Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:56:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bASIC BTC refunds list - v2.0  (Read 13373 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:09:35 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 12:39:07 AM by Sitarow

Still no refund.

Edit: Just saw this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=175872.0.  Not sure how much deadlines really mean..

I am agitated since I haven't heard anything since I sent my bitcoins last week.. A simple, hey got your order, but I'm busy would be nice

Thought I was helping him out of a bad situation and getting something cool to play with but the cycle continues here

Just got a hold of Tom, he is just REALLY busy and shipping orders out everyday.  He is shipping mine out tomorrow.

Everyone stay calm and he will get to everybody

Tom has managed to work his way back into good standing despite proponents attacking every effort he has made to clear up the mess.

I like many who supported Tom was never interested in getting hardware quick but rather having ASIC solutions that would provide more then a few manufacturers. I even attempted to help by purchasing more orders with the goal of helping the project see the light of day.

As you all know the reset is history.

Tom has managed to pay back all my orders in full and I for one hope he revisits his own offering of ASIC tech in months to come.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:48:46 AM

im sorry tom may not intentional set to scam but he did.
and at every turn that the customers asked for a little info he dodge it and said nothing he swore he didnt use are preorder moneys for anything then why didnt he refund everyone sooner then this and clam oo i got to mine coins to pay back.

and of course theres cam electric which he hasn't said a single word about.

also by his own words he still owes me .8 btc and i still have yet to receive it

to many things that he has or hasn't done is what has lead him to the spot hes in how one could trust a man like this is besides me i wouldn't want him in my fox hole all im saying.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
bsgmz

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

I'm still waiting for my refund. For me it's a scam and Tom is a scammer.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:07:27 AM

have you emailed him and what did he say

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
bsgmz

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:08:46 PM

have you emailed him and what did he say
I wrote him many times and is so difficult he answer to me.

But after retry many times, he said me:
I will try to get you your refund this week (3th April)
I will make sure you get your refunds tomorrow (8th April)

No one of the two times was true. He has a fixed thread in this forum section and he doesn't comply what he wrote.

He asks me one and once again the order number. I have given the order number around five times and still he doesn't pay me back.

I believe I have enough reasons to say that Tom is a scammer and I demand one more time publicly what he must pay me.
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:44:46 PM

I received a full refund, and to me, Tom is still a scammer. Why?:

1)  It took over 3 months for me to get my refund since the date it was requested. So it's like I gave him a 0% interest loan for months. Not to mention BTC value went up about 2000% and if not for purchasing bASIC preorders I would've sat on the coins instead, but BTC could've also tanked, so this is a null issue but still pisses me off.

2)  Can-Electric. His involvement with that schema reeks of fishyness.

3)  The horribly photoshopped 3D rendering of his alleged units. Those looked horrible, and were an insult to anybody who funded his little venture into nothingness.

Main issue/Conclusion? The refunds took way too long to be issued considering, from what it appears, he didn't even come close to having a working product at endgame. One has to question how much of the funds actually went into development of the product considering the best he offered us was shitty looking 3D render that a poo-flinging gorilla could've done in under an hour.

I'm down 220ish BTC because of all this. If I'd gotten my refund when I requested it($28/BTC) instead of when I actually got it ($137/BTC), it'd be another issue entirely. I've never bought or sold coins. I've spent them, but never bought or sold. If not for my faith in this jackass who calls himself a christian, I could've bought myself a new car. I hope he burns in the hell he so devoutly believes in.
bsgmz

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:23:51 PM

1)  It took over 3 months for me to get my refund since the date it was requested. So it's like I gave him a 0% interest loan for months. Not to mention BTC value went up about 2000% and if not for purchasing bASIC preorders I would've sat on the coins instead, but BTC could've also tanked, so this is a null issue but still pisses me off.

3)  The horribly photoshopped 3D rendering of his alleged units. Those looked horrible, and were an insult to anybody who funded his little venture into nothingness.

Main issue/Conclusion? The refunds took way too long to be issued considering, from what it appears, he didn't even come close to having a working product at endgame. One has to question how much of the funds actually went into development of the product considering the best he offered us was shitty looking 3D render that a poo-flinging gorilla could've done in under an hour.

I'm down 220ish BTC because of all this. If I'd gotten my refund when I requested it($28/BTC) instead of when I actually got it ($137/BTC), it'd be another issue entirely. I've never bought or sold coins. I've spent them, but never bought or sold. If not for my faith in this jackass who calls himself a christian, I could've bought myself a new car. I hope he burns in the hell he so devoutly believes in.
Tom has become rich taking away our BitCoins and there are people who give thanks.
dmcurser

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:45:59 AM

+111111

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:49:27 AM

Concur on all the above..

Tom has proven to be incompetent on several occasions - paying everyone back eventually doesn't clear his name.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:24:20 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 05:07:10 PM by fred0

Full refund received today 4/23/13 00:19 EDT ....the list is almost complete!
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:47:04 AM

This is a very strong claim to make. You have to prove it. For what we know, Tom was never involved in Can-Electric.

Most likely, people offered to buy one of Tom's domain, to run their own scam while leveraging the "image" of the domain name. In this situation, Tom would have had no idea what the buyers were going to use the domain for.

dmcurser

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:09:37 AM

plz dont stick up for tom let him be a man and answer these ? himself and turthfuly befor you defend him

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:18:20 PM

This is a very strong claim to make. You have to prove it. For what we know, Tom was never involved in Can-Electric.

Most likely, people offered to buy one of Tom's domain, to run their own scam while leveraging the "image" of the domain name. In this situation, Tom would have had no idea what the buyers were going to use the domain for.

From what we know, which is exactly nothing (unless I missed him respond to this question) I feel its more likely he was involved than not.

Why doesn't the man come in here and provide proof of your (and btw LukeJr's) convenient straw man.  Seems it shouldn't be to difficult to prove that he sold the domain before Can-Electric SCAM was posted on his site..  And for someone who is so concerned with paying people back and doing the right thing and clearing his scammer tag and a god fearing man to boot, that he would respond and put up some fucking proof.  But nah he just chooses to completely avoid the question....  Yup that sure sounds like a fellow who had nothing to do with it eh?Huh?

BTW go back and look at the very first post that Can-Electric put up on the site it reeks of Tom's writing style (grammar, spelling mistakes, bashing BFL, point out specifically that Tom was trying to do the right thing and no reason to doubt his intentions etc etc paraphrasing here btw).

I think you can guess what conclusion I have made from this limited information and honestly even if Tom paid back every red cent of pre-order money he still deserves the SCAMMER tag.  ANYONE doing any business on this forum should be pre-warned of the possible risk of doing anything with this man IMO.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:57:12 AM

From what we know, which is exactly nothing (unless I missed him respond to this question) I feel its more likely he was involved than not.

Why doesn't the man come in here and provide proof of your (and btw LukeJr's) convenient straw man.  Seems it shouldn't be to difficult to prove that he sold the domain before Can-Electric SCAM was posted on his site..  And for someone who is so concerned with paying people back and doing the right thing and clearing his scammer tag and a god fearing man to boot, that he would respond and put up some fucking proof.  But nah he just chooses to completely avoid the question....  Yup that sure sounds like a fellow who had nothing to do with it eh?Huh?

BTW go back and look at the very first post that Can-Electric put up on the site it reeks of Tom's writing style (grammar, spelling mistakes, bashing BFL, point out specifically that Tom was trying to do the right thing and no reason to doubt his intentions etc etc paraphrasing here btw).

I think you can guess what conclusion I have made from this limited information and honestly even if Tom paid back every red cent of pre-order money he still deserves the SCAMMER tag.  ANYONE doing any business on this forum should be pre-warned of the possible risk of doing anything with this man IMO.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 02:04:38 AM

Why doesn't the man come in here and provide proof of your (and btw LukeJr's) convenient straw man.  Seems it shouldn't be to difficult to prove that he sold the domain before Can-Electric SCAM was posted on his site..

Forum posters showed that the WHOIS information of the domain changed when the Can-Electric website went online. I remember thinking at the time "Tom must have sold the domain".
dmcurser

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:59:40 AM

hmm me wounder what happened to buzzdave havent heard anything from him in well idk and hes not talking in the other project he was involed in either hmm,

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:13:11 AM

Why doesn't the man come in here and provide proof of your (and btw LukeJr's) convenient straw man.  Seems it shouldn't be to difficult to prove that he sold the domain before Can-Electric SCAM was posted on his site..

Forum posters showed that the WHOIS information of the domain changed when the Can-Electric website went online. I remember thinking at the time "Tom must have sold the domain".

I would be very interested in seeing the post.  To be honest I was following the Can-Electric thread and I don't remember seeing this information posted but its possible I missed it.

gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:51:01 AM

Why doesn't the man come in here and provide proof of your (and btw LukeJr's) convenient straw man.  Seems it shouldn't be to difficult to prove that he sold the domain before Can-Electric SCAM was posted on his site..

I would be very interested in seeing the post.  To be honest I was following the Can-Electric thread and I don't remember seeing this information posted but its possible I missed it.

Whois information didn't change according to a query today for bitcoinasic.net anyone can do (the last change was the creation of the domain October the 8th).

Tom claimed that many of his accounts were hacked which was confirmed at least for his bitcointalk account by the administrator.

As Tom obviously wasn't in any position to profit from the Can-Electric SCAM (being in the spotlight and easily reachable), common sense points to either some crook seeing an opportunity to pull a scam with low risks or a competitor willing to spread more FUD to increase its own sales. Some of them have people on board with more shady pasts than Tom, that's for sure... In my opinion the most likely is some anonymous scammer hacking into Tom's accounts.

I'm not sure what people asking Tom for explanations are expecting, he repeatedly said that he isn't interested in engaging in any conversation here. So people complaining are more or less talking with themselves. Some of them may not have any valid claim either and just spread FUD.

On one hand there's no proof that people like me claiming to have been refunded are really refunded customers (although it's beginning to look increasingly unlikely that they are fakes now).
But on the other hand there's no proof that people claiming to wait for a refund really have a claim. I suspect at least some of them are fakes, it would not be the first time that someone would have tried to profit from such a situation, there have been numerous examples of people trying to claim something that wasn't theirs on these forums: "Hey, Tom will have hundreds of refunds to do and seems over his head with this whole thing maybe I can trick him into refunding me too.". That's why I never posted my actual order numbers BTW...

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 02:29:29 PM

I am yet to receive refund, even tho tom claimed he refunded me with false information, only to take it back (claiming mistake) after i notified that's not correct sum nor my refund address.
SCAM

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Grix

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:07:59 PM

You can add me to the list. Order 1841, $530 worth. Paid in bitcoin. Refund requested several times in January and February. Not received refund yet. Address 1QFTpHh2Xk8ywe6datcCs57W2LwDeVSi9x

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: