Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 ETH BOUNTY! - help with creating bootable USB  (Read 760 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 10:52:04 PM

Hey all,

so I have my 16GB USB drive, I have the ISO image of ETHstickPRO, and I have successfully written the file and spooled up the software. 

The problem is the partition is precisely the size of the OS (something like 6.7 GB of the 16GB), and thus I cannot really do anything within the OS.  Won't even let me save changes to the pool and address. 

I used Rufus to write the ISO image. 

Is there anyone out there that can help me set a partition size that is larger than just the OS, so I have some disk space to work with?!

3 ETH to whoever gives me the best answer THAT WORKS!

thanks all!!

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 10:57:51 PM

google...
thanks for the eth

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 10:59:02 PM

google...
thanks for the eth

I enjoy the pithiness......but I have tried.  Have not been able to find a solution yet. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 11:17:00 PM

Hey all,

so I have my 16GB USB drive, I have the ISO image of ETHstickPRO, and I have successfully written the file and spooled up the software.  

The problem is the partition is precisely the size of the OS (something like 6.7 GB of the 16GB), and thus I cannot really do anything within the OS.  Won't even let me save changes to the pool and address.  

Is there anyone out there that can help me set a partition size that is larger than just the OS, so I have some disk space to work with?!

thanks all!!

if you got the pro version and paid for it, why cant you message the guy who made it and ask him?

paying someone 3 eth, which is MORE then the pro version costs, to do something that the owner of the iso can probably tell you how to do is kind of strange.

http://omg-it.works/ethstick-pro-update-to-the-ethereum-mining-stick/

altho looking at the how to order.. it seems he sets the pool when he sends the ISO.. im guessing you didnt buy it.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 11:17:13 PM

Download the last free version of PartedMagic, boot to it and use gparted to expand the partition to the size you need. Or just use gparted on a linux rig if you have one.
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 11:38:33 PM

Hey all,

The problem is the partition is precisely the size of the OS (something like 6.7 GB of the 16GB), and thus I cannot really do anything within the OS.  Won't even let me save changes to the pool and address.  

thanks all!!

if you got the pro version and paid for it, why cant you message the guy who made it and ask him?

paying someone 3 eth, which is MORE then the pro version costs, to do something that the owner of the iso can probably tell you how to do is kind of strange.

altho looking at the how to order.. it seems he sets the pool when he sends the ISO.. im guessing you didnt buy it.

First off, back the hell off with the accusations.  My rep far surpasses your own, so check yourself.

Secondly, Jacob does not offer support outside of the Linux eco system, hence why I am asking.  I am a winblows user. 

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 11:47:03 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 12:11:55 AM by aarons6

Hey all,

thanks all!!

First off, back the hell off with the accusations.  My rep far surpasses your own, so check yourself.

Secondly, Jacob does not offer support outside of the Linux eco system, hence why I am asking.  I am a winblows user.  

just noticed he is selling it for 44 EUR.. that seems like a lot.. for no support  Roll Eyes

have you tried to extract the ISO directly on the usb with winrar or some other windows program? this should let you use the whole space of the usb and not just the size of the iso. not sure it would work tho outside of linux.

this is the proper way..
http://blogs.fingerlakes1.com/lugofthefingerlakes/how-to-create-or-increase-the-size-of-an-image-file-img-iso-etc/

you are probably going to need to use a live linux usb to make it work.

EDIT

actually, if he used squashfs it wont matter what size the usb is, the image of the linux will always have the same free space and it will always be read only.. meaning you cant do it unless you rebuild the WHOLE thing with your pool info..

greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:35:37 AM

There are ways to extend the partition.  right to left, left to right...etc.  But it may just be quick to backup the config files and re-create the usb drive.

I can figure out a solution, so PM me if you want to work on this.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:37:20 AM

There are ways to extend the partition.  right to left, left to right...etc.  But it may just be quick to backup the config files and re-create the usb drive.

this will work unless he made the usb with squashfs.. no matter how large the partition is, it will be read only.

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:18:28 AM

I used Rufus to create the bootable USB.  Something you can work with?

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 06:09:13 AM

Why don't you just use iso  to usb?   Its more basic and probably slower but i  think it will solve your problem so you should have a  workable partition siz.   Either that or just download partition magic and use it on your usb stick.   

LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:39:41 AM

Hi,

the system is build up on squashFS (see Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SquashFS)
There is no need to extend this Filesystem, because it is and will be readonly !
You have to implement an other partition with a UnionFS to gain read/write access.
This could be done to mount the needed directories with read/write to UnionFS or create fixed symlinks into squashFS for editable files that are located on the UnionFS partition.

Not Easy to build without the source of ETHstickPro but not impossible.

3ETH will not be enough to do this for you, ~39 USD for round about 3 - 6 hrs work.... try it in india...

cheers,

LeChuck
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:49:23 AM

my 2 pennys ., google://AOMEI Partition Assistant
try the ,extending a partition,  option

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:08:39 PM

my 2 pennys ., google://AOMEI Partition Assistant
try the ,extending a partition,  option

squashFS could be resized and extended but he will never gain write access by design !
squashFS is a readonly Filesystem like for embedded Linux Systems (BlueRay-Players,Set-Topboxes, Sat-Receivers etc.)

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:23:24 PM

Got help with online resizing....seems to work. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: