOTHING seem to work... Can somebody help me ??

i installed it on my chromebook to test if it was a problem with my Mac... But the Problem remained on my chromebook to... Cant connect to waves platform
... i never had the app installed on the chromebook... i even tried to connect over a hotspot from my mobile to rule out any problems with my rooter... But still same Problem
with connection...
There is currently a node maintenance. Will be back up in few hours at maximum  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:06:34 PM

Expect many funny things like this from this team. They have been Willy nilly changing stuff from the beginning. What we can conclude from this is that they are operating without a business plan.

Step 1. Profit
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Fail
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:24:44 PM

So this happened to me today... as the BTT waves thread is closed, i Post it here and maybe they start to think in a more Professional way with a funding of 30k BTC...

fushh

QuoteModify

with connection...

KarlKarlsson

INFORMATION
Global Moderator
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

LikeQuote

with connection...
There is currently a node maintenance. Will be back up in few hours at maximum  Smiley

Quoting this so people can see the images as fushh is still a newbie, and newbie posted images don't show on bitcointalk.

I thought waves was decentralised, but if fushh is providing legit information it sounds like it's centralised. You can't switch off the bitcoin network for maintenance.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:51:26 PM

how is it possible to shutdown all nodes for maintainance ? Are all nodes run by the devs ? Can ordinary people run nodes ?

fushh (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:10:39 PM

https://s32.postimg.org/n19vq0h5x/Bildschirmfoto_2016_06_29_um_16_21_33.png

fushh

QuoteModify

with connection...

KarlKarlsson

INFORMATION
Global Moderator
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

LikeQuote

with connection...
There is currently a node maintenance. Will be back up in few hours at maximum  Smiley

Quoting this so people can see the images as fushh is still a newbie, and newbie posted images don't show on bitcointalk.

I thought waves was decentralised, but if fushh is providing legit information it sounds like it's centralised. You can't switch off the bitcoin network for maintenance.

Thank You for this... and yes this is all legit as you can read for yourself at the official forum...
here are the links to the official forum Threads..
https://wavestalk.org/general-discussion/node-maintanance-without-announcement-!!/msg423/?topicseen#msg423

and also this one:

https://wavestalk.org/waves-lite-client/failed-connection-to-waves-!!/msg406/?topicseen#msg406
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:20:36 PM

how is it possible to shutdown all nodes for maintainance ? Are all nodes run by the devs ? Can ordinary people run nodes ?

Currently only developers and exchanges have full nodes code.

Waves launch has been a real mess...
fushh (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:26:23 PM

Waves Client still can't connect to the Network so Network "maintenance" is taking now more than 5h
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

i really fall for that.... Angry
at least i've sold at 28k +/-, it wasnt a bad idea after all.

If they come back with good news i might buy a few at 10k each.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: